PDA

View Full Version : Parental control error

dparmenter99
05-27-2014, 01:39 PM
Every time I try to start the game I get a dialog box that reads, "Parental Control doesn't allow the game to run." I don't have any parental controls set on my computer, or on steam. Anyone have any ideas?

Tully__
05-27-2014, 04:44 PM
Check the parental controls in UPlay?

dparmenter99
05-28-2014, 09:28 PM
I've been trying, but I can't even find parental controls on uplay.

champurado3
05-29-2014, 01:58 AM
yeh I also have this error I checked everything but it still shows up whenever I want to start the game. I also disabled my parental controls trough msconfig but still nothing happen

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
05-29-2014, 01:32 PM
Hi, please contact Technical Support, the link is in my signature.

dparmenter99
05-29-2014, 09:44 PM
Already have a ticket in, just wanted to see if anyone else had the problem or a quick fix.

champurado3
05-30-2014, 05:07 AM
I still have this problem and can tell me how to fix this please I already send an email to ubisoft customer service but there are no response, please fix this

champurado3
05-30-2014, 11:25 AM
I haven't played the game since it's release and not a single response to you guys is giving me a solution for this annoying and nonsense problem, if somebody knows how to fix this please just help me. I have checked every single thing that might made it happen.

I checked my Steam, Uplay, and I even disabled my parental controls bit it still kept on sending me text that I can't play the game because of this PARENTAL CONTROL error

come on guys just help me here stop making me contact your support because no one is trying to send me messages.

I think something is wrong with uplay because I play games that have high age restriction like the Witcher 2 and it's in steam.

dparmenter99
05-30-2014, 10:48 PM
Still working with tech support, gone through a couple of replies and been bumped up an echelon, but no solution yet. If the other people who are having this problem also submit tickets, they may be able to find the common cause for a fix.

Tully__
05-31-2014, 12:03 PM
If the other people who are having this problem also submit tickets, they may be able to find the common cause for a fix.
This^^^
Anyone who hasn't submitted a support ticket at http://support.ubi.com/ should do so.

Jility
06-02-2014, 01:28 PM
Apperently I have the same error, when starting the game. Does anybody have a fix, yet?

Mr_Shade
06-02-2014, 01:30 PM
I strongly urge anyone with this issue - to contact support as advised.

The issue is rare, so the more information the team have, the quicker they can investigate.

Jility
06-02-2014, 01:35 PM
I did report it as a question. Will see what they say.
I can't change parental control settings in Windows as it is removed completely. :(

krynnn
06-02-2014, 05:43 PM
I did report it as a question. Will see what they say.
I can't change parental control settings in Windows as it is removed completely. :(

I do hve the Same problem but nobody knows how to fix it yet..
Can a moderator tell this problem to Ubisoft! Then they will know how to fix it!

I thought it may be because i didn't got a licensed Windows. They recomanded Windows 7 (Service Pack 1)(SP1) .. I didn't got it ..

If you've got th Same problem tell us and can we know if you got an licensed Windows with the (SP1) in Windows settings!

Tully__
06-03-2014, 11:31 AM
Can a moderator tell this problem to Ubisoft! Then they will know how to fix it! ...

I strongly urge anyone with this issue - to contact support as advised.

The issue is rare, so the more information the team have, the quicker they can investigate.
As Mr_Shade recommended, if you're not reporting the issue to http://support.ubi.com/ you're adding to the time it takes them to find a solution.

krynnn
06-03-2014, 02:33 PM
As Mr_Shade recommended, if you're not reporting the issue to http://support.ubi.com/ you're adding to the time it takes them to find a solution.

I already post to the technical support don't worry ! If i fix it i'll tell it to everyone Who got the problem

Jility
06-03-2014, 08:36 PM
Why don't they answer on our problem?

dparmenter99
06-04-2014, 07:35 AM
No fix yet. Haven't heard from em in a few days, hopefully we'll have some answers soon.

champurado3
06-05-2014, 01:46 PM
yeh my parental controls is off but it still popped in my screen, thanks for the people who is who is trying to fix this problem

Jility
06-05-2014, 03:38 PM
To me, it seems nobody is trying to fix this thing. I only got a mail, where they asked me in which language I'd like to communicate with them. :|

guest-ihwXkwF6
06-05-2014, 06:33 PM
I have the same issue. I submitted my ticket on 5/29, they sent the usual scripted copy/paste "run through these steps & if it doesn't work let us know". These steps were all things I had already tried on my own, but I went through them again for the hell of it. Surprise, surprise, none of that worked! The last communication I had from them was on 6/1. I am really tired of not being able to play a game that I pre-ordered & was excited for.

