PDA

View Full Version : The Walkin Speed Issue

Landoe
03-27-2004, 02:37 PM
I waited months for far cry, and it all seemed to good to be true, even the chessy characters and stroyline lol.
But then i got online and couldnt beleve the slow pace at which u were expected to walk and fight, sure there a run button but its only for short bursts and makes combat harder.
I noticed on websites it claims crytek did this deliberatly so combat wasnt quick and easy but this is silly, it feels so slow and boring specially in mud and sand or up hills, its like playin war on a zimmerframe in slow motion, anyone else feel the same, whats ur thouts on this slowmo walking dilemma

Landoe
03-27-2004, 02:37 PM
I waited months for far cry, and it all seemed to good to be true, even the chessy characters and stroyline lol.
But then i got online and couldnt beleve the slow pace at which u were expected to walk and fight, sure there a run button but its only for short bursts and makes combat harder.
I noticed on websites it claims crytek did this deliberatly so combat wasnt quick and easy but this is silly, it feels so slow and boring specially in mud and sand or up hills, its like playin war on a zimmerframe in slow motion, anyone else feel the same, whats ur thouts on this slowmo walking dilemma

mr.amphibian
03-28-2004, 09:35 AM
I am pretty sure it depends what kind of weapon you are carrying. If you take out a handgun things were faster for me- or at least running covered more distance and my stamina recharged faster. Also if you're running between cover it's best to run then crouch behind your cover as your stamina will come back fast so you can run on again.

max... dearest of all my friends!

Bone43
03-28-2004, 10:12 AM
Yea the speed works well in SP but
they should speed it up for MP
which BTW isnt really all that in my opinon
maybe with some work it could be but SP
is where this game lives

Bone43

F000D
03-28-2004, 12:14 PM
Yea, this is awful.

It does depend on weapon you're carrying so you end up running to where you want to go with the pistol/machete selected & then having to select what weapon you want.

It feels like I'm running through sludge if I run with any other weapons

They should definately sort this out, at least for the multiplayer game.
Or just disable the run status bar thingy so you can run for as long as you want (It's still not THAT fast).