PDA

View Full Version : [PC] Sound but no Voice!

supermike876
05-26-2014, 05:38 PM
Sound but no Voice!

Hello,
i have Sound in the game but the People have no Voice.

Is there something i can do
Play with subtitles only is boring -.-

Please help!

THX

SlasheeTheCow
05-27-2014, 05:15 AM
Also having this problem - worked fine (well, voices worked fine, at least) for a while, then they stopped working. Can hear the voices of people on the street yelling at me, but not the voices I want to hear (i.e. stuff in missions).

killerdecoy-X-
05-27-2014, 06:22 AM
I've got the same issue too. Sound but no voices. Very disapointing to say the least

BigRedCominAtcha
05-27-2014, 09:50 AM
Im having the same problem. All sounds except story related voices. although it seems to occur with my headset only, I ran everything through my TV along with sound and the voices seem to work fine. i saw an 8 early fix guide to the game that mentioned sound problems and using 16 bit 4100mhz as a solution. which since my headset cannot be changed apparently. i was forced to switch to a TV.

PwQt
05-27-2014, 02:36 PM
The same, I can't hear the dialogues, only the background.

SlasheeTheCow
05-27-2014, 02:41 PM
I'm not sure exactly how I fixed it but after I rebooted into safe mode, used display driver uninstaller to completely get rid of my graphics drivers, made Windows boot again (wouldn't boot after I did that, not sure if strictly related) and reinstalled my graphics drivers, I was getting dialogue again.

Not sure whether what I did fixed it or whether it's just a coincedence (remember kids - correlation does not imply causation).

BlackwingIcey
05-28-2014, 04:13 AM
I have same issues, brand new computer, happens on speakers, most of the time works on front jack though headset. rarely wont work. using Port off ASUS motherboard both back and front.