PDA

View Full Version : General Ideas that could improve the game!

GamingLikeMike
09-24-2013, 01:00 AM
Hi guys,

I posted this thread on the General Discussion Forum originally, but have decided to rewrite all the ideas into one post in the Game experience section.

Thanks to everyone on that post who contributed ideas to the original thread :)

Possible Game Modes:

1) Heist: The crew starts outside of a bank being chased by police, each member of the crew has to get to 4 separate safe zones randomly spread apart rather than all going to the same one, this will make for a more varied game mode.

2) Cop Chase: The crew have to evade the cops for a certain length of time or get to the 'safe zone' to complete the mission.

3) Circuit: Two teams facing off against each other. Varying number of laps to mix it up (2,5,10,20 laps)

4) Sprint Single Team: The whole team has to get to the finish line by the time runs out

5) Sprint Single Team: Only one member has to get to the finish, the other member of the crew have to go through checkpoints to enable the guy at the finish line to complete the race.

6) Sprint Two Teams Competing: The whole team needs to get to the finish line before the enemy crew to win.

7) Sprint Two Teams Competing: Only one member of the crew has to finish, other members have to go through checkpoints to enable one member from each team at the finish line to complete the race, the team who has gone through all checkpoints and has a member at the finish line first wins.

8) 4v4 Relay Race: As in each member of the crew has to drive across certain conditions e.g.

- First sprint is an off-road race down a steep hill filled with hazards and drop-offs to a canyon below
- Second sprint is a race through the tight and twisty cayon roads to a town city below
- Third sprint is a race through the streets towards an area of dirt roads
- Last sprint we have a rally style race to the finish

These could be mixed up for variation.

9) Takedown Variation: Two pairs of two on the same team have to take down a truck each, so the crew would split into two groups of two and then drive in different directions to take down their own truck, once their truck is taken down, all four players must race to the finish line before the time runs out.

10) 4v4 Demolition Derby: Two Crews battle it out in a closed arena until all of one crew are too damaged to continue.

11) Drift Mode: A drift styled game mode, similar to Need For Speed or GRID.

12) Heist Variations: The Team could have to drive from a bank with police chasing them to a pickup location, players could then have to drive their cars onto a moving cargo plane, much like the Fast and Furious Six ending, the plane could be driving around an airfield ready for pickup and the team would have to race to the airfield with police trying to arrest them. The team would then have to drive their cars up the ramp of the cargo plane to complete the mission and escape. Other variations could include a boat version.

13) Pathfinder Version One: There is a Start And Finish Point, players have approximately 10 seconds to inspect the map, for choosing a way to arrive at the Finish point, they then must drive as fast as possible to the finish and beat the other team there.

14) Pathfinder Version Two: Same rules as Version One, but with 'Checkpoints', players must close all checkpoints before they finish.

15) Pathfinder Version Three: A team play variation of the game mode, where every checkpoint must be closed by each team separately but every point may be closed by any teammate, so not every point will have to be closed by every teammate, once one teammate has driven through the checkpoint, it is closed for their team. All team members must arrive at the finish point.

16) Circuit Checkpoint Race: Players can take whatever route they want to as long as they go through the checkpoints, so its more free and less restricted but this would stop people just taking a simple shortcut in a circuit race as they would have to go through the checkpoints first.

Other Points which could benefit the game:

1) Varying lengths of race: A mix of both short races/missions lasting 5 - 10 minutes and long races/missions which could take 30 minutes or 1 hour. This again could provide more variation for races.

2) Cops can get involved in the middle of races at any time and try to arrest you: this could make things interesting having to deal with the enemy crew and the police at the same time.

3) When driving around in free roam, police could try to arrest you if you hit their car or are seen speeding: This doesn't have to occur at all times at this could get annoying however on occasion this could make things more fun. You could then lose the police if you outrun them.

4) The ability to have a crew with only 2 or 3 members: Some people may not be able to get a 4 man crew so this could benefit them.

5) Police barricades (sometimes with and sometimes without spikes): This could be useful in game modes such as 'Cop Chase' and 'Heist'. As the crew is trying to escape, police could have roads blocked off meaning players have to improvise to get to their destination such as going down alleys to avoid barricades. Sometimes spikes could be set up at these barricades meaning players have no choice to avoid them and sometimes spikes may not be at the barricades, instead there could be just police cars blocking the way meaning players can ram through them. Again this would make the game more varied meaning players have to check specifically each time for spikes.

6) Headquarters co-op customisation (spectator mode): Players could invite their friends in who can then see what you are looking at and what car you are customising. This could have the real time animations for the engines and parts like the standard headquarters. Players could then customise their cars together as a crew and this could help inexperienced players get more experienced if they had help from another crew member who is experienced in what parts are best.

