PDA

View Full Version : Forza fans - How is the handling

Spitfirex007
07-27-2014, 05:18 PM
For those who played the beta. How is the handling compared to say Forza? Can a hardcore Forza/sim driver enjoy this game? I know this is an arcade racer. And after watching a ton of videos, I feel it may be a bit to much like midnight Club la.

I'm buying it regardless. But I have a few friends in trying to convince. They wont touch a racing game unless the handling is realistic.

Grisdoff
07-27-2014, 05:39 PM
Forza is no simulation. Iīm simracer driving with rFactor and Assetto Corsa. I was driving The Crew in hardcore mode and itīs arcadish, but itīs a good balancing to hard simraces.

Senninha-75
07-27-2014, 05:54 PM
For those who played the beta. How is the handling compared to say Forza? Can a hardcore Forza/sim driver enjoy this game? I know this is an arcade racer. And after watching a ton of videos, I feel it may be a bit to much like midnight Club la.

I'm buying it regardless. But I have a few friends in trying to convince. They wont touch a racing game unless the handling is realistic.

So you call a race game with a rewind feature like Forza a Sim racer, hilarious :D. If you want a real sim racer try some race games of Simbin or rFactor, now those are Sim racers because Forza doesnt even come close to be a Sim racer.

If you want to compare The Crew with other race games ATLEAST compare it with the right game. The Crew isnt NFS/Burnout/GT/Forza/Midnight Club etc. etc., The Crew is basicly Test Drive Unlimited 3 and nothing else...

Spitfirex007
07-27-2014, 09:38 PM
Well I'm assuming those sim racers you listed are PC. I'm not a pc gamer. Therefore I never have nor will play those. Forza is one of the more sim games for consoles. Rewind button or not.

I am asking how the controls handle comparing the two. I'm nor trying to get into a **** war over what is sim and what isn't.

Senninha-75
07-27-2014, 10:01 PM
Didnt mean to offend you, but just tired of all the people calling this game NFS or Burnout etc. etc.. Like i said before this game is basicly TDU3. The physics in The Crew arent the best nor the worst but i personally had no problem to getting used to them. Tried it with a steering wheel and joypad and could set up both devices just the way i wanted to, from twitchy/agressive steering to more precise/accurate steering.

There been some complaints about the driving physics within The Crew during the Beta but i bet most people that complained about it didnt even take the effort to fiddle/tweak their settings.

Spitfirex007
07-27-2014, 10:30 PM
Most people in the Internet do try to offend others based on their opinions. So sorry I took it a bit out of context. And thanks for the answer.

This game Imo is like nothing every done before. Sure there are plenty of open world racers. But nothing to this scale. I do hope the handling is better then off tdu. To me it always felt blocky and stiff. Though it wasn't the worst handling, could have been better. Either way in going to enjoy the crap or of this title.

I will give tdu credit. One of my favorite racing game moments was playing that game. Had the windows down in my car, music up and just went for a cruise around some curved roads. It was very relaxing. I was totally pulling into that game, at that moment.

wizz_ok
07-28-2014, 07:57 PM
Hi,

I've been sim racing on rFactor since 2005/6 and before on Toca 2&3 and now on Assetto Corsa. This is best described as a MASSIVE version of TDU, BUT the feeling and driving is much more like Sim Racing than arcade. I only called this game an arcade game because you have arcade type games to play with-in the game. However, with the variety of wheel and pedals supported and the amount of options on adjustment of your wheel and pedals, the feeling really comes down to how much time you spend setting up your setup i.e if you just plug in an xbox controller and go for it, it's arcade(ish), if you setup your controllers linearity etc etc, it's a great fun game. If however, you plug a Fanatec Wheel and Clubsport pedals into it and set them up properly, it's a sim racers open-world (also, the type of car and setup you have, greatly effects the way the game feels) i.e your never going to get a good feeling driving the base Mustang or Camero SS, but if you've driven a race spec, tuned Aston Martin, it's awesome and feels like it should (I can't wait to try some of the other cars that will be available in the finished title).

