PDA

View Full Version : Installation Problems

XyZspineZyX
07-07-2003, 07:15 AM
Whenever I install RS, or try i should say, every so often during the file transfering i get a "Crc error" and it continues to go on to say a specific file is incorrect. This will happen 6 or more times in an installation. Then when finished installing the game crashes everytime i open it. So when i reinstall it, the same thing happens, but they are different files that are causing the problems, it's random every time. It's not a faulty cd i've tried that. My comp is completely capable according to the syst requirements so thats not it. Can someone plz help

XyZspineZyX
07-07-2003, 07:15 AM
Whenever I install RS, or try i should say, every so often during the file transfering i get a "Crc error" and it continues to go on to say a specific file is incorrect. This will happen 6 or more times in an installation. Then when finished installing the game crashes everytime i open it. So when i reinstall it, the same thing happens, but they are different files that are causing the problems, it's random every time. It's not a faulty cd i've tried that. My comp is completely capable according to the syst requirements so thats not it. Can someone plz help

XyZspineZyX
07-07-2003, 10:00 AM
what pc do you have then?

http://www.forceunopposed.net/

XyZspineZyX
07-07-2003, 02:25 PM
like the UT2003's cd installation problems.
you need a new firmware or your CD isnt compatible with the
safedisc.

try to update the firmware of your cds, or get another drive.

-= Noone lags more than me! =-

XyZspineZyX
07-08-2003, 04:25 AM
where would i go about getting new firmware? i have an LG DVDrom. Or how would i go about changing my compatability with the safedisk?

XyZspineZyX
07-08-2003, 05:02 AM
LG16DVD as incompatibilities with UT2003's protection mode, so i guess same with raven shield
and yes i got CRC errors in random files too.

you should check LG's site for support and "update internal firmware"
that thing is like flashing your bios, you need to do it in MSDOS mode ( you cant in XP )
so be prepared to get a floppy /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

-= Noone lags more than me! =-

XyZspineZyX
09-30-2003, 07:02 AM
You have a bad memory, change it and it will work! I had the same probs.