PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Recon (PC) IP Problem

XyZspineZyX
11-11-2003, 11:32 PM
Ok I am trying to connect to a friends pc through IP address. I type it in. Click add. And refresh, but still nothing. It shows (Unknown). But my friend can connect to my PC. We both run XP, and we both run dial-up 56k. we both have the same game versions. and neither of us have a firewall on.
Thanks.

XyZspineZyX
11-11-2003, 11:32 PM
Ok I am trying to connect to a friends pc through IP address. I type it in. Click add. And refresh, but still nothing. It shows (Unknown). But my friend can connect to my PC. We both run XP, and we both run dial-up 56k. we both have the same game versions. and neither of us have a firewall on.
Thanks.

XyZspineZyX
11-12-2003, 10:50 AM
Have you checked if XP's internal firewall is disabled?
It's a box in the "properties">"Advanced" tab of your network connection and it should be unchecked.

Edit: Forgot to tell: can you ping his external IP? To do that go to the command prompt and type:

ping xx.xx.xx.xx

where the x's are his IP number.

http://home20.inet.tele.dk/famjourdan/GRsig.jpg

Message Edited on 11/12/0311:35AM by GreyHaired

XyZspineZyX
12-02-2003, 01:05 AM
Sounds more like your friend has a firewall up or router that needs the port forwarded. I had the problem and i could join other servers but no one could join me. Have your friend check his firewall or forward the GR port in his router.