PDA

View Full Version : Help wanted...

GCutti
04-16-2004, 09:33 AM
Hey guys, I went through POR once already.. had no problema with Pelendreelar.. anyway, I'm on my second journey and I've encountered a bug or problem.. I'm in the First Cellar of the Catacombs and got to area#14 (using walkthrough) where Tudo and Nottle are supposed to be.. they weren't there and then a few minutes later, the game crashed.. I haven't had any problems going through the whole game before this and I don't recall this happening the first time I went through.. can anyone help? I do have some backed up saved games.. I'm just wondering if anyone else encountered this one or heard of this bug, and is there anyway around it? Thanks!

GCutti
04-16-2004, 09:33 AM
Hey guys, I went through POR once already.. had no problema with Pelendreelar.. anyway, I'm on my second journey and I've encountered a bug or problem.. I'm in the First Cellar of the Catacombs and got to area#14 (using walkthrough) where Tudo and Nottle are supposed to be.. they weren't there and then a few minutes later, the game crashed.. I haven't had any problems going through the whole game before this and I don't recall this happening the first time I went through.. can anyone help? I do have some backed up saved games.. I'm just wondering if anyone else encountered this one or heard of this bug, and is there anyway around it? Thanks!

Nighthawk_10
04-16-2004, 05:21 PM
Try defragmenting your computer.

MDS_Geist
04-17-2004, 07:14 PM
From the information you provided it could be anything. Try turning off sound and hardware acceleration to see if it still crashes.

The Right to command is bought with Duty, the Privilege of rank is Service.

GCutti
04-19-2004, 08:07 AM
I did defrag my computer, and now I've tried going back and loading up my old saved games. Every time I get to Area#14, Nottle and Tudo still are not there. I'm not sure exactly where they are supposed to be, but it seems to be a bug. I've turned off all of my sound and I can play through the area, but still no Tudo and Nottle. What the heck?

MDS_Geist
04-19-2004, 11:46 AM
If they're not there, then they are not there. See if they are by Nottle's wagon. You did free Nottle from the Cult already did you not?

GCutti
04-20-2004, 12:28 PM
Yeah, I did free him from the Cult awhile ago and he has been back at the wagon. I haven't checked since, but I suppose I should to see if they are there. I just don't want to keep playing forward and then have it crash all of a sudden. Dang.. despite the crashes, this game rocks. I still use characters from the original POR and the sequels.

MDS_Geist
04-20-2004, 01:59 PM
Nottle and Tudo not being there shouldn't cause a crash. IIRC, there are actually a couple of places that they can be, and some of them only trigger if you have already seen Tudo in another location.

Just to be safe, remember to make a back up of your savedgames (in a different folder) and never save near persistent graphics.

Rozand
04-21-2004, 11:37 AM
You can try keeping saving your characters and saves in another folder then uninstall the game reinstall it and apply the patches needed then add you files back in.

There was one area in the dwarven dungeons that caused me lockups, but it was because I went in a specific direction as it was trying to trigger another battle with opponents in a room that could not reach since the door was not on screen. I approached from the other side and everything went smooth.

If all else fails outrun the halfling. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Nighthawk_10
04-24-2004, 06:28 PM
I had that same prob in the dead room.