champurado3
06-06-2014, 03:01 PM
I have the same issue. I submitted my ticket on 5/29, they sent the usual scripted copy/paste "run through these steps & if it doesn't work let us know". These steps were all things I had already tried on my own, but I went through them again for the hell of it. Surprise, surprise, none of that worked! The last communication I had from them was on 6/1. I am really tired of not being able to play a game that I pre-ordered & was excited for.

yep you are right I am really tired of waiting for some solution, I pre ordered a 89.99$ game including the season pass and I am starting to think that I should have bought some good or better games that are actually working oh and also I have some games that are more mature than watch dogs so this PARENTAL CONTROL thing shouldn't even appear to our screens. They gave me the same solution that I've even tried myself before but none of it worked. So they better fix this already or will ask for our money back. Udon'tPlay steam is the best

Tully__
06-07-2014, 04:09 AM
To me, it seems nobody is trying to fix this thing...
Finding out what is causing this sort of thing can be extremely tricky. I remember one time at work we were trying to work out what was causing an error in a browser application. We re-installed the operating system and all the other applications 3 times, trying to work out which combination caused the problem. We finally worked out it was a memory addressing error in the scripts used by the browser app itself that caused the error to occur when certain functions were used in a tab other than the tab where the user logged into the application. The application had been built before tabbed browsing was commonplace and this circumstance hadn't been taken into account.
If it can take an experienced programmer and level three support officer two days of work to identify an error and develop a workaround for something that obvious that was affecting all users, it wouldn't surprise me if it takes a month or two to work out why a VERY small number of people (compared to the total number of Watch Dogs users) are having a problem like this one.
To help out, please keep your support tickets updated with ANY information you feel might be relevant, even if it seems silly.

champurado3
06-09-2014, 12:18 PM
[QUOTE=Tully__;10022681]Finding out what is causing this sort of thing can be extremely tricky. I remember one time at work we were trying to work out what was causing an error in a browser application. We re-installed the operating system and all the other applications 3 times, trying to work out which combination caused the problem. We finally worked out it was a memory addressing error in the scripts used by the browser app itself that caused the error to occur when certain functions were used in a tab other than the tab where the user logged into the application. The application had been built before tabbed browsing was commonplace and this circumstance hadn't been taken into account.
If it can take an experienced programmer and level three support officer two days of work to identify an error and develop a workaround for something that obvious that was affecting all users, it wouldn't surprise me if it takes a month or two to work out why a VERY small number of people (compared to the total number of Watch Dogs users) are having a problem like this one.
To help out, please keep your support tickets updated with ANY information you feel might be relevant, even if it seems silly.[/QUOTE ]

GOOD NEWS! Guys I have finally played watch_Dogs yes BAD NEWS you need to reformat your pc because it works for me the only problem now is the sound I barely hear anything so can you help with this problem

oh if you also receive a text saying watch dogs stopped working, just open settings then disable in game overlay for supported games
here is the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75WKWVDIcc8 for the watch dogs stopped working problem.

so again guys you need to restart because it work totally fine when I format my laptop everything and installed windows 7 and yeh I can play a working game now hahaha

guest-ihwXkwF6
06-11-2014, 03:39 AM
GOOD NEWS! Guys I have finally played watch_Dogs yes BAD NEWS you need to reformat your pc because it works for me the only problem now is the sound I barely hear anything so can you help with this problem

oh if you also receive a text saying watch dogs stopped working, just open settings then disable in game overlay for supported games
here is the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75WKWVDIcc8 for the watch dogs stopped working problem.

so again guys you need to restart because it work totally fine when I format my laptop everything and installed windows 7 and yeh I can play a working game now hahaha

Yeah....no.

I am not reformatting my PC just to play this game. That's not identifying the problem; it's giving up and saying "screw it" let's just start everything over. No thanks.

LT.INSTG8R
06-11-2014, 04:32 AM
The Parental Control is in Steam it's part of Family Sharing. Has nothing to do with Uplay or the game. You need to look thru your Steam settings to disable it.

guest-ihwXkwF6
06-15-2014, 01:19 AM
The Parental Control is in Steam it's part of Family Sharing. Has nothing to do with Uplay or the game. You need to look thru your Steam settings to disable it.

