PDA

View Full Version : Not enough disk space error.

ninja-usagi
05-27-2014, 12:50 PM
I'm trying to download the digital edition through Uplay.
I have two hd drives C:\ and E\: but can't download Watch dogs without a disk space error appearing just after Uplay tries
to download it.
Another user somewhere on this forum said they had a similar prob and so deleted and re-installed Uplay.
I tried that but still no luck.
Both my C: drive and E: have enough space as far as I know over 700gb on C:\ and around 180gb on E:\ (I download Uplay games to C:\ and install on E:\).

After re-installing Uplay, which had wiped my installation of AC IV, I tried re-installing that again just as a test. N:(o problem downloading again. I also tried re-downloading
some other games, again no prob. Its just Watch dogs.
What gives? Any ideas? Anyone?
:confused:

greyxael
05-27-2014, 01:16 PM
There is a thread like this over in Technical Support.
As you say, some people have gotten around the issue by reinstalling Uplay.
Others, like myself, have found this doesn't correct the issue.

It may be that, for whatever reason, our editions think we're in a different release timeframe and that's what the problem is, or it may be a coding bug not recognising our particular editions (I believe there was a similar problem with the AC4 season pass and certain game editions).

I, and I'm sure many others, have sent support tickets in so it appears all we can do (without additional technical know-how) is be patient.

ninja-usagi
05-27-2014, 02:00 PM
I just now somehow got it to start downloading.
I'm not exactly sure what helped but I started by following this REG edit advice for a similar prob with ACIV: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/814391-Download-quot-Not-enough-Space-quot-Workaround?p=9416188&viewfull=1#post9416188 (I followed the advice but deleted the reg folder for Watchdogs instead of AC IV)

The other things I did was to re-start Uplay, tried installing again, same error but I noticed that now next to the Download button for Watch dogs the uninstall button was there (hadn't appered while I had been getting error messages, I could only see the uninstall button after I re-started).
So I clicked the uninstall button, then went into the Uplay game launcher folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Watch_Dogs\uplay_download\274 and deleted anything that was there.

re-started Uplay, changed my install game location to the default C:\ location for installs even though I usually install to E:\ clicked download, next.. blah blah accept the terms etc and it started to download.

I'm not sure how much Watch dogs needs to download for the install but even if you double the 20 to 25gigs I've heard is needed for the PC install then I assumed I still had enough on my E:\ drive.
Perhaps not?
So for now, annoying as it is, I may have to play this using the C: as in installed location.

Strange how AC IV had no problem re-downloading with my E:\ drive still set as the installl location. I assume thats a pretty big download/install also

Hope this info helps some of you.

If any one gets the game to install to their preferred drive, lets me know!

UBI-Aeon
09-11-2016, 05:18 AM
I just had the exact same issue trying to install an update for R6S, solved the issue launching Uplay as administrator.

UbiFancy
10-22-2016, 10:22 PM
I just had the exact same issue trying to install an update for R6S, solved the issue launching Uplay as administrator.

Yes, launching as an administrator can sometimes help with issues like this. As a note for the future, please don't revive old threads :)

nunofernandes3
02-26-2017, 02:07 PM
I'm trying to download the digital edition through Uplay.
I have two hd drives C:\ and E\: but can't download Watch dogs without a disk space error appearing just after Uplay tries
to download it.
Another user somewhere on this forum said they had a similar prob and so deleted and re-installed Uplay.
I tried that but still no luck.
Both my C: drive and E: have enough space as far as I know over 700gb on C:\ and around 180gb on E:\ (I download Uplay games to C:\ and install on E:\).

After re-installing Uplay, which had wiped my installation of AC IV, I tried re-installing that again just as a test. N:(o problem downloading again. I also tried re-downloading
some other games, again no prob. Its just Watch dogs.
What gives? Any ideas? Anyone?
:confused:

I discovered this post a few days ago while trying to install ghost recon wildlands beta. I came do find that may hard drive file type was FAT32 witch does not accept files of higher dimensions. I formated my hard drive and changed the file type from FAT32 to NTFS witch allows to install heavy files like the beta for ghost recon wildlands. It solved my problem. I know it is 4 years later from the time you wrote this comment but just in case someone still has this problem, here's the solution I've found. Thank you.

TheHud85
04-15-2017, 07:41 PM
I discovered this post a few days ago while trying to install ghost recon wildlands beta. I came do find that may hard drive file type was FAT32 witch does not accept files of higher dimensions. I formated my hard drive and changed the file type from FAT32 to NTFS witch allows to install heavy files like the beta for ghost recon wildlands. It solved my problem. I know it is 4 years later from the time you wrote this comment but just in case someone still has this problem, here's the solution I've found. Thank you.

No, thank YOU. This just solved my issue and had you not posted for fear of making some random internet a-hole mad and having to deal with his whining about reviving an old post, I'd be still fighting this problem and not be able to fix it. Thanks again!