PDA

View Full Version : IS THIS GAME WORTH BUYING?

XyZspineZyX
08-31-2003, 03:59 AM
is it good? because i'm reading threads about people saying that they want the old jade back. so was the old game good? whats it about? does she fight? what kind of weapons she has?

XyZspineZyX
08-31-2003, 03:59 AM
is it good? because i'm reading threads about people saying that they want the old jade back. so was the old game good? whats it about? does she fight? what kind of weapons she has?

XyZspineZyX
08-31-2003, 10:53 PM
The game isn't going to be released until November (or something like that). The "old Jade" topics are about how most people like the old character design for Jade better (Ubi changed it while in development a little while back).

djdude648
08-07-2010, 11:33 PM
BG@E is a old game hardly rember it now.... but it was a fun game
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

jonnescout1991
08-08-2010, 06:08 AM
the game is great there is some fighting some stealth bits.
you realy should buy it

M-dahaka
08-19-2010, 05:01 AM
why dig up this old thing http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

mystique1987
08-21-2010, 06:16 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Guest:
is it good? because i'm reading threads about people saying that they want the old jade back. so was the old game good? whats it about? does she fight? what kind of weapons she has? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank God, Im glad Im not the only one. Yes the Jade in the 'leaked gameplay' is just ugly, she looks needlessly realistic and gritty, yet her arms are like twigs. The original game caught my eyes bcoz of Jades, catchy, iconic and beautiful character model.

Its not really a combat oriented game but she does use a Staff to engage enemy's. The combat system is very responsive and the animations very fluid and gorgeous but the combo system is a bit shallow.

Its mostly an aventure game like Zelda, where you play as a reporter and progress through the main adventure by photgraphing evidence and events to expose a conspiracy as well as collecting pictures of animals for a sidequest and bonus items. Theres also mini-games and sidequests and the gameplay throughout all of this is varied so there is stealth involved, along with driving etc

Its an old game and will probably seem dated by now but its worth it for the price

Soulid_Snake
11-19-2010, 04:37 PM
I agree Mystique, the new character design just doesn't reflect the emotion of the first game, i.e Jade's emotion in her facial expression. But, there does seem to be something cool and mature about BG&E2 design. Hopefully we will all know in good time what artistic direction the game will take.

mystique1987
01-21-2011, 10:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Soulid_Snake:
I agree Mystique, the new character design just doesn't reflect the emotion of the first game, i.e Jade's emotion in her facial expression. But, there does seem to be something cool and mature about BG&E2 design. Hopefully we will all know in good time what artistic direction the game will take. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you seen the animated movie Appleseed? Bcoz the leaked Jades appearance is approaching that of the main character in the Appleseed franchise which I dont think looks to bad for a game like Beyond Good and Evil(other than the fact that its cell shaded).

Personally I think a new more mature look wouldnt hurt but what Ive seen in the trailer is alot of ugly colours and odd proportions. Her arms are to sticky-like and the colours on her character model are too dull. The Appleseed character has better proportions, looks memorable and has enough colour variation

Soulid_Snake
01-22-2011, 12:33 PM
OMG, I just saw her, she fits the bill perfectly, she just needs to dye her hair brunette and legalise a name change lol. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Review's have been praising the movies score? This is something I definately will look into.