7) Wheel Support: Support for wheels that have a gear stick (Logitech g25/g27 etc) This would make for a much more immersive experience for players who own these wheels, especially with the cockpit view inside the car.

8) No set course: Players can take whatever route they want through the map to reach their destination. Circuit races should have a set track to prevent people cheating etc.

9) Button to activate windscreen wipers: Could make this a manual or auto feature. This would add alot of immersion, especially for players driving in the cockpit view when driving through stormy weather or a desert when dirt is covering the windows. Obviously having windows getting dirty all the time would be annoying so just make the dirt gradually get worse on the windscreen.

10) Cruise Control: You press a button and it locks your speed, this could be a nice additional feature for long drives across country such as road trips.

11) Neons: This could be really cool for night races as it would make all the racers stand out from the traffic more, some crews could also use the same colour for their neon to show that they are part of the same crew.

12) Support of Track IR: Players using the cockpit view would benefit from this the most possibly as this would provide alot of immersion and would provide them with a wider view of their surroundings.

13)Other countries DLC: This maybe near impossible as the original map mustv taken ages to create however if a DLC were released of the UK for example it would be brilliant to drive around London and Birmingham etc.

14) Field of View: Allowing players to alter their field of view especially for the in car view again would be brilliant as some players may prefer to see more of their dashboard etc

15) Customisable Radio Stations: This would mean that players are able to select their own music for each radio station, so if you wanted a peaceful slow drive, you could then change to a certain radio station and it would shuffle the music you selected for that radio station and play one of the songs. You could then change to an action radio station for police station and it would get you in the mood hearing all your favourite songs that you personally added.

Hope everyone likes the ideas, once again thanks to everyone who made comments on the original thread and contributed their ideas. If anyone else has any ideas, feel free to add them below!

Spadge005
09-28-2013, 12:18 AM
Nice thread !

Hope devs will consider it !

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
09-30-2013, 06:59 PM
Thank you for your feedback :)

Sipylos_HUN
10-05-2013, 09:22 AM
Offroad lamborgini? What a stupid idea? Next thing you put wings on cars and they can skydive from the mountains? Stay a bit lifelike please...
If there will be gps in the game it should be capable to make waypoints not only going to A to B but to C and D too.Because after mounths when everybody owns everything and they just want a nice long freeride, it would be a great idea to cruise with waypoints.
By the way, couple the game to google earth and I'll be satisfied with the mapsize :)

simplyPOLO
10-12-2013, 03:53 PM
i hope there will also be a enormous split-screen mode like in driver
with races, some persecutions and free driving

SASUPRA
10-17-2013, 01:47 PM
I Love the concept of this game and im excited to purchase it when it comes out. Being a performance car enthusiast myself, i love the idea of modifications to the vehicle. What i would love to see is more cars, especially of the Japanese market. There are some amazing cars that as far as i can tell you have forgotten to include that would set this game off and i couldn't imagine it getting any better. Think Forza..... Toyota AE86, Supra, FT86, Mazda RX7, RX8, Nissan, Silvia S15, 180sx, Honda S2000, NSX, Subaru WRX, Mitsubishi EVOs etc. There are so many cool cars.

Assa099
12-09-2013, 04:10 AM
What i would like to see is a crew of Cops......I would love to see a street race going on (By real Players, not AI) and the cop crew trying to bust them.

Forgot to mention Undercover Cops, Blending in as fake crew members (With usual car) to bust the crew leaders leting small fish go to get the biggy.

PassanCat
02-04-2014, 12:30 PM
This one of the few things I'm hoping for.
I also want to see somekind of headhunt.
One Clan want the "head" of someone else and a few people can get hiered to get him.
With benefits for the clans, the headhunter but not big disatvantages for the guy who get huntet.

theonlytime
02-14-2014, 01:05 AM
I've had some idea pop up and I want to share and see if any dev or forumer may find it interesting.

I was thinking since the world of The Crew will be based in the USA, why not have the ability to create a custom event by using the entire map as the reaource to choose a specific area of the USA. Like for instance, to do a drag race in NY, why not select the portion of the Williamsburg Bridge as the designated spot for a drag race. Instead of using preset events existing or soon to exist in The Crew, why not allow any player or leader of let's say crew x to host a drag race by selecting from a list containing points of interests existent in The Crew or by choosing Point A and Point B through a map after choosing a state.

