PDA

View Full Version : Tuning / Customization

Jejebond007
06-12-2013, 10:25 AM
Hi !

First of all thanks for the quality of this game. Looks really amazing.

I have a question about Tuning. On the website, we can see "kits". So, the customization will be only kits classified by usage ? Or we can choose individual parts ? like "front body only".

Thanks a lot, Even if we can't, it still great !

PS: Ivory Tower, je vous salut ! Si un surnommé Galopin est parmi vous, je le salut aussi ! ^^

kalingen
06-12-2013, 11:34 AM
I have to be honest, I really hope that it isn't a repeat of NFS Run's customisation. While this game is already amazing with the insane open world, I am really hoping the customisation is more customisation and less choose between these options we've made for you.
Either way: this game and Knack are the only games which make getting a PS4 necessary at this point

kratoswar93
06-12-2013, 12:01 PM
Please, full customization! the game is amazing

Jejebond007
06-12-2013, 05:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbB0AAPj2qI

I've just watch this interview. Julian Gerighty compares The Crew to "quite" Underground 2. So i guess it's gonna be individual parts too :D but maybe without neons and sound systems and advanced stickers of MidnightCLub: Dub Edition.

Soft tuning for the Crew i guess with individual parts.

Krazy2768
06-13-2013, 02:09 AM
I hope they really go deep with customization ive been wanting a new racer with that both performance and asthetics this game looks like it will be a lot of fun so lets hope they don't disappoint

Edit : just remember tho for every sticker that's on the car that adds 10 HP!!

HRC-CReddy
06-13-2013, 05:31 AM
I'm sure the upgrade parts will be pretty nice, IIRC Julian Gerighty said in an interview that there is a 19 piece puzzle to every car car and each piece has 100s of parts with thousands of combinations, I'm excited about that, sounds like something totally new in terms of customization.

smashsmash24
06-13-2013, 05:59 AM
I'm sure the upgrade parts will be pretty nice, IIRC Julian Gerighty said in an interview that there is a 19 piece puzzle to every car car and each piece has 100s of parts with thousands of combinations, I'm excited about that, sounds like something totally new in terms of customization.

could you give me a source

theclutchpilot
06-13-2013, 06:22 AM
On the website, we can see "kits". So, the customization will be only kits classified by usage ? Or we can choose individual parts ? like "front body only".

This was my concern also. I sure hope that anything goes. I hope customization is as crazy as they are making it sound.

I've just watch this interview. Julian Gerighty compares The Crew to "quite" Underground 2. So i guess it's gonna be individual parts too but maybe without neons and sound systems and advanced stickers of MidnightCLub: Dub Edition.
Soft tuning for the Crew i guess with individual parts.

I sure hope you guys are right. I've already witnessed developers hype something up verbally before, then disappoint you later when you see the actual game.

JBanton
06-13-2013, 08:05 AM
I too would hope that we can individually add parts. I haven't seen a driving game with good aesthetic customisation in a long time.

Jejebond007
06-13-2013, 11:21 AM
could you give me a source

I found it for him ! xD lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_pqFq9sUrk

So yeah, we got our answer. 19 pieces with 100 of parts for each one with even stickers !

LordoDeath789
06-13-2013, 02:11 PM
I hope it is individual part customization. By the way, the "kits" may be class designs in my opinion, like a compact or pickup exclusive only design. It would be nice to see some kind of thing where you can make some designs on a computer then import them.

HRC-CReddy
06-14-2013, 12:32 AM
I found it for him ! xD lol

So yeah, we got our answer. 19 pieces with 100 of parts for each one with even stickers !

Appreciate that man! Lol

HRC-CReddy
06-14-2013, 09:07 AM
Ok, I have a concern about how far they went into the engine modelling that they did for each car, cause this picture right here shows a Nissan Skyline in the demo that's about to be customized in the garage, and the engine is CLEARLY not an RB26 Inline 6 engine, it's shaped like a V8.

So I'm really hoping it had an engine swap done to it before it was about to be customized again or they haven't finished modelling the engines for each car yet because I and other car nuts would be really disappointed if every car's engine in the game looks like a V8 when we go to look at it for customization.

