PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else dislike cars heal themselves?

Spitfirex007
08-04-2014, 06:20 PM
It seems like it would make police chases way to easy. I'd much rather see them take a page from NFS and make you drive through something when you need to fix your car. I also really dislike the GPS marker. Hopefully they give us the opinion to do it the traditional way

Elpeevy
08-04-2014, 06:45 PM
[QUOTE=Spitfirex007;10144924]It seems like it would make police chases way to easy. I'd much rather see them take a page from NFS and make you drive through something when you need to fix your car. I also really dislike the GPS marker. Hopefully they give us the opinion to do it the traditional way

yea i dislike the auto repair because i realty like crashes and the car repairs to fast and other thing i didnt like is the cash cam the slow mo cam and how much let you show you the crash i would like a option were you can change that and the repair thing

MaXiiczek
08-05-2014, 08:09 AM
autorepair during a race? a didn't play the beta, but if this is in, i don't like it... at least change it to repair after a race if anything, people should take a responsibility for their driving and lose the race if they break their car at the start...

Spitfirex007
08-05-2014, 08:08 PM
I am not sure if it does it during races or not. I know it does when free roaming

speedster6363
08-06-2014, 04:02 PM
it would be nice if they had an option where you could turn the cars healing themselves thing on and off, so people that like it can leave it on, and those who don't can leave it off. it seems pretty simple.

mattezx
08-07-2014, 08:46 AM
It seems like it would make police chases way to easy. I'd much rather see them take a page from NFS and make you drive through something when you need to fix your car. I also really dislike the GPS marker. Hopefully they give us the opinion to do it the traditional way

I've read somewhere that this "healing" is only visual. Car itself stays damaged. You can hear it - engine has different "wrong" sound. You can feel it - handling, acceleration, speed etc. That's why your female friend (forgot her name) keeps telling you to visit garage, because your car is wreck although it doesn't look like wreck.
I like it personally, because I don't want to visit HQ after each crash. I'll try to find the source of this info and update my post later.

BL00DY2627
08-07-2014, 05:02 PM
I've read somewhere that this "healing" is only visual. Car itself stays damaged. You can hear it - engine has different "wrong" sound. You can feel it - handling, acceleration, speed etc. That's why your female friend (forgot her name) keeps telling you to visit garage, because your car is wreck although it doesn't look like wreck.
I like it personally, because I don't want to visit HQ after each crash. I'll try to find the source of this info and update my post later.

I agree with mattezx here i have played countless racing games and it does become very irritating to constantly take your car back to your garage just to have it fixed but i will say they need to have a on/off setting for the auto repair system in the game.

Exxoc
08-07-2014, 07:41 PM
It's not as bad as it sounds. Here's how it works;

Whenever you crash hard enough your car will lose some of it's health and it will show visually. These two slowly regenerate overtime, but it is only the visuals which restore to a perfect condition*. Health wise, the cars overall health will decrease by each impact, which means it will regenerate less and less health. After a lot of reckless driving you will have to get your car repaired. Your car will also sound more damaged according to how much health it got.

*I'm not sure since my car almost never got as damaged, but when it's damaged enough I think it will look overall dirtier and "used".

At first I thought this system was a joke, but after some time I really do prefer it this way. You see, it's the best of two worlds. Let's take the two TDU games for example. In the first TDU game, there were no visual damage. Some liked to always drive around in pristine cars but others hated it being unrealistic. In TDU 2 however, there were visual damage. And one of the only ways to fix that as far as I can remember was to visit your home and then return to free roam for example, which was pretty annoying considering the people who loved to ram others and so on.

In The Crew, we get to drive around in pristine looking cars and have damage at the same time. It's a crude solution but it does work considering it's a bit of an arcady game. I for one like to get to look at my shiny fabulous car not having a scratch, and having to visit service garages every time it gets dented would be annoying.

Ryzza5
08-08-2014, 01:45 AM
I think if you damage the car critically (say below 30% health) it doesn't auto heal as much as compared to sustaining a little damage. I don't want to have to go to HQ every time the car gets damaged a little, but don't want it to be too easy like in NFS Most Wanted 2012... maybe more like Midnight Club where you have to stop at the petrol station and select repair (which makes it less of an option during races/chases).

Supra4
08-08-2014, 01:59 AM
Actually the visuals don't heal to 100% either. After a lap of the map, my Challenger kept looking like a crumpled beer can even after being stationary for 10 minutes.

http://www.saenen.net/forums/crew/beta/crw_beta_damg_healthloss.jpg

FYI, this was all that was left of the health bar. It wouldn't regenerate past that. A serious crash in a race, and it would be a DNF.

http://www.saenen.net/forums/crew/beta/crw_beta_healthloss.jpg

iM3GTR
08-18-2014, 12:22 PM
Actually the visuals don't heal to 100% either. After a lap of the map, my Challenger kept looking like a crumpled beer can even after being stationary for 10 minutes.

http://www.saenen.net/forums/crew/beta/crw_beta_damg_healthloss.jpg

FYI, this was all that was left of the health bar. It wouldn't regenerate past that. A serious crash in a race, and it would be a DNF.

http://www.saenen.net/forums/crew/beta/crw_beta_healthloss.jpg

Probably a fault in the Beta. They'll fix it.