PDA

View Full Version : DM Mode in SC:PT

roughriderFMX
07-11-2004, 08:54 PM

roughriderFMX
07-11-2004, 08:54 PM
How many of you would like to see a DM mode in SC:PT?

"this is where the cool nerds put all their nerd sayings"
-Zoltan

Muhamatahmatay
07-12-2004, 07:51 PM
I voted yes, only because I would like to see which servers are playing DM, so I would know not to join that server. I prefer missions, and don't want to go to 5 servers before I find one playing missions.

http://www.soncek.com/slike/2034.jpg
Fisher: Show me where Zimbabwe is or else...

Muhamatahmatay
07-12-2004, 07:52 PM
I said yes only so I would know what game type a server's playing. I hate DM, and would not like to go to 5 servers before finding a mission server.

http://www.soncek.com/slike/2034.jpg
Fisher: Show me where Zimbabwe is or else...

Jaderberg
07-12-2004, 10:17 PM
i voted yes but i think dm is pretty stupid since i could just win most levels by killing mercs neway

P4 2.3GHz
776 mb 2100 ddrram
256mb Geforce Fx5600XT

Game names: salmon_flyer, Mr. Grey, Peanut warrior

Green_Lantern4
07-13-2004, 07:18 AM
The reason why UBI made it 2 on 2 is because they didn't want the game to turn into a "deathmatch".

I'm tired of spending 30 mins trying to find a room that is playing the game as it was intended.

SC:PT is suppose to be based on stealth and strategy. There are plenty of games out there that are MADE for pure DM. Go play them instead of ruining SC:PT for the rest of us let alone ruining the developers original concept.

...and as I said before, "Stop trying to play Checkers with Chess pieces!"

(SmokeCheeba)
07-13-2004, 09:05 AM
Deathmatch is fun, and really tense if your the Merc. I only play DM in unranked games so i can go pure aggro and not have to worry about losing points. Its a free game, its for fun, so who cares if we play Deathmatch.

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/7301/415.gif

"Forgiveness is between them and God, My job is to arrange the meeting." - John Creasy

MrBisto
07-13-2004, 09:36 AM
No-one really cares if you do play deathmatch. To me, its odd as there are other games out there for that and this wasn't designed for it.

The reason this is bought up though is not because we care if you play deathmatch, but because those of us that want to play the game it seems to be designed as (stealthy, neutralisation of ND's, not going for mercs etc), are fed up with people coming into our rooms trying to turn it into a deathmatch game, agreeing that you are not doing deathmatch then turning it into one anyway. Either that or when we go into a room to find 3 spies sat there whilst you are a merc then they immediately launch and you have to start searching for yet another game.

As much as I don't like the idea of the game being savaged by deathmatchers, people seem to want to do it. Whether it is made as an intentional game design or not, I would at least like the option to find out what sort of game it is before entering or be able to describe my room so I don't have to tell everyone that enters that it is not deathmatch, it is not tag, we do not tolerate double jumping, use of teleportation and so on.

The option to type a game description or room name would be a nice option.

----------------------------------------------------------

GamerTag 1: DJToot

Available in Amped 2, Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow, Race Driver 2, Crimson Skies, Rainbow Six 3 and PGR 2

rdb420
07-13-2004, 08:09 PM
why would anyone vote no? if you don't like deathmatch you could stay out of those lobbies and if you like it you would know that you were joining a deathmatch. i can't believe that no is winning the vote. to me this would be an advantage to all.

rikakiah
07-13-2004, 09:57 PM
Haha! I evened the Yes/No scores! ...okay, I'm done now.

Seriously, though, I agree that having the option there would definitely enhance my playing experience, as I would no longer be frustrated with all the deathmatches that I would no longer be getting pulled into...

Now, follow this through to its logical conclusion of putting the option in there and creating an actual, sanctioned game... This would mean that those playing DM in non-DM-sanctioned games could righteously be awarded stiff penalties. Therein lies my justification. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

-"...that general is skillful in attack whose opponent does not know what to defend; and he is skillful in defense whose opponent does not know what to attack." -Sun Tzu Wu

bigdman0711
07-16-2004, 08:34 PM
I only play deathmatch, so I'd like to see which servers are doing it and which aren't...they should add tag too so you can tell the difference. As for not playing it the way it's supposed to be, are you talking about ranking or free? In my experience, most ranking games are played in the traditional, ND1 mode (correct me if im wrong about this). You're just screwing off in free mode...that's why I make my filter so that I only get free games, because I know that most free games are deathmatch or tag. If you want to play traditional, do ranking. You may say, "But I wanna play traditional without losing points", but you gotta get yourself out of that mindset that points are everything in the world. It's cool to be competitive, but it's bad to be obsessed with it.

See My Mercenary FAQ (Disco Stu514) on GameFAQS.com

Gamertag: Disco Stu514

rikakiah
07-17-2004, 10:16 PM
A "deathmatcher" with sanity and reason. You're an odd sort. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif (I mean that as a compliment.)

I'll admit, I hate playing deathmatch, and I haven't played in a while, but most of the ranked games I joined were deathmatch as well.

-"...that general is skillful in attack whose opponent does not know what to defend; and he is skillful in defense whose opponent does not know what to attack." -Sun Tzu Wu

FN57
07-18-2004, 12:33 AM
the last person who came into my server and told me he wanted to play a deathmatch got booted. He just came into my room and said, "Hey, we are playing deathmatch." A simple, Uhm, no, and I kicked him.

Some people like it, i don't. I want to play the game as it was meant to be played. PT deathmatch is like trying to make Halo a stealth game. In PT, you use stealth to overcome your enemies, but in halo, you go in guns blazing and hope you survive.

http://server5.uploadit.org/files/FNPhil-SCPTSig.jpg
XBL Gamertag: FN 5 7