PDA

View Full Version : Keystone Cops on trucks and tanks

BBloke
01-28-2004, 09:40 AM
Hi All,

This is just not my day for tracks.

In v1.21 I recorded some command column trucks and single jeeps moving around an airbase.

In game the trucks move smoothly and as you would expect but when you play the track back on truck in the column stops and the one behind it drives into the space it occupies. The jeeps move then stop, move a little further - have a coffee break. Move a little bit more - time for a smoke then reach their destination.

I see no reason why they should be doing this on track playback but has any had this happen to them and did you get it resolved?

Thanks,

BBloke

---------
Light Blue Touch Paper and Stand well Back!!!!!

BBloke
01-28-2004, 09:40 AM
Hi All,

This is just not my day for tracks.

In v1.21 I recorded some command column trucks and single jeeps moving around an airbase.

In game the trucks move smoothly and as you would expect but when you play the track back on truck in the column stops and the one behind it drives into the space it occupies. The jeeps move then stop, move a little further - have a coffee break. Move a little bit more - time for a smoke then reach their destination.

I see no reason why they should be doing this on track playback but has any had this happen to them and did you get it resolved?

Thanks,

BBloke

---------

WB_Outlaw
01-28-2004, 02:59 PM
I've only recorded ground activity once and didn't have any problems. It was a German supply column I think. Have you moved the column to another road or tried another type of column to see if it does the same thing? I believe the AI will try to stay on a road if you place them near one. Maybe that road has a "kink" in the terrain data that is confusing the playback module.

-Outlaw.

BBloke
01-29-2004, 05:29 AM
I think I may have a reason why. I tried to cut down on the objects and cameras and run a test track and it worked.

So it could just be down to the number of moving objects and static cameras causing the "lag".

I think I'll have to think of a couple of other ideas!

Thanks Outlaw.

BBloke

---------