PDA

View Full Version : (PS4) Can't use a physics event and a break event together.

Archon453
07-09-2014, 04:34 PM
I've tried multiple methods, using timers, and other things as well, it just won't work. The central point just drops, and the object will reset itself to it's original state if physics were activated before the break event.

Maybe I am just doing it wrong, but it does seem a little buggy to me. If there is a different method that works, a work around would be great.

B0RG1OF1
07-09-2014, 09:51 PM
i havent been able to find a way around this. the first time i encountered it was when attempting to use phyisics joints to tie pieces of the bike together and then making the piece fall off (for a free roam bike) not gonna happen.

the other big one is if you attach something to a glue group with a physics joint and then use the break event on the glue group, when you reset to checkpoint the physics joint is relocated to a random position.

i think its the break event thats buggy

Archon453
07-10-2014, 06:05 AM
I'm assuming so yeah. I have gotten to get physics to work the way I want to though. I will try this with a break event and see if it works. Instead of a physics event, which seems useless to me as it never seems to work. Just use a variable data source, set the max value to one, and the duration as low as you can. .016 I believe. Use that for activating physics, it seems to work perfectly. I'll have to test it in conjunction with a break event to see if it works perfectly, if it does I'll let you know.