PDA

View Full Version : [PC] No sound with Dolby Digital ?

dukus2k
05-24-2014, 05:27 PM
Hello,

In the menu i got music and sound, but if i start a new game there is no more sound...
I use a optical cable and i found out if i change in my windows soundoptions from Dolby Digital live 5.1 to 16bits 44100hz and i start a new game in watch dogs sound works fine.

Is there a fix coming in a few days? Or anyone know a fix for that issue that i can play in 5.1?

greetings :)

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
05-24-2014, 08:18 PM
Hi and welcome to the forums, I have reported this to the team. Please also open a ticket with Technical Support, the link is in my signature.

dukus2k
05-25-2014, 12:44 PM
Hey

thanks. i have open a ticket.

kahikusu
05-25-2014, 01:03 PM
I have the same problem here :(

Mr_Shade
05-25-2014, 04:18 PM
Hi Everyone,

Can you all please provide as much information as you can, as per the request in the pinned thread?

Country + Format: (eg. United States - PS4, disc)

Usernames & Gamertags: (PSN / XBL gamertag or Uplay ID)

Frequency: (How often is it mentioned. How often does it happen to you?)

Since when does it happen :(This helps identify if a patch or DLC is the source of the bug)

Describe what is the issue encountered: (Activation the game? / Problem launching the game? / Issue with a specific part of the game Mutliplayer? / But can you still access solo? )

Define the Flow of the error: (What did you do before this error occurred? / Written description / Ex: “When I launch from the desktop it crashes”. “I received this error message : Error xx6546” / Screen grab of the error if possible will also help!)

Anything else you think is useful:

I can then forward this information on - and when the support site is back, it maybe a good idea to repeat it directly to them - just update your existing tickets - don't make new ones, since that can slow things down!

Just in case they are quicker than myself in getting you an answer!

Beat_The_Best
05-26-2014, 10:57 PM
Hi Everyone,
Can you all please provide as much information as you can, as per the request in the pinned thread?

The netherlands, PC UPlay downloadable

williambrons

everytime i start the game. the menu gives sound, when i load a game its silent.

Since when does it happen :(This helps identify if a patch or DLC is the source of the bug)
beginning,

im using an external sound card, with DDL. trough SPDIFF with my Astro A40 headset, gonna test out if the sound works on the normal jacks.
my quess its the spdif or DDL.

Edit
With the normal 3,5 mm jack plugged in my laptop, i get sound on the place/time i didnt get sound trough the SPDIF. when im not using SPDIF i cant use DDL so i cant test its SPDIF or the DDL. but my quess is one of those.

ImGeekz
05-26-2014, 11:06 PM
As a temporary fix change your audio setting from 5.1 to Stereo! Hope this helps!

JimSifu
06-01-2014, 11:47 AM
Hello,

In the menu i got music and sound, but if i start a new game there is no more sound...
I use a optical cable and i found out if i change in my windows soundoptions from Dolby Digital live 5.1 to 16bits 44100hz and i start a new game in watch dogs sound works fine.

Is there a fix coming in a few days? Or anyone know a fix for that issue that i can play in 5.1?

Hi, the only way i found to play watchdogs in multi-channel is to plug hdmi from my 780gtx to Receiver, if you have a receiver that have hdmi in, try it ;)
by the way this is the ONLY 5.1 game on my PC thaht not work with my dolby digital live card, so hope for a patch soon, thanks UBI.

FITCamaro
06-02-2014, 12:50 PM
USA + PC, Amazon download

Uplay FITCamaro

Every time

Since 5/31/14 when I first tried to play it with Dolby Digital Live and my Astro Gaming A40

Describe what is the issue encountered: (Activation the game? / Problem launching the game? / Issue with a specific part of the game Mutliplayer? / But can you still access solo? )
No sound in game when sound card (Realtek ALC892) set to Dolby Digital Live output and using Astro Gaming A40 headset. Sound plays as game loads and in menus before loading into game.

Define the Flow of the error: (What did you do before this error occurred? / Written description / Ex: “When I launch from the desktop it crashes”. “I received this error message : Error xx6546” / Screen grab of the error if possible will also help!)
Launch game, press key, select "Continue", game loads with no sound

FITCamaro
06-02-2014, 01:04 PM
I guess this is the shirt the guys responsible for sound wear.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/f141/

AzaTera
06-03-2014, 12:31 PM
I am having the same problem on my PC....its very annoying because using regular stereo sound is horrible compared to DD Live. This is the only game I have this problem with. Took me 4 hours the first night I tried to play it trying to figure out why I had sound in the start menu, but not in game.

I have an EVGA GTX 680 GPU and an Asus Phoebus soundcard.

CORE-Cachaca
06-03-2014, 04:35 PM
USA + PC, Steam

Uplay cachaca1309

dependes, some time 30 min or 5 minutes or 2 minutes, does not have the sme frequency

since the second day after the release

No sound in game, i can play for a few minutes but after that game mute and only back if i quit to desktop..., a start the game..., using razer megalodon, ( already update with the last drive ) Only happen with watch dogs

after a few minutes playing the game does not apper any error message

its not a headset problem because i can play in all other games, and also already google a lot of player have the same issue with different headsets

dukus2k
06-12-2014, 10:18 AM
Hello,

are they any new information about a fix for dolby 5.1?
I´m waiting now for 2weeks and i don´t wanna play the game in stereo. :mad:

It sucks really! Bad that i can´t get my money back, becaus of this **** Uplay Accout...:mad: