PDA

View Full Version : [PC] Steam with preload and uplay don't

Northroot
05-26-2014, 05:46 PM
Hey guys, preload is now available on Steam but nothing appears on uplay for me.

Any chances of we get a preload on uplay today?

Mr.Chems
05-26-2014, 05:51 PM
Hey Northroot,

Uplay does not support pre-loading (yet).

Be4st187
05-26-2014, 05:57 PM
I doubt it. So many people have asked for this and we get nothing. I would have thought that dealing with Ubisoft themselves would have meant that we get it at 12am on the date of release, but no. Everyone else either gets pre-load, gets it delivered early via post, or pirates it. UPlay customers get it last which is sort of backwards. AU and NZ have it now, EU will get it tomorrow at 10am CET and US gets it a little after that from what I hear

Northroot
05-26-2014, 06:05 PM
I was going to buy it on Steam, but I changed my mind on the last minute and bought on uplay because I thought that if I buy directly with Ubisoft, I would be able to preload it and play on the release date.

Anyway, now I'm gonna have to wait until midnight to download the game, and maybe play it tomorrow night, if the servers don't overload. Next time, I'll buy on steam.

utakemamoney
05-26-2014, 06:21 PM
It's absolutely mind-boggling that you have absolutely zero advantages when you purchase directly from ubi. On the contrary, you are actually at a disadvantage buying from this site/uplay.

1. The price incl VAT is more expensive than other sites.
2. You get the game up to 3 days after people ordering from web sites (hard copies).
3. Customer service is very slow. If you have a technical issue and it's after 17:00 on a Friday you will not receive help until the following Monday.

I can only chime in to what others are saying, never again will I purchase something through uplay. I've been loyal to Steam so many years now, god knows why I ditched them this time around.