PDA

View Full Version : [PC] Extreme Motion Sickness With Watch_Dogs

DarkLight188
05-27-2014, 11:44 AM
I was really looking forward to playing Watch_Dogs, but it seems I cannot enjoy it for more than 5-10 minutes at a time. It gives me extreme motion sickness, more than any other game I've ever played. It brings me to the point where I feel like puking.

Whats the point of playing if it requires me to spend a couple hours feeling like hell in bed afterwards?

Seaclean
05-27-2014, 11:49 AM
What sections of the game makes you motion sick? Have you disabled motion blur? Have you been motion sick with any other game?

Grimmburr
05-28-2014, 04:42 PM
What sections of the game makes you motion sick? Have you disabled motion blur? Have you been motion sick with any other game?

just look for a place where you can see the horizon from left to right and start running. don't just walk, but RUN! the horizon then is going up on one side and down on the other - like a small boat in water with lots of waves. makes me dizzy quite fast.
it help not to run,
it helps to use cars, motorcycles etc.
but walking and running... really bad idea

regards

edited / added link: see also http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/881995-Motion-Sickness

LukeYauWai
05-29-2014, 04:24 PM
Yeah, me too, got me good when Aiden started running, puke straight away. This screen wobbling while Aiden running is totally unnecessary. Just FYI I totally don't have any motion sickness issue while playing Infamous 2nd Son and Metal Gear 5, which is similar to Watch_Dog.

Peek28
05-30-2014, 06:25 AM
I was really looking forward to playing Watch_Dogs, but it seems I cannot enjoy it for more than 5-10 minutes at a time. It gives me extreme motion sickness, more than any other game I've ever played. It brings me to the point where I feel like puking.

Whats the point of playing if it requires me to spend a couple hours feeling like hell in bed afterwards?

You are not alone. I get motion sickness too from playing this game. It's weird though that I am able to play Titanfall fine but I can't seem to play Watchdogs longer than 15 minutes before I feel like vomiting. There's also no FOV settings, other than the widescreenFOV setting in the xml file and it made no difference. A shame really.