PDA

View Full Version : what is whrong with my Rvs

XyZspineZyX
10-08-2003, 04:09 PM
Right Rvs is fine updated and running with Pb and all so on. one day i go to connect to a server. Error R6charecters Mis Match. ??? ok i get annoyed i uninstall and re instal. porlbem solved.(for now) playing today fine. went to college came back went to join my clan server. Error R6Engine Mis match. I mean what is going whrong here i dont touch and files to do with rvs. i just play the game. and this has happend twice now ive just reinstalled again. any help would be appreciated

XyZspineZyX
10-08-2003, 04:09 PM
Right Rvs is fine updated and running with Pb and all so on. one day i go to connect to a server. Error R6charecters Mis Match. ??? ok i get annoyed i uninstall and re instal. porlbem solved.(for now) playing today fine. went to college came back went to join my clan server. Error R6Engine Mis match. I mean what is going whrong here i dont touch and files to do with rvs. i just play the game. and this has happend twice now ive just reinstalled again. any help would be appreciated

XyZspineZyX
10-08-2003, 04:16 PM
This has happened to me a couple of times as well... But most of the time the game runs fine. I have no idea as to what causes these problems, and since the game usually goes well, I just leaves it like it is... /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

XyZspineZyX
10-08-2003, 05:37 PM
Make sure you have the filter for the servers set to same version only.

My ladder stats. (http://ladder.ubi.com/index.asp?gamename=RAVENSHIELD&ladderid=0&modeid=0&lan=en&FILTERCHANGE=1&SELECT_ALIAS=EXACT&INPUT_ALIAS=IDPA_Master&SELECT_COUNTRY=&SELECT_RATING=EQUAL&INPUT_RATING=&SELECT_KILL=EQUAL&INPUT_KILL=&SELECT_DEATH=EQUAL&INPUT_DEATH=&SELECT_COMBAT=EQUAL&INPUT_COMBAT=&x=41&y=10) Albeit not good.

XyZspineZyX
10-08-2003, 09:20 PM
I did have this errormessage also. The cause was (for me) that there are a lil different versions of some maps. I installed the hunter johny mappack (uo) after i installed several other mappacks. They worked great. BUT then 1 day i joined a server that were playing bunkers, and the map started to download. But i already had that map!! Twice to be precise, cause bunkers seems to be in the hunter johny mappack an in one of the other mappacks. So i was a lil confused, but thought maybe an updated version...
O well the map was in, i played it a few rounds, and then the next map loaded, and then i got that error. Couldnt join regular map servers and custommapservers anymore.
The only solution was uninstall, reinstall. I didnt delete the maps. That worked.
But if rvs ever download a map that i already have i cancel.

<embed src="http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~marenjen/sig.swf" height="90" width="420" autostart="true">

XyZspineZyX
10-09-2003, 05:23 AM
strikeforce87 wrote:
- Right Rvs is fine updated and running with Pb and
- all so on. one day i go to connect to a server.
- Error R6charecters Mis Match. ??? ok i get annoyed i
- uninstall and re instal. porlbem solved.(for now)
- playing today fine. went to college came back went
- to join my clan server. Error R6Engine Mis match. I
- mean what is going whrong here i dont touch and
- files to do with rvs. i just play the game. and this
- has happend twice now ive just reinstalled again.
- any help would be appreciated

Try going to www.evenbalance.com (http://www.evenbalance.com) and download a small app called PBWEB.EXE, which makes sure your PunkBuster updates automatically. Make sure you follow the instructions as to where the pbweb.exe goes and then run it.

BTW, if they have a spelling class at the college you attend, I think that you should enroll in it. Quick! There is no "H" in wrong and problem is not spelled porlbem. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

http://home.earthlink.net/~mwtate29/dfnlogo.jpg

"It is the soldier, not the poet, who gives us freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the reporter, who gives us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us freedom to protest. It is the soldier who serves beneath the flag, who salutes the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who gives the demonstrator the right to burn the flag"...Stephen Ambrose

Message Edited on 10/08/0311:25PM by ThumperDFN