PDA

View Full Version : kadish, fourth puzzle (spoilers)

JohnJSal
11-23-2003, 03:46 PM
ok, i actually figured this one out myself just now...and i didn't even use the clue in the gallery...i just figured out how high each pillar goes and i worked the levers until i could climb up to the top...when i got to the top, i found the sixth cloth...should i be on seven by now, or am i ok?

also, am i really done with this puzzle? because the path just circles back to it, *and* i find it odd that you don't even need to use the clue (with the colors and numbers) to get up to the top...

JohnJSal
11-23-2003, 03:46 PM
ok, i actually figured this one out myself just now...and i didn't even use the clue in the gallery...i just figured out how high each pillar goes and i worked the levers until i could climb up to the top...when i got to the top, i found the sixth cloth...should i be on seven by now, or am i ok?

also, am i really done with this puzzle? because the path just circles back to it, *and* i find it odd that you don't even need to use the clue (with the colors and numbers) to get up to the top...

frenyo
11-23-2003, 03:52 PM
Yes this is the 6th cloth. But the puzzle is far from being solved. You can't advance yet. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif You need the clue from the Gallery! Remember: according to the logic of Kadish you should find what is not there.

-----------------
Frenyo/Norfren
Beta tester
Guild of Greeters

JohnJSal
11-23-2003, 03:54 PM
hmmmm...ok, i'm actually kind of excited about this one for some reason...time to take a shower and then do some serious thinking...no help this time! really! http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

JohnJSal
11-23-2003, 03:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Remember: according to the logic of Kadish you should find what is not there.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
oh my, that maybe have cracked it wide open for me! forget the shower, i'm doing this now! http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

JohnJSal
11-23-2003, 04:45 PM
finally, i finished the age! i gotta say, that last puzzle (opening the vault) was clever, and at least i figured *that* one out on my own! of course, it helped to know the solution to the one before it....

alright, on to gahreesen and i'm going to do the whole age by myself! how would you rate its difficulty?

Cr-om
11-24-2003, 02:29 AM
Gahreesen I found visually very tasty but not too difficult. I however, am now stuck on the counterweight thing - I can see a hole in the ceiling with a ladder but can't reach it. Is this relevant?

Whitch2
11-24-2003, 10:01 AM
It sure is. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

derekpowles
11-25-2003, 05:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by frenyo:
Yes this is the 6th cloth. But the puzzle is far from being solved. You can't advance yet. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif You need the clue from the Gallery! Remember: according to the logic of Kadish you should find what is not there.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Stuck in same place, but I only have 5 cloths, looks like restarting this age - not enough sleep!

Derek

frenyo
11-25-2003, 06:46 AM
The reset of the book is not necessary. You have to solve only those puzzles again, where the door has been closed behind you.

-----------------
Frenyo/Norfren
Beta tester
Guild of Greeters

derekpowles
11-25-2003, 09:14 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by frenyo:
The reset of the book is not necessary. You have to solve only those puzzles again, where the door has been closed behind you.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I did reset the book before reading your message. I was surprised to find that I still had the cloths I had found!
Question - Is the sixth cloth at the exit to the pillar problem. I still have only 5 cloths after solving the the first pillar puzzle or have I still missed a cloth in getting this far?
Derek

AussieMystic
11-25-2003, 04:55 PM
There are two things you need to do to solve the pillar puzzle.

The first thing is to configure the pillars so as to get to the sixth cloth. You need to work out how to do this yourself - the clue in the gallery doesn't tell you.

The second thing to do is configure the pillars according to the clue in the gallery, which allows you to exit the puzzle and progress to the vault.

If you have configured the pillar puzzle, climbed through it to get to the journey cloth, and you only have five cloths - then you are missing one.

derekpowles
11-26-2003, 12:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by derekpowles:
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Stuck in same place, but I only have 5 cloths, looks like restarting this age - not enough sleep!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I managed to solve the second pillar puzzle within a few minutes of previous message, got to the very end but alas only 6 cloths couldnt open door!. I shall have to try yet again.
One question - Is there a cloth in the gallery?

Derek

frenyo
11-26-2003, 02:58 AM
You mean the Kadish Gallery? No, there is no cloth.

When starting to deal with the pillar puzzle, you should already have 5 journey hands/cloths.

Actually you have to set the pillars twice into the necessary arrangements. When you solve the pillar puzzle first according to the Gallery hint, and you are on your way out from the hall of pillars, you should have to see the cloth if your eyes are open!

-----------------
Frenyo/Norfren
Beta tester
Guild of Greeters

derekpowles
11-26-2003, 04:44 AM
You mean the Kadish Gallery? No, there is no cloth.

When starting to deal with the pillar puzzle, you should already have 5 journey hands/cloths.

Actually you have to set the pillars twice into the necessary arrangements. When you solve the pillar puzzle first according to the Gallery hint, and you are on your way out from the hall of pillars, you should have to see the cloth if your eyes are open!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I have missed one cloth before the pillar puzzles, been searching a long time. Ive got the two by the large telescopes and the one in the circular room after the small telescope and then the one at the entrance to the pillar puzzle. The game 'distance' would imply another cloth between these last two, but where? A hint please.

Derek

frenyo
11-26-2003, 05:01 AM
The pyramid where the Glow room is ( puzzle #3). Go around, look around....

-----------------
Frenyo/Norfren
Beta tester
Guild of Greeters