PDA

View Full Version : Low voice volume

ThaWrathChild
03-14-2004, 08:43 PM
I just bought RS3:Gold edition, and the voice volume is very low for me. This applies to any voice, from the tutorial walk thru, my character voice when I issue orders, and enemy soldiers speaking when they hear/see you.

I am not sure if it is related to AS, since I never played without it, but I am playing the RS missions.

I installed in this order: RS, 1.44 patch, 1.44-1.45 patch, AS, AS 1.01 patch.

Audio is NForce (onboard with the Asus A7N8X board). I have tried all audio settings, low-high quality, 3D on/off, EAX on/off, and get the same results.

BTW I am running through the Logitech Z-640 5.1 speaker set, and the issue seems to be that the center channel doesn't output. I have tried switching the speaker matrix on (which is supposed to emulate center channel in games that don't support it), and it has no effect. Increasing the center speaker volume also has no effect, it seems as if that speaker is ignored altogether.

The only workaround I have found is to change in-game sound settings to Voice full volume, everything else down to around 60%. Then I have to turn up my speakers a good bit to get a nice volume. The problem is then if I forget to turn it back down, the sound is blaring loud when I return to Windows.

Any thoughts?

ThaWrathChild
03-14-2004, 08:43 PM
I just bought RS3:Gold edition, and the voice volume is very low for me. This applies to any voice, from the tutorial walk thru, my character voice when I issue orders, and enemy soldiers speaking when they hear/see you.

I am not sure if it is related to AS, since I never played without it, but I am playing the RS missions.

I installed in this order: RS, 1.44 patch, 1.44-1.45 patch, AS, AS 1.01 patch.

Audio is NForce (onboard with the Asus A7N8X board). I have tried all audio settings, low-high quality, 3D on/off, EAX on/off, and get the same results.

BTW I am running through the Logitech Z-640 5.1 speaker set, and the issue seems to be that the center channel doesn't output. I have tried switching the speaker matrix on (which is supposed to emulate center channel in games that don't support it), and it has no effect. Increasing the center speaker volume also has no effect, it seems as if that speaker is ignored altogether.

The only workaround I have found is to change in-game sound settings to Voice full volume, everything else down to around 60%. Then I have to turn up my speakers a good bit to get a nice volume. The problem is then if I forget to turn it back down, the sound is blaring loud when I return to Windows.

Any thoughts?