PDA

View Full Version : Gun animations are all wrong....

PresidentSkroob
03-29-2004, 11:57 PM
Well im not talking about the guns themselvs im talking about the hammers, take falcon for example, the hammer isnt coked back, on a real gun the hammer would be cocked back u would pull the trigger and and the hammer would go fword and hit the firing pinn, on the mp5 the charging handle would be not in the front it would be back and every time u shot it, it would move foword, but if u run the gun out of ammo the handle would be in the front so u would reload and charge the handle (like a piant ball gun). there is also no need to uncock the slide on the gun every time u reload becuase if yu reload in the middle of a clip then theres already a round in the chamber thers no need to **** the slide, but if u ran the gun out than u reload and **** the slide. Anyone who has played call of duty knows what im talking about, U ONLY NEED TO CHARGE THE HANDLE/SLIDE IF THE GUN IS COMPLETLY OUT OF AMMO!, now i think this would be a good relism mod, i dont have the game yet, and i know a little scripting, so if any one wants to work on this be my guest..... also remember thet self loading weapons dont aply take the walther p-38 for ex. wen u insert a new round u dont need to pull the slide u just need to pull the trigger. yes this is kinda confusing but it would be really cool, if u dont know what im talking about whach the slides and charging handles in call of duty.

PresidentSkroob
03-29-2004, 11:57 PM
Well im not talking about the guns themselvs im talking about the hammers, take falcon for example, the hammer isnt coked back, on a real gun the hammer would be cocked back u would pull the trigger and and the hammer would go fword and hit the firing pinn, on the mp5 the charging handle would be not in the front it would be back and every time u shot it, it would move foword, but if u run the gun out of ammo the handle would be in the front so u would reload and charge the handle (like a piant ball gun). there is also no need to uncock the slide on the gun every time u reload becuase if yu reload in the middle of a clip then theres already a round in the chamber thers no need to **** the slide, but if u ran the gun out than u reload and **** the slide. Anyone who has played call of duty knows what im talking about, U ONLY NEED TO CHARGE THE HANDLE/SLIDE IF THE GUN IS COMPLETLY OUT OF AMMO!, now i think this would be a good relism mod, i dont have the game yet, and i know a little scripting, so if any one wants to work on this be my guest..... also remember thet self loading weapons dont aply take the walther p-38 for ex. wen u insert a new round u dont need to pull the slide u just need to pull the trigger. yes this is kinda confusing but it would be really cool, if u dont know what im talking about whach the slides and charging handles in call of duty.

xardy
03-30-2004, 03:11 AM
i don't think many people care about the animations , if they look good its ok.

http://www.zigma-base.com/forums/templates/subBlack3dBlue/images/logo.gif
www.zigma-base.com (http://www.zigma-base.com)

Sidrat2004
03-30-2004, 04:51 AM
Yeah there's realism, then there's resource crippling realism.

Give me iron-sights for a more realistic style of play, give me lushious maps to spill blood on. But as for the gun animations, what's there is fine. Imagine having to reload a pistol from empty every time. It would take ages, you'd be dead before the clip fell to the ground.

PresidentSkroob
03-30-2004, 07:40 AM
Acualy the gun animations would be the same if u ran the gun out of ammo but if u reloaded in the middle of a clip that the reloading would be faster, has any one here played cod???

ps i like the iron sites idea, when i get the game ill work on it.

n-v-me6
03-30-2004, 08:24 AM
the p90 ejects the brass incorrectly. it's supposed to come out of the bottom of the gun. as for the mp5 charging handle, it isnt supposed to move when firing.

pneumaticmind
03-30-2004, 02:44 PM
just pretent the falcon is a double action. then the hammer doesnt have to be cocked back to fire. yeah double action, thats it. I have to sa ythough, its really funny to see people compare the realism of a game not to real life experience but to other games. lifes funny sometimes.

n-v-me6
03-30-2004, 03:29 PM
a lot of developers these days are doing some crazy stuff with the weapons. battlefield vietnam has most of the gun models backwards (they're all left handed guns that eject to the left), the cocking handel on the m4/m16 variations also get's a lot of play even though the gun holds the bolt open on the last shot. ejection patterns like i mentioned above and even reported on in the beta for the p90

PresidentSkroob
03-30-2004, 04:18 PM
the handle on the mp doesnt move? thot soo becuase lots of guns have that but the ive seen the desert eagal being fired when he shot it the hammer was back. but still unless u run the clip all the way out there isnt a need to charge the hanldle when reloading.