PDA

View Full Version : Ping, Internet Connection

MarcosKyung
08-16-2014, 11:15 PM
Hello, Im about to pre-order the game but I just had this question about ping. Will ping affect a lot in this game? Im from Argentina and I usually get 160-180 ping on US East servers. Some games the ping affects a lot in the gameplay but there are other games that I cant even notice the ping effect. I dont want to have a bad game experience because of this.

So the questions are:

1- Will ping impact in the interaction with other players/cars? (Online race)
2- If ping affects, is it gonna be a delay response lag, or just choppy and freezing lag between cars?
3- If I play with my friends in Argentina, will we have to join a US Server to play together? Or will be there sessions to host ourselves so that we dont have lag each other?

Thanks for the attention, as soon as this thread get answered, I will pre-order it.

TVR Speed 12
08-17-2014, 02:11 AM
Potentially could be a issue. Have you tried altering your NAT settings?

MarcosKyung
08-17-2014, 06:24 PM
Potentially could be a issue. Have you tried altering your NAT settings?

NAT settings?? I dont think configuring it would make the internet connection any better, its just a server distance problem. :c

Thanks for the answer tho! ^^

Ryzza5
08-18-2014, 01:56 AM
I'm in Australia which is just as far and get a decent ping. Buy a 'gaming router' with better internals and firmware.

fabiancs
08-19-2014, 01:32 AM
Yo tengo la misma duda.
En la primera Beta era imposible conectarse con amigos o jugar PVP pero habia leido que era un problema tecnico.
Te sugiero esperar a la segunda beta porque seguramente mejoraron los servidores, al menos un poco.

Zhyr79
08-31-2014, 01:12 PM
I'm in Australia which is just as far and get a decent ping. Buy a 'gaming router' with better internals and firmware.

I was playing with my Brother who lives 90 minutes away(both in QLD) . Both our internet connections are 12mbit+ ADSL2 connections. We both found playing solo fine, but I found playing together was horrible. Teleporting/skipping vehicles and weird physics(I hit a truck and the truck flew up in the air doing slow cartwheels) does not make the game enjoyable. That's my only real complaint.

I'm assuming that there is going to be a fair bit of work done on the netcode optimisations before release otherwise it's not going to be playable with other people from outside the US.

I'm hesitant about pre-ordering it because of that.

MaXiiczek
09-05-2014, 11:26 AM
it was said The Crew is based on peer to peer connection between players, so distance from US shouldn't make a difference