That has nothing to do with it, I get the error and I don't run it through Steam; I bought the physical copy. I wish it were that simple.

dparmenter99
06-20-2014, 07:43 AM
Yeah....no.

I am not reformatting my PC just to play this game. That's not identifying the problem; it's giving up and saying "screw it" let's just start everything over. No thanks.

Gotta agree here, re-formatting is not a solution. And not worth the time to play a single game. I think it's time to start asking for a refund, but I'm not real hopeful on that front either.

LT.INSTG8R
06-20-2014, 09:33 AM
That has nothing to do with it, I get the error and I don't run it through Steam; I bought the physical copy. I wish it were that simple.

Well now that really IS a head scratcher. If it was on Steam the Parental Control is the obvious answer, but now I'm truly stumped. Uplay certainly has no such settings.

miphantom666
12-28-2014, 10:21 PM
Did anyone actually get this issue solved?

miphantom666
01-01-2015, 02:16 PM
I find it quite mind boggling that a thread with an issue posted over 6 months ago has not had some kind of official response to help users out. I raised a question/ticket 4 days ago and it has not had a single response. I know it must be a busy period and there are probably fewer staff working than normal but I still feel a bit let down by ubisoft. I received two ubisoft games this year for Christmas and neither launch at all. I have very very few issues with any big budget games nowadays, most bugs/issues are fairly minor. So two have two major games fail to work at all is a big suprise.

miphantom666
01-07-2015, 07:25 PM
Any chance someone can get back to my ticket I raised on this? Well over a week I submitted the question and not received one response.

rcole_sooner
01-07-2015, 07:30 PM
It has to be something in the Steam Family Sharing Control settings.

I've never messed with them, but that seems to be what most of the responses say to fix this type of message.

Maybe post your question to Steam support or even just on the Steam general forum.

miphantom666
01-07-2015, 10:09 PM
It has to be something in the Steam Family Sharing Control settings.

I've never messed with them, but that seems to be what most of the responses say to fix this type of message.

Maybe post your question to Steam support or even just on the Steam general forum.

Thanks for taking the time to respond I haven't got any settings on steam related to the family sharing. I dont use the feature at all. I play plenty of mature rated games on steam without issue. The error occurs after it launches from steam and Uplay starts up.

rcole_sooner
01-07-2015, 10:45 PM
It is still probably a Steam settings. The game is just starting after the Ubisoft client launches, and that is when the warning displays.

I don't happen to have this particular game in Steam, but I have plenty of others.

The Family settings are found via the View->Settings menu.

Here is a link to a quick how-to I found. Have not looked at it much, but it may help. It is how to enable, but could be used to figure out how to disable it.

http://www.howtogeek.com/179559/how-to-enable-family-options-aka-parental-controls-in-your-steam-client/

miphantom666
01-07-2015, 11:19 PM
Thanks I have book marked the page and will give it a proper look but even a quick glance says that the default setting is off (i.e no restriction of content). So I will be massively suprised if it is this setting that is causing the problem. I did notice someone else suggested it as a solution earlier in this thread but it didn't look like it was.....

rcole_sooner
01-07-2015, 11:37 PM
The other thing is just to uninstall and re-install Steam.

miphantom666
01-12-2015, 11:11 PM
I can confirm it is most certainly not an issue with the steam parental controls, I still firmly believe it is an application specific issue. This is supported by the users in this thread who have the same error on the version of the game which does not rely on steam...

miphantom666
01-26-2015, 10:58 PM
I found that the issue relates to the in-built windows parental control. I found however that I was unable to alter my parental control settings as the DLL file it used was corrupt. So I had to find a working wpc.dll and replace the old one. You may have to alter the ownership of the file before it will let you do anything.

The file needs to be placed in the system32 folder inside C:\windows\

After replacing the file you will have to register it.

So click the start and in the run bar type "regsvr32 wpc.dll" it will register it but you may still get an error. Despite the error I still managed to fix the issue I had with Watch_dogs and with Farcry 4.

Myxolidia
04-13-2017, 11:57 AM
Can a moderator tell this problem to Ubisoft! Then they will know how to fix it!

I thought it may be because i didn't got a licensed Windows. They recomanded Windows 7 (Service Pack 1)(SP1) .. I didn't got it ..

If you've got th Same problem tell us and can we know if you got an licensed Windows with the (SP1) in Windows settings!

I have service pack 1 though still blocked