PDA

View Full Version : Too Late?

E-Phibian
01-31-2004, 01:04 AM
While I am still waiting for the best time to upgrade my internet connection, my question is, is it still worth to try and play online once I get Cable/DSL?

I finished the single player URU a month ago, and by looking at this message board I feel with much regret that playing online once the testing is over will be pointless.

There are mainly group puzzles online from what I understand, and it is reasonable to think that most people who had the chance have already finished those and will not want to play those puzzles anymore.

Also, I think I will have missed too much of the story, what has happened "while I was out." There will be many advanced players, and only a few new ones. Uru is not game you buy on impulse. One needs to be a fan of the Myst series.

I can only hope that the rumors of a new Myst game are true.

Please let me know I can stop hoping...

E-Phibian
01-31-2004, 01:04 AM
While I am still waiting for the best time to upgrade my internet connection, my question is, is it still worth to try and play online once I get Cable/DSL?

I finished the single player URU a month ago, and by looking at this message board I feel with much regret that playing online once the testing is over will be pointless.

There are mainly group puzzles online from what I understand, and it is reasonable to think that most people who had the chance have already finished those and will not want to play those puzzles anymore.

Also, I think I will have missed too much of the story, what has happened "while I was out." There will be many advanced players, and only a few new ones. Uru is not game you buy on impulse. One needs to be a fan of the Myst series.

I can only hope that the rumors of a new Myst game are true.

Please let me know I can stop hoping...

salgene
01-31-2004, 01:31 AM
Thing is the urulive part is still in beta (being tested) things are still being worked on and tweaked. theres alot of people trying there best to be paitent, but without any info and things to do. I think its starting to get on some peoples last nerve.

Myself included, but I'm just glad to be able to be one of the testers. I just wish there was something to do. to be honest after all testing and tweaking is done they will probley wipe all avatars or something like that so everyone starts fresh.

Hopefully the powers that be will give us an Update one of these days. I think even a small update would be cool. Keeping people in the dark can cause people to make the decision that its not going to be worth it.

WinXP, AMD Athlon XP 2400+ w/512 meg , Geforce 256 DDR 32megs AGP video.

hammett.au
01-31-2004, 01:31 AM
i dont think that missing out on a few months once uru goes live will matter. in fact as this is still in proloug and not live you arent missing anything really.

while i have extremely enjoyed my time on live most things are trivial and do not contribute to story line. most of my enjoyment has come from meeting other uru players and discussing the future of uru. remember that what we have seen on live are small editions to that what was seen in prime. ie sharpers journal is updated and a few more references to kings of old.

in closing, while uru live has been great so far we have only seen a glimse of what is to come!

maztec
01-31-2004, 01:39 AM
E-Phibian, don't bother upgrading your internet connection until Uru goes Live. You won't be missing too much. Just mark it on your calendar to check back once a week and see what's around.

Maz

---
Have you had your D'LA today? (http://www.dniactivities.org/)
Katran KI#: 2831843
Atrus KI#: 4941719

Pepsi1953
01-31-2004, 02:24 AM
E-Phibian as the others have said things in Prologue are still being worked on and tweaked. The storyline itself has not really gone too far. If you've kept up with any of the forums while playing the single player game and up to now you will see what has happened. Much of it wasn't seen by the multitude so we have only the written documentation also. This will be the case if the story continues until you are able to join us.

I don't know if, as salgene says, they will wipe all our players out once they are done with testing and open Uru Live or not. But I do know that Cyan has said that any upcoming puzzles will be both lone and group puzzles. I don't know about others but I'm always up for replaying the puzzles so you can always contact me if you run into any that you need help with.

Granted most players (I believe, although I could always be wrong) who will get/or have gotten Uru are fans of the Myst series. But being that, as I am, makes us savor the Ages and the puzzles so we needn't be in as advanced a stage in our play as you might think. I know I take quite a long while when I am trying to figure the puzzles and see the Age. Myst games/Uru are not to be run through, they are for partaking of the beauty and the challenges at leisure. And as hammett.au so eloquently said, "...while uru live has been great so far we have only seen a glimse of what is to come!"

I think maybe by now you can tell that I believe Uru Live is definitely going to be worth your time.

As to Myst IV, there is still no definite official word that I know about. Rumor is that it's in production now.

~Pepsi~

In Cavern: Pehpsee
Member of the Guild of Greeters (http://www.greetersguild.com/home.html)
Member of the D'LA (http://www.dniactivities.org/)
Atrus KI: 725577
Katran KI: 147811
Achenar KI: 244262

-When you are imagining, you might as well imagine something worthwhile.-