PDA

View Full Version : Custom License Plates & Changing Your Car On The Fly

DevonPhillips
06-23-2013, 11:03 PM
Nice job on The Crew so far! It is looking amazing!

I want to touch on the customization in this game.. Will the cars be able to have neon lights under the car? Will we have custom license plates? Can you take like a street front bumper and put it on a mustang and take a performance hood and put it on the same car? What I am saying is can you take different parts from different tuning kits and apply them to the same car? It would be sweet to have all this in the game!

Now talking about the actual gameplay.. Can I change my car on the fly? Example, I am driving around and I want to change my car but I am in the middle of no-where and I don't want to fast travel there because I found something cool. Can I like pause the game and select Change Car and it just re-load the game area and I can now drive the car that I chose. Similar to that of Midnight Club: LA or Need For Speed: Most Wanted 2012.

Thanks for this awesome game! Can't wait to play this game!

Arkany
06-24-2013, 01:46 AM
I don't know about the rest of what you're asking but, I remember something about being able to switch tuning kits anywhere. I'm not sure if that's true or not though.

DT-Bezrider
06-24-2013, 07:59 AM
You can definitely change your car without having to go back to your garage each time, personalised number plates would be nice but not sure if its in the game yet.

DU_jefbougy
06-24-2013, 03:54 PM
Custom plates would be awesome! http://www.emoticones-smileys.fr/Smiley/Communication/23_50_5%5B1%5D.gif

tope1983
06-24-2013, 05:24 PM
You can definitely change your car without having to go back to your garage each time.

I don't think so...
I think U have to "SHIFT" at least to your garage ;)
And if u are not using your console, U will be able to tune and style your car also via app on your smartphone.

tduckadmin
06-24-2013, 07:41 PM
Custom plates in the same fashion that MCLA allowed you to do would be so good (cleverly filtered them online and in photomode too), with presets for the US states and maybe some simple international templates too.

DevonPhillips
06-24-2013, 07:50 PM
I don't know about the rest of what you're asking but, I remember something about being able to switch tuning kits anywhere. I'm not sure if that's true or not though.

Really? Where at did you see this? That would be really cool if they had that!

DevonPhillips
06-24-2013, 07:51 PM
You can definitely change your car without having to go back to your garage each time, personalised number plates would be nice but not sure if its in the game yet.

Really? where at?

DevonPhillips
06-24-2013, 07:52 PM
I don't think so...
And if u are not using your console, U will be able to tune and style your car also via app on your smartphone.

Is "SHIFT" fast travelling?

DT-Bezrider
06-24-2013, 07:58 PM
I don't think so...

I got the info from this article http://www.gamersyde.com/news_preview_the_crew-14261_en.html

"Thankfully, unlike TDU, The Crew allows to change cars on the fly without having to return to your headquarters."

Arkany
06-24-2013, 10:54 PM
Really? Where at did you see this? That would be really cool if they had that!

A dev said it in one of the E3 videos I watched. I don't remember which one though, sorry.

DevonPhillips
06-25-2013, 01:14 AM
I got the info from this article http://www.gamersyde.com/news_preview_the_crew-14261_en.html

"Thankfully, unlike TDU, The Crew allows to change cars on the fly without having to return to your headquarters."

That's awesome! Thanks!

DevonPhillips
06-25-2013, 01:21 AM
A dev said it in one of the E3 videos I watched. I don't remember which one though, sorry.

It's ok. I watched alot of E3 videos too! It's just that awesome.