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n60/gamma23/Untitled-1_zps762a046b.jpg

Also here is the video I took the picture from, skip to 4 minutes to see the Skyline in the garage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYTGr1vvpnw

PetrolJunkie
06-15-2013, 12:32 AM
I can see they also use these magical auto-refilling NOS-bottles,like in NFS :( . I know they took "Underground" as an example, and that's good, but they shouldn't copy NFS. One NFS is more than enough.
It would be much nicer if they would use normal single-use bottles instead, just like the "real" thing. But maybe you could deliver them in different sizes/capacities. These bottles could always be refilled after a race or after a visit in the hide-out.

HRC-CReddy
06-15-2013, 12:44 AM
I can see they also use these magical auto-refilling NOS-bottles,like in NFS :( . It would be much nicer if they would use normal single-use bottles instead, like in the real world. But maybe in different sizes.

Agree, and I wish they could of took the obnoxious flames out when you spray the nitrous as well, could add just like a motion blur.

PriescuBogdan
06-15-2013, 12:25 PM
Individual parts for tuning pause at 3:43

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmfLn7Izkfo

Vagelis4VP
06-15-2013, 08:01 PM
..nice videos..thanks guys... some more info came out. If i got it right, the team which made DFS is making the car handling... not bad at all i would say... i liked DFS driving.

PetrolJunkie
06-15-2013, 08:30 PM
Hi,

some more info came out. If i got it right, the team which made DFS is making the car handling...
@ Vagelis4DaCrew:
may I ask you, where did you get these information about DFS? BTW, what did you mean with DFS? Or did you want to say DSF (as in Driver San Fransisco)? :)

Vagelis4VP
06-15-2013, 10:31 PM
Hi,

@ Vagelis4DaCrew:
may I ask you, where did you get these information about DFS? BTW, what did you mean with DFS? Or did you want to say DSF (as in Driver San Fransisco)? :)

..yes... DSF i mean...
in this video..
from 2.50 and after, he says something like this... but not completely sure if that is actually the case.. i just perceived that he probably meant this...

DT-Bezrider
06-16-2013, 08:34 AM
I also noticed in that video he states the game will not have any options to make custom races like in TDU2, he also said it could be an option that my be added later on ;)

Krazy2768
06-17-2013, 01:20 AM
lets just hope the majority of customized pieces arnt lame

theclutchpilot
06-17-2013, 06:08 AM
If they don't have one already, they need to put a vynal editor in similar to Forza and MCLA. Also I hope you are able to customize your interior like MCLA. And they should have a dyno like NFSU2

Arkany
06-17-2013, 03:01 PM
I remember reading something around here about being able to design decals and vinyls on your PC and port them to the game. It's probably not like the in game forza style editor you're asking for but it should be interesting.

DT-Bezrider
06-17-2013, 09:19 PM
I remember reading something around here about being able to design decals and vinyls on your PC and port them to the game. It's probably not like the in game forza style editor you're asking for but it should be interesting.

You can see this in a few of the videos, you can do some customisation on a tablet and then see the changes in game.

One thing I will say from the few snippets of video I have seen of this, the decals/stickers system looks a bit like the one in TDU2, I really hope it's not based on that as it would be a step backwards and a real disappointment in my opinion :eek:

Trainfield-CH
06-18-2013, 12:19 PM
I can see they also use these magical auto-refilling NOS-bottles,like in NFS :(
It would be much nicer if they would use normal single-use bottles instead, just like the "real" thing.

Agree, my Suggestion: one bottle per race. at the right moment, it is much more effective.
and no NOS in Freeride. :D :o

snaketus
06-18-2013, 12:24 PM
It would be much nicer if they would use normal single-use bottles instead, just like the "real" thing. But maybe you could deliver them in different sizes/capacities. These bottles could always be refilled after a race or after a visit in the hide-out.

I wish that too, it would be more realistic and make much more strategic use of it what you got. And I really hope you have to pay your repairs, this encourages people to drive properly.

billyhas
06-20-2013, 11:57 AM
I've been waiting for a racer to feature a deep customization system since Underground 2.
I applaud the developers for doing this. Thank you and can't wait to see the outcome.

