PDA

View Full Version : The Fatal Error - 0x004e33f6

roadrunnerWAN
09-01-2004, 07:25 PM
I know what your going to say try APCOMPAT, it worked for me it should work for you. The answer is no it does not. I tried not only application combatibility but also imagecfg. I even tried hacked versions. Because I bought the game and now I can't play it. This irritates me to no end. I have read all the forums old and new on this subject and conclude that its my 3.0 GHz P4 with HT that is causing the problem. I guess there is a problem with S4 and 2 logical processors that end up causing a divide by zero error.

Fact: I had the original version working on my old 1.7 GHz P4 w/o HT. It also worked on my laptop which was a 1.2GHz P4 Centrino. I can get it working on this computer if I never update the game in anyway. Meaning straight install from the original CD no patch 1516 and no hacked copies, but as soon as I install the patch I get a nice big fat error!

Truth: I love Settlers 4, I think it was extremely well done and well made, Blizzard only wishes they could do this type of work. I hate not having the latest patch. I mean I am sure you all remember the old problems, and why the patch is almost a necessity to play the game.

All my computers that I have stated above run Windows 2000. I never had a combatability problem with my Laptop or my old P4 computer. I go to GaTech so I know wtf I am doing. Please someone tell me a way to get it working with HT or how I can run an Application like S4 so the game thinks I only have one logical processor. Keep in mind I already tried to run imagecfg -a 0x1 on both S4 and \Exe\S4_main which means it should tell the application to only use CPU processor 0. If you have no clue but know a number to talk to ubisoft that would also be appreciated.

roadrunnerWAN
09-01-2004, 07:25 PM
I know what your going to say try APCOMPAT, it worked for me it should work for you. The answer is no it does not. I tried not only application combatibility but also imagecfg. I even tried hacked versions. Because I bought the game and now I can't play it. This irritates me to no end. I have read all the forums old and new on this subject and conclude that its my 3.0 GHz P4 with HT that is causing the problem. I guess there is a problem with S4 and 2 logical processors that end up causing a divide by zero error.

Fact: I had the original version working on my old 1.7 GHz P4 w/o HT. It also worked on my laptop which was a 1.2GHz P4 Centrino. I can get it working on this computer if I never update the game in anyway. Meaning straight install from the original CD no patch 1516 and no hacked copies, but as soon as I install the patch I get a nice big fat error!

Truth: I love Settlers 4, I think it was extremely well done and well made, Blizzard only wishes they could do this type of work. I hate not having the latest patch. I mean I am sure you all remember the old problems, and why the patch is almost a necessity to play the game.

All my computers that I have stated above run Windows 2000. I never had a combatability problem with my Laptop or my old P4 computer. I go to GaTech so I know wtf I am doing. Please someone tell me a way to get it working with HT or how I can run an Application like S4 so the game thinks I only have one logical processor. Keep in mind I already tried to run imagecfg -a 0x1 on both S4 and \Exe\S4_main which means it should tell the application to only use CPU processor 0. If you have no clue but know a number to talk to ubisoft that would also be appreciated.

pennyuk
09-01-2004, 07:52 PM
Interesting. Today i had a guy in BBGC who was using xp pro,he got the FE which points to compatibilty problems,he changed this and came back and said all was fine.However he decided to download the latest update,and lo and behold he now keeps getting the FE back again.I have never come across this problem before,I advice ppl to change the compatability and the game has always worked.

I cant offer you a number for BB,all I can suggest is you mail them and ask for some technical advice,in all honesty I dont know what tech help there is available.All you can do is try it and see.The email address you need is siedler@ubisoft.de

Hope this helps.

http://www.btinternet.com/~damian.gonzalez/ClipArt/pennyUK.gif

andrewdodd13
09-02-2004, 11:14 AM
you could just disable HT in the bios, couldnt you?

