PDA

View Full Version : Hmm something wrong with body

XyZspineZyX
01-29-2004, 05:24 AM
hi guys i think the demo is great but there are still some problems i want to share. For example if you use the knife to cut ppl put have you notice their body does not spill out blood at all? where the other parts just spill out lots? hehe. And i think ubisoft should make bullet holes in the enemy's body where we shoot them thats kinda cool. Also for the physic engine i have tested out the rocket luancher and blowing up plenty of ppl. I think the blowing up does not look real engouh i think they should either blow apart (LOL) or fly really high and splat with lots of blood for real /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif when you shoot them with luancher they don't have bloood....>_<

and fix the ppl floating of the water it looks weird they just lay there.. make them sink or something.

ok thats all

XyZspineZyX
01-29-2004, 05:24 AM
hi guys i think the demo is great but there are still some problems i want to share. For example if you use the knife to cut ppl put have you notice their body does not spill out blood at all? where the other parts just spill out lots? hehe. And i think ubisoft should make bullet holes in the enemy's body where we shoot them thats kinda cool. Also for the physic engine i have tested out the rocket luancher and blowing up plenty of ppl. I think the blowing up does not look real engouh i think they should either blow apart (LOL) or fly really high and splat with lots of blood for real /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif when you shoot them with luancher they don't have bloood....>_<

and fix the ppl floating of the water it looks weird they just lay there.. make them sink or something.

ok thats all

XyZspineZyX
01-29-2004, 07:23 AM
redmoon602004 wrote:
- I think the blowing up does not look real engouh i
- think they should either blow apart (LOL) or fly
- really high and splat with lots of blood for real
- when you shoot them with luancher they don't have
- bloood....

Obviously by complaining the effects aren't "real enough" you have some experience with blowing people up.

Dude - that's just wrong. Might be fun. But still terribly terribly wrong.

Cheers, smug

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.

XyZspineZyX
01-29-2004, 08:17 AM
I agree with you 100% redmoon. Raven Software utilized an amazing dismemberment system with the Soldier of Fortune series; I don't know why other developers haven't taken a cue from them. I can't think of a game that's come out besides the SOF series that implements dismemberment as thoroughly as that. And by dismemberment I do NOT mean crappy gibs that reduce the body to less than a 1/3 of what it originally was in size. SOF II was sic for sure; you could blow away the lower half of someone's head or chop off each limb one by one. I think other developers may not want to use a system like this because they may believe it's more of a 'hey look, we have gore!' type scenario rather than something acting towards core gameplay elements.

XyZspineZyX
01-29-2004, 08:32 AM
Some developers/publishers have their own standards. some just don't wish to release games with such gore, and there's many reasons for it.

I can tell you now, Ubi-Soft is one of them, so forget it.

<hr>You don't know me, I don't Know you,
So don't approch me, I won't approch you,
And don't insult me, I won't insult you,
Because you don't know what I will and won't do.

XyZspineZyX
01-29-2004, 08:42 AM
Yep, Raven had a code you could enter in Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast where you could enable light sabre dismemberment. I still remember opening a door with 10 storm troopers inside and doing a sabre throw, the thing cut through them like a buzz saw! I think they called the their engine the Ghoul II.

XyZspineZyX
01-29-2004, 08:48 AM
Ghoul II, yeah, was trying to remember the name for it. I enjoyed that in JK II immensely. There was a great custom map for that game called 'Ladder' which would send wave after wave of Reborn at you to the tune of "Smack my Bi@ch Up" by Prodigy. That was some good fun with dismemberment enabled.

Old_Number7 wrote:
- Yep, Raven had a code you could enter in Jedi Knight
- II: Jedi Outcast where you could enable light sabre
- dismemberment. I still remember opening a door with
- 10 storm troopers inside and doing a sabre throw,
- the thing cut through them like a buzz saw! I think
- they called the their engine the Ghoul II.
-
-

XyZspineZyX
01-29-2004, 10:02 AM
come on guys
UbiSoft is -=publisher=-
Crytek is -=developer=-
if you really like the game so much you have to know who developer is http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

XyZspineZyX
01-29-2004, 08:19 PM
I disagree with the concept of adding SoF-like dismemberment to Far Cry. The game is obviously going for a less gritty feel, putting emphasis on beautiful environments and impressive screenshots. The bullet wounds on bodies is great, and I feel it's been needed in games for a long time, but I don't think the violence has to go over the top.

I hope some others are with me when I say that as games advance, violence need not become more graphic. Sure it's fine if some devs like Raven want to push the limits and make a really gory game, but that's not what makes a GOOD game. I'm sure most everyone here realizes that SoF was made popular by its bloody effects and not much else. If it hadn't been for damage zones and dismemberment, the shi++y level design and bad pacing would have sunk it.

Recent games like BF1942 that are totally bloodless are among the best ever, and don't require violence to up their popularity.

---

Don't get me wrong, Fallout 2 is one of my all-time favorite games, and it featured for a long time what was the most violent gameplay in any game (though it was 2D, is actually more gory than SoF or SoF2). I'm all for game violence if it's presented tastefully and appropriately. My beef with SoF is that it *relied* on the gore to get public notice and reviews. As far as FC is concerned, the violence is just right, and it has a good shot at being a classic without excessive gore.

-UnmarkedOne