PriescuBogdan
07-02-2013, 11:31 PM
Individual parts for a mustang, there are a few ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIWUQJCOA88&feature=c4-overview&playnext=1&list=TLYCWo6GGCCtM

DT-Bezrider
07-03-2013, 07:26 PM
I like the part where they said that the app for the tablet would be free, sometimes this sort of thing is just an extra way to squeeze money from us gamers ;)

jejebond77165
07-04-2013, 07:30 PM
Someone can resume what does he says ? About custom parts for exemple...

I feel a little sad because Midnight Club LA still the best customization game if it stay like this. We can't change only optics for example, whe can't also put differents layers of vinyl. :/

But maybe he says something that i do not understand in the video. Someone can explain ?

Rattenschnitzel
07-05-2013, 08:12 AM
Like it was said in another interview, they are thinking about delivering an editor for the player to customize own vinyls.
I don't really know how much we can take this one as true for now seeing forward to the final game.
It would be a nice touch on one hand... ... ... And a creepy on the other hand, thinking about so many tuningchallenges since the time of Underground 2, wäääh ^^

The parts by now look ok, too. Seeing the actual progress in customization is nice and i hope they don't hunt for NFS UG2 to much and add some sort of crap like neons and such things ^^

BlackxSpeed
07-08-2013, 01:11 PM
I want to customize my wing, my rims , my front and rear bumper separately .. so yeah individual parts would be ALOT better than those "Kits".
Offroad, Race Kits and those kind of things just sucks. I want to move my stickers through thousands of layers :D

jejebond77165
07-09-2013, 07:14 PM
I think if they want to do best custom/tuning game, they will have to look at Midnight Club Los Angeles. Best tuning game ever. If it's not their goal, then they already done a pretty good job.

Rattenschnitzel
07-11-2013, 03:06 PM
@BlackxSpeed
Have you ever throw an eye on the trailers postet before? :p
To be a nice player - You'll get your parts ;)
But i don't really know something about stikerlayers ^^

Sheytan198
07-20-2013, 01:04 AM
Please allow this on Muscle cars ---- > Blower engines going out of the hood :D

http://imageshack.us/a/img196/5497/l1fd.jpg

cbaines
07-21-2013, 01:27 AM
Well, I'll take a moment to talk about some experience in a game called Motor City Online that put it first of it's class in car customization. I bring up MCO multiple times in every racing/car game I've played. This is because of all of the innovation that made the game special. It was so ahead of it's time concept-wise from 2001-2003.

Motor City Online had thousands of parts to choose from for your vehicle.
Engine broken into many parts: Pistons, camshaft, EFI, Carbs, engine block, exhaust manifold, etc. Literally every part of the engine was covered.
Along with the engine there was the entire drive-train: Transmission, differential, etc.
Wheels: brakes (disc, drum, etc) tires, rims (So many varying dimensions as well as widths and depths of tires.
You could also have many different types of blowers for muscle cars (the main theme of the game was American Vintage, Classic, and Muscle) along with scoops; both which stuck out of the hood of the car.
Spoilers: Front & Rear with parts varying in weights.

Aesthetics:
You could change the color of the paint of your car, add your club's decal to the side, choose from Flames, Scallops, 2-tone, etc.
Fuzzy dice on the mirror (now days it'd be LED's on the bottom)
Change the tint of your windows
Have a roller bar in the back for drag racing

Form:
Each car had a couple different variations of body style: Chopped, Convertable, and Regular.
Along with very special themed cars with rare paint jobs.

Please let us get away from the simple customization such as: Swap Engine, Paint Car, New Wheels, Vinyls.

UncagedWolf
07-29-2013, 04:51 PM
I have done some thinking based on the 19 customizable slots on a vehicle, I am not sure if when he said that he was including performance parts but here is a list of some slots that may be available.

