PDA

View Full Version : RocketBoat & Helocopters

XyZspineZyX
01-31-2004, 05:30 AM
I'm not having much luck up top by the big dish and the locked door.

There's a big boat down in the sea shooting rockets/mortars at me. I don't know quite how they can see me, but that's not relavent. What I can't quite figure out is how to blow it up! I've hit it with three rounds from the rocket launcher conviently left by the entrance to the com center, and it's smoking, but still floating. The big-*** chain gun might work on it, but I can't see a damn thing, as the gun gets in the way, and prevents me from aiming at the boat. It works real well on the helocopters, though with the boat still firing at me, I usually die before I can take both out.

James :?

XyZspineZyX
01-31-2004, 05:30 AM
I'm not having much luck up top by the big dish and the locked door.

There's a big boat down in the sea shooting rockets/mortars at me. I don't know quite how they can see me, but that's not relavent. What I can't quite figure out is how to blow it up! I've hit it with three rounds from the rocket launcher conviently left by the entrance to the com center, and it's smoking, but still floating. The big-*** chain gun might work on it, but I can't see a damn thing, as the gun gets in the way, and prevents me from aiming at the boat. It works real well on the helocopters, though with the boat still firing at me, I usually die before I can take both out.

XyZspineZyX
01-31-2004, 05:33 AM
Down by the beach there is a big boat, and a smaller boat which sometimes hides behind the trees...You want to worry about the smaller boat, blow that one up (by where the jeep was), it's shooting at you. The big one seems to blow itself up.

AMD Athlon 64 3200+
MSI K8T Neo
512MB PC3200 DDR400 Corsair XMSC2PRO Memory
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB
160GB 7200 RPM HDD, 8MB Cache
10 80mm LED Case Fans

XyZspineZyX
01-31-2004, 05:40 AM
The little boat is shooting the rockets? Really?

It looks like they're coming from the big one.

XyZspineZyX
01-31-2004, 05:46 AM
Yep. The big boat only has a wimpy mortar cannon, and the gunner has a tendency to blow himself up by nailing the back of the boat's cabin. The big threat is the two-man crew in the little patrol boat (often obscured by trees on the beach). They're the ones launching the slow-moving yet destructive rockets. One shot from the launcher (or two shots with the sniper rifle) will take it out.

XyZspineZyX
01-31-2004, 05:50 AM
When you first start the game and kill the first four guys, move to the second group and make noise so they come after you in the boat. Kill the guys in the boat and then swim over and get into that boat and you can use the rocket launcher yourself! Very cool!

But he is correct, you need to worry about the little boat. I actually just kept running around and used the rocket launcher to destroy the big plane and a helicopter. Then I was able to get inside the plant. It's more about stalling and staying alive until your idiot partner can get that door open. haha

Good luck!

XyZspineZyX
01-31-2004, 05:53 AM
from my experience u dont even have to actually kill anything...just dont get killed until the door is open

XyZspineZyX
01-31-2004, 06:53 AM
If you turn left at the locked door you can see narrow stairs leading down. If you follow them down they go into a hallway which has a collapsed ceiling in the middle, and body armor next to the rubble. If you wait there for a minute or two the door will be unlocked. You can then easily distract and kill the troops dropped off by the VTOL thingy.

XyZspineZyX
01-31-2004, 04:34 PM
Thanks guys! Maybe killing isn't neccesary, but I did it anyway.

Took out the little boat with a rocket, then finished off the choppers with the chain gun. Blew one of them up, the other ran off before I could finish it.

James http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

P.S. I'm going skeet-shooting.

XyZspineZyX
01-31-2004, 09:22 PM
my strategy for that encounter is this

grab the armor, grab the rocket launcher, jump in that small area thats near the entrance that looks like it was a room but with the roof and walls knocked off. there are some bushes inside. if you are in the correct place you should see the mortars blasting at the ground in front of you. Don't worry they won't hit you there.

when the big vtol comes along, nail it with a rocket.

when the 2 blackhawk helis show up, try to send a rocket into the crew compartment, dont miss

voila, now all you have to do is not get blown up by mortars and head to the door

edvvc
02-15-2004, 03:36 PM
i managed to drive onto the boat with the mortar in a patrol boat, and the mortar is usable too http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif but how do you control elevation?

Planet_Valium
02-16-2004, 05:26 AM
You don't, the controls for the mortar are quite crappy.. So far I haven't been able to get it to point skywards.

Oh well, the rockets launched by patrol boats are much more fun 4 me, gets the mercs to fly real far&high if you aim right