PDA

View Full Version : [PS4] Fault not counted

Fexelein
04-23-2014, 03:25 PM
Hi all -

I had an interesting bug today, when riding on a level I crashed just on the edge of a checkpoint. I immediately pressed Back since it was the first checkpoint and I was thinking I would go back to the track start. However, I respawned nicely at the new checkpoint, without any fault counted.

I haven't been able to reproduce this problem but the conditions seem very specific. If anybody finds a way to exploit fault counting we will have a major issue. Another thing to note is that I tried to made a video of the replay but it kept faulting at the point I mentioned and restarting the track.

Hope this helps
Fex

Zzzlol94
04-23-2014, 05:30 PM
This was one of the first bugs found in the PC Beta (I was the first to report it). For some reason almost none of those bugs are fixed in the console versions, although they are in the PC Beta.

What happens is, there's a 2-3 frame window when you hit a checkpoint, you'll register that checkpoint, but you're teleported back to the previous checkpoint. When pressing O/B you'll be teleported to the checkpoint you barely hit. If you do this with the 1st checkpoint, you'll get teleported back to the start and reset the timer, then pressing O/B will get you to the 1st checkpoint, meaning you'll be ahead by many seconds.

But it must've been a rare occurrence if you got sent to the 1st checkpoint with no faults and possibly a reset timer, because for me, it has always reset to the start with a reset timer and to get to the 1st checkpoint I needed to do a reset once. I should mess around with it a bit more since it's a glitch that's in the full versions, maybe I am able to reproduce it and record it.

Fexelein
04-23-2014, 07:46 PM
This was one of the first bugs found in the PC Beta (I was the first to report it). For some reason almost none of those bugs are fixed in the console versions, although they are in the PC Beta.

What happens is, there's a 2-3 frame window when you hit a checkpoint, you'll register that checkpoint, but you're teleported back to the previous checkpoint. When pressing O/B you'll be teleported to the checkpoint you barely hit. If you do this with the 1st checkpoint, you'll get teleported back to the start and reset the timer, then pressing O/B will get you to the 1st checkpoint, meaning you'll be ahead by many seconds.

But it must've been a rare occurrence if you got sent to the 1st checkpoint with no faults and possibly a reset timer, because for me, it has always reset to the start with a reset timer and to get to the 1st checkpoint I needed to do a reset once. I should mess around with it a bit more since it's a glitch that's in the full versions, maybe I am able to reproduce it and record it.

Thanks for the intel. I am a developer myself and the way you describe it sounds very feasible. I have tried but wasn't able to reproduce, I'm curious to know if you did.
I'm really sure that I didn't get a restart but stayed at the 1st checkpoint. I am also fairly positive that the timer was reset.

Let me know if you are able to reproduce and video it, would be fun!

Zzzlol94
04-23-2014, 08:44 PM
Thanks for the intel. I am a developer myself and the way you describe it sounds very feasible. I have tried but wasn't able to reproduce, I'm curious to know if you did.
I'm really sure that I didn't get a restart but stayed at the 1st checkpoint. I am also fairly positive that the timer was reset.

Let me know if you are able to reproduce and video it, would be fun!
Wasn't able to reproduce it even after trying a bunch of times.
Only thing I would think of what happened is that it happened on a really specific time after hitting the checkpoint, which is just on the edge of the 2-3 frame window with also a really specific timing in the game after hitting the checkpoint, which is early enough to activate the glitch but late enough to spawn on the checkpoint. Must've been a '1 in a million shot' if it's even possible, because I've done it at least 250 times with no different result.