All in all, this will be whatever you make of it, you can either get in your tuned car (with your wheel and pedals setup properly) and drive across the States to a racetrack and go racing (now, isn't that what all of us real sim racers have secretly wanted for years, to drive to our races). Or, you can jump into the game and cruise about in your various cars with your mates and have a laugh or cause mayhem, which most of us will enjoy doing as well, the choice is yours, but at least this Sim/Game has the depth and quality to allow you to choose how you play it.

And, that's ultimately what The Crew's about, doing what you want to do and having a large enough world/playground, that you could play this for years and not get bored (the only other games I've come across that are as big (in size) as this, are Space Sims). Or, another way to describe The Crew, is a Sim/Game 50 times bigger than TDU2, mixed with rFactor feeling and controller setup options with the quality of next gen graphics that'll blow your mind away.....

DeadlyDeal
08-01-2014, 11:34 AM
I play too simulator like Project CARS or Assetto even LFS... I can say Hardcore is a bit arcade mode... if HC mode could be done a little more difficult one would certainly not mind: D

Ryzza5
08-08-2014, 01:47 AM
You essentially need dirt tyres to feel the physics better. But it's hard to answer your question when you call Forza a simulator. It may have realistic handling, but it's not simulated.

Modern_Bear
08-08-2014, 01:03 PM
The handling in this game doesn't really feel like any of the Forza games. It's kind of hard to compare the handling to anything else I've played. Even though the game is basically Test Drive Unlimited at the concept level, the handling doesn't feel like previous TDU games, especially not TDU 2. It's better than TDU 2 by a lot. I wouldn't call it a sim, nor would I call it full arcadish, say like a Burnout game. It's somewhere in between. It actually feels decent except that some cars feel a bit light, like their natural state is to want to spin out, and they can be hard to recover once that process starts. That's something I hope they work on before release.

As to what it should be, I feel handling in a video game like this should be to the point cars are drivable so that anyone can jump in and play, and should not require a wheel to be able to stay on the road, which I think they have mostly got right. Save all that hardcore stuff for the hardcore sims. In other words, I play games like this to be able to drive cars I won't ever drive in real life and have fun doing so, just cruising around in an open world. I think they hit the nail on the head with this game, for the most part. Really they mostly need to optimize the graphics for the PC version of the game so it can run a little better on computers that aren't bleeding edge.

devanmc
08-29-2014, 06:05 PM
Am I the only one here that things the car physics and control is terrible? forza, asseta corsa any of the other sims games have way better car physics. I enjoy the game, but these physics are ruining the entire experience for me.

DMM_Cypher
08-30-2014, 12:02 AM
No dev I totally agree. I have played around with settings for half the time I played and not even with a g27 does it feel proper. oversteer happens all the time even when going slow. Not to mention it feels like the car is fishtailing all the time to try and drive straight or turn!

devanmc
08-30-2014, 01:19 AM
Is this something that is still being worked on and is a common opinion?

DMM_Cypher
08-30-2014, 02:57 AM
I have no idea, but untill they fix handling this is a no buy for me. Other racing and driving sim games have way better handling for a steering wheel than this game. I even tried someones suggestion of 3/4 sensitivity, and it still feels wrong.

If I can drive fine in games like grid nfs euro truck driver 2 etc its the game not me!

karkaroth_
09-01-2014, 06:49 PM
For me the driving was similar to many of the posts here and once I set up the controls properly the game was an amazing open world driving experience, except I really missed the mirrors working from interior view especially on those long open runs where your working your way thru traffic with a friend or 2.

note: I wouldnt complain if h/c mode was a bit more hardcore either.

Using momo force feedback wheel and pedals / gave up using act labs performance pedals when doing drag race because could not get max pedal throw to work properly. clutch and manual shifting was not working well yet the devs know this tho and are working to fix it.