Damian_
09-02-2004, 01:32 PM
yes andrew, and also he coul buy a new computer and dedicate it for the sole purpose of playing S4, but that wouldunt solve the problem , would it??

i personaly would forget it S4 is getting old an a new game is coming out soon, enjoy the game on your laptop, or whatever and keep your new machine shishape for S5..

and above all have fun

http://www.btinternet.com/~damian.gonzalez/simbol.gif

roadrunnerWAN
09-04-2004, 11:54 PM
Andrew a good question, and I am actually trying that with no luck and the same results almost perfectly. I have disabled HT for the time being for multiple reasons across the board. One being I am still running Windows 2000. Now if I remember correct ly this app was suppose to work with 2000 easily. However that does not seem to be the case and I been trying APCOMPAT.exe, but whenever I try to run S4 as a Windows 98 combatiablity I get a MSVCRT.DLL for Win 32 Error: MSVCRT.DLL is not compatible with Win32s. Any ideas on that one?

P.S. I appreciate your help Penny

Michael

andrewdodd13
09-05-2004, 08:58 AM
errm sounds to me like a corrupted or incompatible DLL file...
MSVCRT.dll is the visual c runtime library, which is used by s4 as it looks to have been compiled in that language. usually programs that have bad installers that need this file overwrite it, one example being the package and deployment wizard...
there are a number of MS KB articles about replacing dll files with wrong versions, what i suggest would be to find the win 2k cd, look in the i386 folder for
MSVCRT.dl_ and move it to c:\win(nt/dows)\system32 but called it MSVCRT.dll (rename it somewhere else, i dont think w2k will let you delete it, only replace it).

also, the problem with HT is only limited to P4's. i had 2 proper processors in my old pc (till it melted :S) and S4 ran fine. i think its to do with the fact that HT lies to the OS, time to look out for the Dual-Core AMD's next year, thats like having 2 processors for those who dont know...

GuileXX
12-03-2004, 09:00 AM
I dont know alot about S4 problems and you probably know about the siv_dll_fix.exe that cn maybe correct that.
I didnt have problems with dll files becuase i run on XP with Sp2 and i tried runnin sivdllfix.exe and it said that no update necessary and you are running 2000 so maybe the siv_dll_fix.exe will work I dont know but its worth the try

pennyuk
12-03-2004, 09:15 AM
The dll fix you refer to is only used when the update has been installed and s4 still gives an error that its unable to enumerate the maps.Its not a fix to any fatal errors,just that specific one.

Damian_
12-03-2004, 01:59 PM
i dont know if this will be of any help for this case,but just in ase

recently i was updating and upgrading drivers and stuff..as you do...
anyway i come across the nvidia site and downloaded the new drivers for the G2 series..the thing is that if i install this new drive everythingelse works and looks fine, but the seccond i try to play S4 the computer crasses...taking the driver off and reinstaling the old one makes puts things back to normal, now i can play S$ againg...repited the situation a few times trying different apraches and in every case the same thing happened...
so conclusion the last drive is ither to good or totaly incompatible with S4, why ? i dont know, all i know is that it dosent work with my card or maybe is with my game(dont forget that everything else works, including the owfull demo)
the meaning of all this?
well mate you have a super new all flasing machine and also you have an old , buggy game..try rolling back some drivers( audio and video) and see if it works

stevo1963
12-21-2004, 05:03 PM
HI
Im in the same position ,just built this comp with p4 ht and all the goodies to make it a great gaming system to find it wont run my fave game,at least i understand why now thnx to this forum.Now will have to run an even older system to play s4 as have canibalised previous one to build this bloody thing.ta all http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

Eldorado_108
03-14-2005, 03:47 PM
Are you running home xp of pro xpAndrew
if u r go to your settlers exe click propertys
in tag at to[ of window that will open campatibily tab and change it to Win98/win me
tell me if it works for u

ghvi
04-07-2005, 06:19 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif I had a similar problem.
"S4_Main.exe - Fatal error: Exception xc0000094 at 0x004bec56!". I did what you suggested earlier, and now IT WORKS!!!
Thnx ! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Happy Settler

lil_comp_wiz
08-28-2006, 05:41 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif thank u for your help on the error 0xc0000094 0x004e19a6 S4_Mian.exe-Fatal error if u change compatabily mode to win98/win me it works like a charm http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif