PDA

View Full Version : Xbox One "Day One Patch" Explanation

gator26716
04-19-2014, 03:54 AM
Hey there,

So i am pretty dissapointed that there is NO reliable consistant documentation on how this supposed "Day one patch" is actually donwloaded and applied. I have Xbox One and usually the system tells me that an update is available and has to be downloaded... I get that, and after searching here I find some answers like "it might download automatically" or maybe you can check to see if the menu says tournement or not... its insane! I have tried to uninstall and clear cache, and soft reset, hard reset unplug and leave unplugged for a while, you name it Ive tried to get the xbox to check if the "update" is available

Ill break it down simply for all.... im sure others have this same exact question, but I have yet to find it on the web..

How is the update downloaded/implemented?
How can we tell if the update has been installed?

If there are not answers to those basic questions then you guys are starting off on the wrong foot.

This patch is supposed to address the screen resolution which is nice but how can I tell if its applied or not. I bought and downloaded the game on my X1 in case that will help answer this. Please help me understand this debacle.

MIike

RoguishRonin
04-19-2014, 05:06 PM
Updates on Xbox One should work the same way as on Xbox 360. They should be automatically applied.

You can tell that the Day One Update has been applied if you see the word "Pyrosequencing" in the menus.

Mr_Shade
04-19-2014, 05:50 PM
Just my input as a fellow Xbox One owner.

Patches, if released at the time of purchase /download install [this patch was available at release] - are normally downloaded and installed before the game is fully installed from disc / download , so - if you have the above menu, you might not have noticed it being installed.

If they release after, you get a notification - so in this case, it's highly likely you have installed the day one patch, as part of your initial install /download.

gator26716
04-19-2014, 10:17 PM
Ok thanks for that. So it automatically installs when I download the game... Good to know.. Surprising how hard that was to find out.. I can assume all day but good to hear you guys.

I appreciate what you guys do.. you get to play watchdogs at all??

Mr_Shade
04-20-2014, 05:57 PM
Ok thanks for that. So it automatically installs when I download the game... Good to know.. Surprising how hard that was to find out.. I can assume all day but good to hear you guys.

I appreciate what you guys do.. you get to play watchdogs at all??

I only found out, after reading up on why installs take so long from disc - compared to the PS4.

The Xbox One, downloads and installs any available updates - before installing from disc, and it's the same with downloads.

I can't talk about Watch_Dogs really - apart from I have seen it in the 'flesh' ;)