Kazyas
09-02-2014, 02:49 AM
The handling in this game doesn't really feel like any of the Forza games. It's kind of hard to compare the handling to anything else I've played. Even though the game is basically Test Drive Unlimited at the concept level, the handling doesn't feel like previous TDU games, especially not TDU 2. It's better than TDU 2 by a lot. I wouldn't call it a sim, nor would I call it full arcadish, say like a Burnout game. It's somewhere in between. It actually feels decent except that some cars feel a bit light, like their natural state is to want to spin out, and they can be hard to recover once that process starts. That's something I hope they work on before release.

As to what it should be, I feel handling in a video game like this should be to the point cars are drivable so that anyone can jump in and play, and should not require a wheel to be able to stay on the road, which I think they have mostly got right. Save all that hardcore stuff for the hardcore sims. In other words, I play games like this to be able to drive cars I won't ever drive in real life and have fun doing so, just cruising around in an open world. I think they hit the nail on the head with this game, for the most part. Really they mostly need to optimize the graphics for the PC version of the game so it can run a little better on computers that aren't bleeding edge.

^

It drove great for me (Dodge Challenger) once I had gotten used to it, and set it to hardcore. You could really throw it through corners, and it was stable on the road. With full assist on, or even sport, though, as I had in the beginning - it was difficult to keep it straight without wobbling all the time.

I use a 360 controller for the PC, and wouldn't be too happy if they made the hardcore setting more hardcore (i.e. spin out unless you're using a wheel-mode). They could have a "wheel"-setting for the people that really like moving their hands constantly, I guess, but hardcore is pretty good as it is (if a bit spin-out-y sometimes, but you get used to which range of movements to make).

MaXiiczek
09-03-2014, 11:34 AM
also don't forget that cars should handle better on higher levels when you improve them, at least it was said by devs in some sticky topic

wyatto022298
09-04-2014, 04:27 AM
This is just my opinion, but I really think they should just let you adjust traction control, stability control, ABS, etc on your own and then replace the current difficulty with a setting that adjusts the difficulty of the AI.

Kyubi626
10-10-2014, 04:25 PM
It's a pretty interesting handling model but i think i get what they're going for. I play all kinds of racing games and have since i was about 3 or 4 years old. The way this game is set up leans more towards the arcade side but that's not to say you don't need skill to get good at driving on it. as was previously stated, the game actually relies on the car's parts and level to make a difference. My 370z started out a bit unusual but as i got used to it, driving it got better. After i got used to it, increasing the car's level DEFINITELY made a big difference. soon i was whipping around corners faster than most people i'd be driving with. So, yes the cars need a little work on the whole spin out factor, but they drive better as you level them up, like the rpg this game is trying to be. Those skill challenges around the map are actually a godsend because the more you do, the better your car's parts, the better the level, the more speed, acceleration and grip you get. You're rewarded for being a better driver than the next guy, how fast your car is in this game is a physical representation of your own ability, not how much money you have thrown at it. (hardly bought anything in the game except the kit and wheels my car had. lol it looked exactly like the 370z in the cg trailer they first showed) stomped a mustang at the salt flats outside Vegas w/o nitrous. Can't say that about a simulator, i can't cruise to Vegas for an impromptu race in the desert. (I love sims so that's not a bash, that's just something they won't have. I have a friend who's picky about this one too so i see where you're coming from.)

josieboy18
11-27-2014, 11:27 AM

Forza is for sure a simulation game, but the crew not, the crew is a MMO and a little RPG,
the steering by the crew is based on arcade racing, and a little bit simulation, because the cars and the engine,
forza is full simulation, and is based on there on physics en gaming engines,

the engines are not based on the same one, so you have good steering only the physics are bad by the crew, that compensaide with the best racing game 2014 THE CREW #neverdrivealone