PDA

View Full Version : How do i Re PAK the level.pak files

Natace
02-11-2004, 11:36 PM
I have edited the files in level.pak but i cant repak the files, to get it to work, if someone could please tell me how to do it i would be very greatfull.
Oh i have these specs, and the game runs nearly everything up at top details aside from AA, AF and them other things, it runs at 1024x768, and runs very very fast suprisingly, but now i just want to know how to get cool water effects and the jeep and shark.

Natace
02-11-2004, 11:36 PM
I have edited the files in level.pak but i cant repak the files, to get it to work, if someone could please tell me how to do it i would be very greatfull.
Oh i have these specs, and the game runs nearly everything up at top details aside from AA, AF and them other things, it runs at 1024x768, and runs very very fast suprisingly, but now i just want to know how to get cool water effects and the jeep and shark.

redtelephone
02-12-2004, 12:41 PM
You must create a new zip archive of the original level.pak.

Easiest way is to drag complete contents of the levels.pak file over to a new zip archive (complete with sub-folders). Then drag the 3 updated .xml files into that archive. Then save it as level.zip. Then move it back into your /Fort directory, then rename it levels.pak.

Note, winzip evaluation didn't add the sub-folders, it just put all the files from them in the levels.zip file. I have the full version of Stuffit, which I only had to drag and drop the files in to create the archive, much better than winzip.

Natace
02-12-2004, 07:45 PM
Thanks for the help, i will try it when i get home(im at school now).
If i need anymore info, i will let u know, i hope it works.
Do you know if it works with WinRAR or WinACE?
Cuz thats what i got, usually my zip files are opened with WinACE.
Thanx

Natace
02-13-2004, 12:36 AM
umm yeah..... http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/blink.gif

I dont really know what to do still(i feel real stupid).
Umm can you possibly send an email to me on
anzacbub@hotmail.com
or on the page, whatever.
If you can do that in this sought of format:

1. unpak the file
2. goto whatever file and edit
3. After editing files do this
4. this
5. this
6. this
you get the picture, that way it would be alot easier and understandable to do, cuz last time i unpaked the files and all the game didnt work, so i had to reinstall. So either send email(this is for anyone with info)
or just post it here.
Just a Note:
These forums are alot better than the other forums becuz everyone is helping ppl with problems and stuff and i think all the ppl who help contribute to the help make these forums worth while.
Good job guys and well done. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif