PDA

View Full Version : Blank screen of death

XyZspineZyX
01-24-2004, 12:38 AM
Well when I start up the demo, the menu works fine and I can see the guy in the options tab but when I load up the demo level I can only see a blank blue screen and the HUD, that's pretty annoying, I wanted to play this game for months...

I've got those specs:
P4 2.4Ghz
512MB DDR
GeForce FX 5900 128MB, Forceware 5303
SB Live

Can't see why it doesn't work...

XyZspineZyX
01-24-2004, 12:38 AM
Well when I start up the demo, the menu works fine and I can see the guy in the options tab but when I load up the demo level I can only see a blank blue screen and the HUD, that's pretty annoying, I wanted to play this game for months...

I've got those specs:
P4 2.4Ghz
512MB DDR
GeForce FX 5900 128MB, Forceware 5303
SB Live

Can't see why it doesn't work...

XyZspineZyX
01-24-2004, 12:42 AM
Its probably that 'Fog emulation' is turned off in you vid card settings. Next time search forum first plz.

XyZspineZyX
01-24-2004, 12:55 AM
I got the same thing as you with a nVidia 5950 Ultra. I did alot of testing and found what works.
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?s=c12c97b2d0d8f3dfa8e232f09e39f9b4&threadid=717676&perpage=20&pagenumber=6 Scroll down to the post by Sparky.
Goto C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Crytek\Far Cry Demo and look for the file "systemcfg.lua. Open it with notepad and look for the entry "r_driver = "Direct3d". Now delete the direct3d and type in OpenGL. r_driver = "OpenGL" is what it should look like. Open the game and go to video options and click on LOW to set everything to low and it should work now. I dont knowwhy but it does for me.
Victor_chl wrote:
- Well when I start up the demo, the menu works fine
- and I can see the guy in the options tab but when I
- load up the demo level I can only see a blank blue
- screen and the HUD, that's pretty annoying, I wanted
- to play this game for months...
-
- I've got those specs:
- P4 2.4Ghz
- 512MB DDR
- GeForce FX 5900 128MB, Forceware 5303
- SB Live
-
- Can't see why it doesn't work...
-
-

XyZspineZyX
01-24-2004, 01:00 AM
That has nothing to do with it. Mine is enabled and I still have the same thing so unless you are having the same problem stfo. Use the SEARCH if you dont know what stfo means.

paulheuts wrote:
- Its probably that 'Fog emulation' is turned off in
- you vid card settings. Next time search forum first
- plz.
-
-