PDA

View Full Version : RealMyst only starts to crash to Desktop in XP after updates from Microsoft

robsmyst
04-01-2004, 03:10 PM
RealMyst only starts to crash to Desktop in XP after updates from Microsoft, like for example The windows xp hotfix updates & SP2 updates from Microsoft , I have a Nvidia Geforce 4 MX 440 and using windows xp pro. using newest Nvidia drivers 56 something version.

I notice before you do microsoft updates realmyst works fine in windows xp , updated version of realmyst or non-updated cd verion of realmyst , if cyan or who ever does not fix realmyst with a patch , then I am not going to buy the SP2 for UrU game, because Microsofts Service Park 2 , is problemly going to crash UrU to the desktop next, in the end who falt is it more Cyan or who every sposts to keep the games runable under windows or Microsoft for puting out patches that they problemly know that they break the games with their fixs from their update site. also have Directx 9a which worked with realmyst before did Credical Microsoft Updates.

My main point here is why buy UrU SP2 addon if Microsoft breaks their cyan's game with the Service Pack 2.also if Cyan does not put out patches for we the games to be able to play our games in Windows, like they our sposts to work under, who should we buy new games from them if they don't keep them workable in windows, they were made for windows , etc not linux, so they should work in windows and if they fail to keep them working in windows after Microsofts Acts of Updates , they should put out Patches to Fix Microsofts Attacks on Myst games etc.. I think you get my point by now I hope.

robsmyst
04-01-2004, 03:10 PM
RealMyst only starts to crash to Desktop in XP after updates from Microsoft, like for example The windows xp hotfix updates & SP2 updates from Microsoft , I have a Nvidia Geforce 4 MX 440 and using windows xp pro. using newest Nvidia drivers 56 something version.

I notice before you do microsoft updates realmyst works fine in windows xp , updated version of realmyst or non-updated cd verion of realmyst , if cyan or who ever does not fix realmyst with a patch , then I am not going to buy the SP2 for UrU game, because Microsofts Service Park 2 , is problemly going to crash UrU to the desktop next, in the end who falt is it more Cyan or who every sposts to keep the games runable under windows or Microsoft for puting out patches that they problemly know that they break the games with their fixs from their update site. also have Directx 9a which worked with realmyst before did Credical Microsoft Updates.

My main point here is why buy UrU SP2 addon if Microsoft breaks their cyan's game with the Service Pack 2.also if Cyan does not put out patches for we the games to be able to play our games in Windows, like they our sposts to work under, who should we buy new games from them if they don't keep them workable in windows, they were made for windows , etc not linux, so they should work in windows and if they fail to keep them working in windows after Microsofts Acts of Updates , they should put out Patches to Fix Microsofts Attacks on Myst games etc.. I think you get my point by now I hope.

Eleazar6
04-29-2004, 12:37 AM
I set the compatibility mode to windows 98/ME and it works. Dumb microsoft... :/

rmsrmsrmsrms
05-25-2004, 10:42 AM
The real fix here is to disable Crytographic Services using msconfig.

rms