Or if let's say crew x wants to race with crew y, races can be initiated through accessible events but would be even better if it were done through this custom event option. Let's say crew x challenges crew y to a sprint race. Then a certain player can create a sprint race by choosing a point of interest by state or by highlighting/pinpointing the path from stat to finish.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, another idea I've had in mind. I've looked into the Skin A Car feature in The Crew's official homepage and it's impressive. By taking what was done in GRFS with Gunsmith, the idea to customize one's car in-game and on-the-go is fantastic. I'm impressed by those customization but I'd wish to see customization options for neons, spoilers, bonnets/hoods, tyres, and window color. Anyway, point about the Skin A Car is if it were possible to include a feature where we the players can create our own templates as a separate file and re-use as a base template for editing purposes or upload a custom template like a design made in photoshop to the game and use the designs to further editing. It would be great.

That's all for now.

danthi66
02-15-2014, 05:53 PM
What about split-screen? EVERYONE IS FORGETTING THAT SPLIT-SCREEN EVEN EXISTS!!!

XTad
03-09-2014, 05:11 PM
Heist mode would be nice. Something like the transporter series or the opening scene of drive movie where the police is literally chasing you not just crashing in your car. And some cut-scenes could also greatly support the cinematic feeling i mean cut scene with few masked men leaving the bank or storage.

Ryzza5
06-13-2014, 04:39 AM
Offroad lamborgini? What a stupid idea?

Never stopped us before!

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-EhQIxZRmz7Q/Sf2DwKt_PhI/AAAAAAAAIXA/ydAjTzoRlJc/s0/20090502215348.jpg

And here's some trivia for you - a Lamborghini was one of the first cars Ivory Tower experimented with when it came to offroad driving (we thought it was for TDU2 at the time but it later became clear this was IVT's work for The Crew)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAgqbA5lA70

Here are some images we've had since 2009:

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-jrIlKawpoXE/S443eHHp6SI/AAAAAAAAHkA/AnbpD5Xm1Qk/s1200/pic-1862.jpg

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-IBeys80Ih0c/S443ct7z8fI/AAAAAAAAHkA/Re_9aeZ3iR4/s1200/pic-1899.jpg

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-ztWwyYxjyC4/S443X-sOnuI/AAAAAAAAHkA/k1bYtcyIKQ8/s1200/pic-1889.jpg

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-hLnWItEJZDY/S443UOBm5XI/AAAAAAAAHkA/OEn5se1vbSc/s1200/pic-1888.jpg

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-uuHNh8FLFlE/S443Qe-GzkI/AAAAAAAAHkA/9wxIU6msLZM/s1200/pic-1895.jpg

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-2LmhgJxnWls/S443Ogd3E7I/AAAAAAAAHkA/xslO4k6BLP4/s600/pic-1884.jpg

As you can see these represent what we've seen so far in The Crew very well (and look nothing like Ibiza)

Rattenschnitzel
06-13-2014, 10:44 AM
Sipylos only was talking about Lambos won't have a Offroad- or Raidspec, i quess ;)

It is true, that nobody will ever stop someone from going offraod in a Lambo or Koenigsegg or any other Supercar but they won't get any Offroad- or Raidspec there, but only Perfomance- and Racespecs ;)

Ryzza5
06-14-2014, 02:15 AM
Maybe this is nitpicking but something that bothered me a bit in the livestream footage was the driver having his hands at 10-2 on the steering wheel. I think it would look better (less arcade, keep in mind most arcade players won't use cockpit view much) and more in line with motorsport if they were at 9-3. Having all the animations redone this late in the development process is unlikely though :(

Minime891
06-16-2014, 12:43 AM
Maybe this is nitpicking but something that bothered me a bit in the livestream footage was the driver having his hands at 10-2 on the steering wheel. I think it would look better (less arcade, keep in mind most arcade players won't use cockpit view much) and more in line with motorsport if they were at 9-3. Having all the animations redone this late in the development process is unlikely though :(

Just watched some footage and have to agree it would look much better at 9-3.

Mochcin
06-17-2014, 02:44 PM
Watch from 2:44.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2-ZJRDe3JM

I think it's not the best solution. If it will spawn you instantly and with speed ~40mph like in this video it might be pointless to turn in some situations.
Better would be spawning after let's say 3s and standing start.
Or no spawning at all and you have to turn around/click spawn button.
I know it's still in beta stage, but look at the thread title.:)

DT-MadManCK
06-17-2014, 03:54 PM
I always drive at 10/2 as that gives me most control. Has nothing to do with arcade at all, lol. Jean Alesi drove like that in F1.

But having to find little stuff like that, only confirms they did an excellent job for the most part with The Crew.

Mochcin
06-17-2014, 10:40 PM
After finding minor bugs there comes the time for finding smaller ones. :)
Still a lot to improve, but it definitely doesn't look bad.

Rattenschnitzel
06-18-2014, 01:56 PM
Nothing really special...

