PDA

View Full Version : Is Houston in The Crew?

danthi66
01-15-2014, 11:17 PM
Based on the map, Houston unnamed and is left as a plain. WHY!? I live in Houston and I would really love to see Houston in The Crew! I wouldn't care for another delay or a delay into 2015, I just want to have a game located in my homecity!

Bcoder
01-20-2014, 01:14 AM
Yeah I was surprised that Boston wasn't included. It's a disappointment they left out some of the big american cities.

thelin12
01-30-2014, 12:45 AM
I hope there is a New England DLC with Boston and parts of Maine. The different seasons look so different and affect driving conditions as well.

OldRoute66
05-14-2014, 07:08 PM
There are quite a few large cities left out of the map. I'd guess it comes down to budget and time constraints. They also probably wanted to include cities that kept the map varied and interesting while still being fun.

I'd love to see Houston included myself. I love the area around the Kemah Boardwalk and the Space Center. The city I'd most like to see is the Tampa/St. Pete area, but with Miami already in the game I don't really think it'd really be necessary. It'd be too similar (for the game world) and would probably not be worth the extra effort for the devs.

Here's a list of the major cities in the US based off of population.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Metropolitan_Statistical_Areas

The devs really have put quite a few of the very large cities in the game! Some cities in game are not to scale versus other cities like Dallas and Vegas. I was initially upset by it, but let's be honest, Vegas is much more interesting to drive through :) I'm super excited and I think Ivory Tower really has come up with the best and most fun map they can for a realistic business venture.

DT-MadManCK
05-19-2014, 10:38 AM
The devs really have put quite a few of the very large cities in the game! Some cities in game are not to scale versus other cities like Dallas and Vegas. I was initially upset by it, but let's be honest, Vegas is much more interesting to drive through :) I'm super excited and I think Ivory Tower really has come up with the best and most fun map they can for a realistic business venture.

I think they did a great job too. They have sent different dev teams to numerous cities in the US to take pictures and make video recordings. The Devs also used (google) maps and other resources to come up with some real exciting maps to play on.

No matter how big or complex you will make the map, there will always be people complaining about what is not on it, lol.

This map is huge. Just enjoy it :D

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
05-19-2014, 06:59 PM
Even though the map doesn't include every city, we made sure to create a recognizable representation of the United States, with major cities, small towns, and all the different landscapes you can find in between.

mmmarlin
05-21-2014, 02:56 AM
Well, if they included EVERY city people have been requesting then it would be city on top of city. You also have to consider thatThe Crews map is less than 1% the size of the real US so they are limited on space. And also, what would Houston add when it comes to variety? San Francisco would have the Golden Gate Bridge, St. Louis would have the arch to the western world, and NYC, time square and the many other landmarks it has. What does Houston have? :) Hope this helps!

Ryzza5
06-13-2014, 04:09 AM
I think they've objectively got the balance right. I'd rather have a few large cities in with lots of space in between rather than having to make either the cities or space between smaller just to fit more cities in.

gameleper
10-05-2014, 07:20 PM
i was thinking some major cities they left out, so maybe overtime they could add some in expansion packs. i would like to see houston, such a big city and fun place to drive, also they left out colorado i would like to see denver and rockies in the map. but as people said it would take a long time to add every major city and data constraints. but im surprised they left out some important cities. but thats ok, there are still lots of places to explore x)

MaXiiczek
10-05-2014, 08:49 PM
you should think about it... they cant add those cities, because they should be on places which are already used in the game, they would need to remove something to create a free space or rework a map to add additional space between cities which are already in game... i wouldnt count with it... its rather they will add parts which arent already in game... mexico, canada etc... but who knows, right? :)

st4tic88
10-10-2014, 08:30 PM
Personally, I Donīt wan to see "The Crew 2"in the end of year 2015. I would rather see if there would be map expansion with at least Boston and Houston, and maybe Hawaii :)

SnoDawgRulz666
11-02-2014, 07:34 AM
ill just be blasting on by with my shelby gt500, radio blaring, cops giving chase. so yeah, i won't be stopping to take in the sights and surroundings. and im from canada.

DownhillRiderBG
11-02-2014, 08:59 AM
Personally, I Donīt wan to see "The Crew 2"in the end of year 2015. I would rather see if there would be map expansion with at least Boston and Houston, and maybe Hawaii :)

Ivory tower has already made Hawaii (and ibiza) from the TDU games so it is a possible but I think it's property of the tdu publisher (eden games) and not ivory.

Austint30
11-17-2015, 03:42 AM
Well, if they included EVERY city people have been requesting then it would be city on top of city. You also have to consider thatThe Crews map is less than 1% the size of the real US so they are limited on space. And also, what would Houston add when it comes to variety? San Francisco would have the Golden Gate Bridge, St. Louis would have the arch to the western world, and NYC, time square and the many other landmarks it has. What does Houston have? :) Hope this helps!

Houston is the city that sent man to the moon. Houston is famous for NASA. The space center that you can find somewhere in Texas in the map in the game should be in Houston instead of being isolated around trees. Houston should just be about as big as Dallas in game.

C_the_Machine
11-17-2015, 12:17 PM
Yeah I was surprised that Boston wasn't included. It's a disappointment they left out some of the big american cities.

Not me. I honestly believe that someone involved with the making of the game (or all of them) either hate Boston, or the whole New England area. How else can you explain making the license plate for CHICAGO say R3DSOXX??!? Hell, my 8 year old some knows how to Google S***