PDA

View Full Version : Why does the editor use so many buttons? Why cant I just press x to restart a level?

Skedar84
05-21-2014, 01:26 AM
It is so complicated and I don't understand why. How does using every single button on the xbox one controller make it better? Why can't I just press A and move the stick around and make a selection that way? I also think I should be able to press X and retry without even pausing the game at all. I think a lot of people would have to agree less would be better while the current controls should be optional and not mandatory. I have a disability and obviously there are some things that can't be changed, but this is crazy.

BlastergamerX
05-21-2014, 04:40 AM
It is so complicated and I don't understand why. How does using every single button on the xbox one controller make it better? Why can't I just press A and move the stick around and make a selection that way? I also think I should be able to press X and retry without even pausing the game at all. I think a lot of people would have to agree less would be better while the current controls should be optional and not mandatory. I have a disability and obviously there are some things that can't be changed, but this is crazy.
I don't quite get the idea you are saying, but I think you are referring button mapping, right? We have asked this for RedLynx but it never happened. Well, most console games are like this, but I don't get why PC can and consoles not.

KungfuSandwich
05-21-2014, 08:31 AM
Yes! Button mapping on ALL games!

SparkierJoNESZ
05-21-2014, 09:15 AM
i personally use all buttons and all of the time and sometimes wish the controller even had more buttons

there is also a area selection tool that allows you to move an area with the sticks and select stuff within it, i don't use it very often because i don't find it very handy

there is a button dedicated to restarting tracks(back button on 360, no idea what its called on xbone)

sadly disabilities are a minority and even though it should be supported it isn't even less so on consoles, on pc its a bit better and 3rd party software can also fix some of these issues