@Wheel
Most time my hand is @9 or @12 ... It's a shame, i know :D

@V8_KB
hmmm... Nice one in that gameplay... It could nearly be funny if there won't be that nice girl talking such a bull**** about that situation :cool:
But look at this one from Johnny Creek:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofjhZ9nE9YY

He starts a Race @4:10 and in that race (For example directly in the first 2 corners or @5:38) you can see cars driving/sliding through that barriers.
This would be the nice way.

I don't really know, what this could be all about.
Maybe this nice girl simply did some unregulated pushes of a few buttons in that situation and did that reset by herself without really noticing it, who knows ^^

Mochcin
06-18-2014, 08:13 PM
That's why I said if it will be like in that video. Driving through them without automatic spawn would be the best option IMO.
Still even if she freaked out and pushed all buttons, it spawned her instantly and already rolling. Also in your video it was different situation as they passed it only for a moment and while they were driving in the same direction as indicators. English is not my first language, but I hope you know what I mean.
Like I said earlier it's hard to judge from yt, so I'm looking forward to the beta.:)

Rattenschnitzel
06-18-2014, 10:23 PM
Yep, i know ^^

When you look closly to your linked vid, you'll notice, that she get reseted before even touching the barrier.
This won't be ingamemechanics, i quess.

A "quick reset" is some kind of wired. Not really great but not that bad, too.
After all in most cases driving trough will be faster anyway ^^
Let us wait until we see some more.

Brusguttn
06-26-2014, 10:55 PM
dont focus this game around cops. thats what ruined need for speed. its fine if it is VERY!!!! lightweight do not do the need for speed types where they have emp's and are overpowered as F**K we dont want that. we want what has been revealed so far no cops is fine with me, and all the youtubers that i have watched reviewing this game all says that they shouldnt take the cop scene from need for speed we simply had enough and its getting boring. please ubi-mush tell ivory to not wreck the game with cops :) no offence if you planned that :/ '' car enthusiast tip dont use cops at all :)''

FQ24
06-27-2014, 01:03 AM
dont focus this game around cops. thats what ruined need for speed. its fine if it is VERY!!!! lightweight do not do the need for speed types where they have emp's and are overpowered as F**K we dont want that. we want what has been revealed so far no cops is fine with me, and all the youtubers that i have watched reviewing this game all says that they shouldnt take the cop scene from need for speed we simply had enough and its getting boring. please ubi-mush tell ivory to not wreck the game with cops :) no offence if you planned that :/ '' car enthusiast tip dont use cops at all :)''

I''m glad im not the only person here who doesnt want another need for speed type game;). This game is centered around the experiences with your car and customization. In other words what every car enthusiast wants! No more of the arcady drifting and the stupid pointless power ups which ruin every game including Midnight Club, and no more cops or heist. If you want that play GTA 5.

DeceitfulFox
06-27-2014, 10:21 AM
Well I like cops, and I'm glad they're in. Hopefully you get to drive a cop car at some point (or as DLC more likely).

boyomama
08-26-2014, 11:30 AM
I just want them to lower the price for the cars and increase the payout's from missions. It's like Gta 5 Online all over again.

HeartFoam
08-28-2014, 09:00 PM
Offroad lamborgini? What a stupid idea? Next thing you put wings on cars and they can skydive from the mountains? Stay a bit lifelike please...

Introducing the 100% real Lamborghini LM002, built between 1986 and 1993. (Which would be an awesome car for the game.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamborghini_LM002

Kazyas
08-30-2014, 04:06 AM
11) Drift Mode: A drift styled game mode, similar to Need For Speed or GRID.

9) Button to activate windscreen wipers: Could make this a manual or auto feature. This would add alot of immersion, especially for players driving in the cockpit view when driving through stormy weather or a desert when dirt is covering the windows. Obviously having windows getting dirty all the time would be annoying so just make the dirt gradually get worse on the windscreen.

10) Cruise Control: You press a button and it locks your speed, this could be a nice additional feature for long drives across country such as road trips.
[U]

Yes. YES!

Also, for the country DLC/expansion (which I guess is probably the inevitable way they will get more money), Canada (+Alaska) and South America would be a natural extension. You can drive there naturally from the US, so it makes sense. The 510's could be smuggling down south, who knows. Europe would be harder to justify from the little story that we've seen so far, but as I said, I'm sure they already have plans for this.

Chrisadler1986
10-09-2016, 07:18 PM
Perfect , perfect , perfect!
Great to fly With friends, everything is supergreat.
Just one thing , please make it possible to fly With miniwings, speedgliders too.
Looking forward to Dezember. Already the alpha is ungelievable great. Good Job guys !