PDA

View Full Version : Xbox multiplayer lock up

brokenbyhope
03-24-2004, 11:03 AM
everytime i go to optimatch and wait for the servers to come up on the xbox version of the game, my system freezes. i have already exchanged the system once and the game once. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem and how to fix it. I can host a game with no problem, just when i go to optimatch and look for servers. I have also tried deleting the splinter cell file completely and still nothing.

brokenbyhope
03-24-2004, 11:03 AM
everytime i go to optimatch and wait for the servers to come up on the xbox version of the game, my system freezes. i have already exchanged the system once and the game once. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem and how to fix it. I can host a game with no problem, just when i go to optimatch and look for servers. I have also tried deleting the splinter cell file completely and still nothing.

slaggo
03-24-2004, 01:42 PM
i've done the same...absolutely nothing.

i've thought about returning the game but nothing.

****go
Xbox gamertag: ****go

brokenbyhope
03-24-2004, 01:48 PM
so you are having the same problem as i am? what have you dont to try to fix it?

slaggo
03-24-2004, 02:00 PM
i've done everything you did....delete everything off the harddrive (xbox application updater & splinter cell 2 saves) and started fresh and NOTHING.

i've tried recreating profiles and stuff....and nothing. another weird thing i notice is how i'll create a profile for the first time and when i select the profile next time, it'll say it's damaged. i'll let it recover and that's done.

NO idea what that's all about...but it doesn't seem major.

i can host games fine, join a friend's game or even join a quick match game. also single player works fine too. it's JUST optimatch that's making me pull my hair out.

so, i'll be playing through other methods like joinin' a friend's game & hosting till they can fix this. i've also sent an email to Ubisoft support and hopefully i'll get a decent response.

****go

brokenbyhope
03-24-2004, 04:23 PM
yeah i get the damaged file also. That is because you cant use multiplayer saves for single player or single player for multi. it happens to me too and it happens to my friend. just create 2 profiles. let me know what ubisoft says about your email. Im adding you to my live friends list, my live name is the same as this: brokenbyhope.

Rabbi_X
03-24-2004, 04:26 PM
I am having the same problems too. It seems to lock up as soon as the servers are refreshed to show thier speed. Only thing I have been able to due with optimatch is pick a game real quick before the servers show the latency ratings. Kind of sucks, but glad to see its not only me, so hopefully they can fix it soon.

Rabbi X

slaggo
03-24-2004, 05:39 PM
this is the reply i got in an email...

"Rob,

We've seen a few people having this issue. Almost everyone who is
having this issue has a Thompson DVD drive, so it is looking like that may
be the issue. It could also be network congestion considering this is a
huge game and it was just released this week. If you are behind a
router, try to connect directly to your modem. If you still have the problem
in a week, I'd contact 1-800-4MY-XBOX to see if you have your DVD drive
replaced with a newer model."

on another note, at this post: http://forums.xbox.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=6728416
major nelson stated that Xbox Live is aware of the problem and is working with Ubisoft to fix it. It's also been stated that the problem persists on OTHER drives, not just Thompson. So, don't worry...it's not the old xbox.
****go

StuDDJ
03-24-2004, 09:58 PM
thx man...

bump

Ghstfly185
03-25-2004, 06:01 AM
My game locks up same as everyone else. I go to Optimatch and wait for the matches to load up and my game freezes within about 18 seconds. It even started screeching once(and hopefully the last time)also when it froze up.As for the Damaged Profile message popping up,mine did that also. Keep two different profiles,one for your single player mission and another for your Xbox Live game and that will remedy it.I hope that Ubisoft will be able to address the problem with the Xbox Live lock-ups with a patch or I hope that Ubisoft will offer us replacement discs.I bought the game at EB and they only offer a 14 day return policy so I guess I'll have to give them a call and inform them of the problem.I just wanted to mention one other thing and say that it's not just the Thomson drive this time, I have a 2 week old X-box with a Samsung drive and a malfunctioning 2year/5month old Xbox with the Thomson drive(If you keep getting Damaged or dirty disc errors It's time to send your old Xbox back to Microsoft).

slaggo
03-25-2004, 10:58 AM
yeah, people are havin' problems with connection...sometimes you'll just disconnect and go right back to the main screen.

i noticed some connection problems here and there....i assumed it's mainly because of the servers being flooded with everybody getting the game.

i'm sure this is all being looked into by Ubisoft & Microsoft.

****go