PDA

View Full Version : PS4 Fusion causing controller to freeze

GlengusKahn
04-19-2014, 08:38 AM
I had just bought this game yesterday through the store and after playing the first race/course the controller started acting up, as if the r2 button was being permanently pressed.
I could not navigate the menus or do anything. The only button that would work was the PS button to take me back to the Playstation main screen, but even then my controller would remain locked and was unable to use the sticks or any buttons at all.
My first thought was the controller had developed a fault, but seeing as, although i've had the ps4 since launch I've probably played no more than 30 hours on it since having it, I knew it couldn't be due to wear and tear, but i searched online for some similar faults and found out that it has a nice little reset button on the bottom and followed the steps to reset the controller.
After this I fired up the game again, this time on the next level, noticing I need to use the left stick a lot more on this level and realising it wasn't responding to well, if at all, I managed to finish the level, to again be presented with the inability to use the controller.
After another hard reset of the PS4 i decided to try other games. Not one single issue! My son played battlefield for a good hour or more last night and had no problems, I've played a little assassins creed and Infamous also this morning and no problems at all. I decided to give fusion another try and from the first screen when it asks to press X to continue, it was very slow to respond, I started the next race available and as soon as I'd had my first crash and reset to previous checkpoint the left stick wouldn't respond, so unable to lean. Somehow I had managed to finish, to yet again be presented with a non responsive controller. So again after switching off the ps4 and trying other games to find it working perfectly, I've come to the conclusion that there is something wrong with Fusion, making it unplayable for me.
Please somebody tell me if they have experienced this or similar bug and have found a fix of some kind? As I can not find any other case of this on the forums and I am positive it has nothing to do with my hardware.
Thanks in advance for any response :)

Barrybarfly
04-19-2014, 11:54 AM
Hi there,

I'm also on PS4 as are some of my friends and I've not heard anyone say anything about this issue and I've had no problems myself. Unfortunately, as thats the case I really dont have any advice for you or a quick fix, sorry. The only thing I can suggest is that you submit a report ticket to support and they will look into any issues. https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/

I would probably recommend contacting Sony as well in case this is something they have had reported for any other instances and is a fault they are aware of.