PDA

View Full Version : Layers Problem

SAS
03-29-2004, 11:03 AM
Hi all, I have been working on a map for a few days now, but have a problem, I loaded my map up today after adding some layers (sand, Hill top, dirt road ect) last night. However there are no textures shown, If i click the paint option select a texture (sand) and click where it should be it shows some of the layer (about 3-5 meters worth) and if you click over at another blank area it shows the next section and so on.

Any idea what I have done wrong?
Thanks

SAS
03-29-2004, 11:03 AM
Hi all, I have been working on a map for a few days now, but have a problem, I loaded my map up today after adding some layers (sand, Hill top, dirt road ect) last night. However there are no textures shown, If i click the paint option select a texture (sand) and click where it should be it shows some of the layer (about 3-5 meters worth) and if you click over at another blank area it shows the next section and so on.

Any idea what I have done wrong?
Thanks

AcidOsmosis
03-29-2004, 04:09 PM
I think I've had sort of the same problem as you. I am assuming you mean when you load the map and click on an area to brush in a layer texture a very large square area "darkens" or changes instead of the round area that you are brushing into.

Well, I know first off your going to need to "Generate Surface Textures" (under File). It seems that you need to do this anytime you make any changes whatsoever under the Terrain/Texture section before trying to make sure you are seeing what you should be seeing and also Layer Painting doesn't seem to work correctly unless you've done so.

As far as the large square area popping up when clicking on the terrain with the Layer Painter I am not sure why that happens but sometimes you can fix it by Generating Surface Textures.

tka1
03-29-2004, 11:04 PM
In the texture button make sure that the autogenerate button is unticked and every other one is. As far as the big square thingy I have that same problem and I just work around it or make the map lighter for temp editing.

In-game: Vaco.

SAS
03-30-2004, 12:09 AM
Thx generating surface textures worked, Now if I can just figure out why I dont have as many options as the tutorial says I should (IE mat_Sand_wet) http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Thanks alot for the help

AcidOsmosis
03-30-2004, 02:51 AM
Work around it how? It never lets me undo and I can't get the texture back to normal unless I reopen the map without saving (which causes SandBox to crash so I have to load another map then reload the one I was working on).