PDA

View Full Version : im getting a skybox error with the cloudsky skymap

pneumaticmind
03-30-2004, 02:21 PM
first off, that is a skymap isnt it? I'm trying to make my sky " dark and brooding" like it says in the manual. anyway, I changed it under the eviroment and i get : error:CTexMan::ImagePreprocessing: Scaling of 'texture/skys/cloudlayers/clouds_rgba.dds' compressed texure is dangerous (only 1 mip)
then file : textures/skys/clouds_rgba.dss
I've tried setingskybox strethcing to 2 and deault zoom to 2 , but i cant figure out how to make it go away, any suggestions?

pneumaticmind
03-30-2004, 02:21 PM
first off, that is a skymap isnt it? I'm trying to make my sky " dark and brooding" like it says in the manual. anyway, I changed it under the eviroment and i get : error:CTexMan::ImagePreprocessing: Scaling of 'texture/skys/cloudlayers/clouds_rgba.dds' compressed texure is dangerous (only 1 mip)
then file : textures/skys/clouds_rgba.dss
I've tried setingskybox strethcing to 2 and deault zoom to 2 , but i cant figure out how to make it go away, any suggestions?

antistar_
03-30-2004, 04:57 PM
If that is the CloudSky1 shader, it doesn't work as a skybox. Try using the numbered shaders at the top of the list, like 17_MP_Dune.

aka Tim Partlett

pneumaticmind
03-30-2004, 11:40 PM
awsome, that fixxed me right up. always a stupid mistake with me. thanks a lot tim, very helpful. when i take over the world you shall be head of everything cool and helpful