1. Front Bumper
2. Rear Bumper
3. Side Skirt
4. Hood
5. Spoiler
6. Rims
7. Mirrors
8. Engine
9. Tires
10. Exhaust
11. Super Charger/Turbo
12. Air Intake
13. Brakes
14. Nitrous
15. Sticker
16. Suspension
17. Transmission
18. Doors
19. Neon (under glow)
20. Steering Wheel
21. Seats
22. Light Bars
23. Brush Guards
24. Spare Tire
25. Head lights
26. Tail lights
27. Grill
28. Roof scoop

I could easily expand this, dependant on the detail of customization they are striving for (performance and cosmetic), but just some food for thought.

Also want to chime in on the real nitrous subject, I could not agree more, I actually started a poll in general about preference for Nitrous. Personally, I would like to see it in charges and only refill if you actively do so, not just "Magic Bottles" as PetrolJunkie mentioned. Nitrous should be a boost or "try and save my arse" button, not a crutch.

DevonPhillips
07-29-2013, 07:12 PM
In the blog that The Crew published it talks about customization.. Here is what he said.

"There will be a wide range of features for the customization of your car! These include: 200 unique stickers (along with the option to design your own), 500 colors, liveries, rims, front and rear bumpers, skirts, rear wings, motor hoods, front and rear fenders, front and rear lights, and side mirrors. Basically, you can take the same vehicle from asphalt to off-road…and anywhere in between."

He also talked about car radios and how they would be in the game which is sweeeeet!

theclutchpilot
07-31-2013, 06:59 PM
I have done some thinking based on the 19 customizable slots on a vehicle, I am not sure if when he said that he was including performance parts but here is a list of some slots that may be available. I'm hoping they'll add more than 19 slots because based on your list (which is really good) 19 isn't enough. It would also be cool to see:
29. Objects hanging from rear view mirror (dice, air freshener, etc.)
30. Interior colors
31. Objects on dashboard (hula dancer, bobble head, etc.)
32. Dyno or place to tune your car
33. Widebody kits
34. Lift kits

I don't expect to see objects hanging in the mirror or on the Dash but it would be a nice addtion. I hope to see everything on your list and the little extra I added would be nice. I hope its not too much.

# of cars + amount of customization + map size + gameplay=
A heck of a racing game.

I know I've been posting a lot lately but my mind started to flow with thoughts and ideas for the game and I just wanted to share them so hopefully they get out and the developers can see.
Ahem* cough cough UbiMush. Also you should move this thread to the customization section.

DevonPhillips
08-03-2013, 05:26 PM
White wall tires..Nuff said.. On a serious note though, I hope they have different types of tires. Like white wall tires, sticker tires, offroad tires and white wall tires.. Did I say white wall tires? Haha

KRaZyAmmo1
08-13-2013, 06:48 PM
some real life kits would be nice to see. like Rocket Bunny, Liberty Walk, Amuse, MCR, Run Free, Crystal Body Yokohama, ect.

also engine swaps and drive train swaps would be sweet. RB26DETT in a S13, 1UZFE in a KPGC10, 2JZ in a Z32, ect.

AMGSidhu
08-23-2013, 07:00 PM
I hope its like midnight club customisation ie individual parts and dimensions of rims, lowering etc

PetrolJunkie
08-26-2013, 03:23 PM
Talking about customisation, what's this all about these different license plates?

http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespot/images/2013/232/718280_20130821_screen001.jpg

Are these images edited, and is it just artwork, or could this really be true? :cool:

DevonPhillips
08-31-2013, 07:46 PM
Did anybody notice that the license plate is in the front? Will you be able to choose where you want to put your license plate?
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1149447_572124312850298_633650799_o.jpg

PetrolJunkie
09-01-2013, 07:52 AM
Hi Devon,

At first I thought this feature of different plates would be in the game as well. But now, I'm having doubts, that this is actually true.
First of all, this picture of yours is definitely artwork and doesn't represent the real game. Same for the picture as shown in my last post (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/775012-Tuning-Customization?p=9242643&viewfull=1#post9242643) and other artwork on the official website. The license plates are definitely edited in.
Secondly, all gameplay videos (even the latest videos from Gamescom) still show the standard "THE CREW" license plates.

How much I like the idea of having unique plates, I don't think this actually is going to happen .... Or another yet unknown video can prove us otherwise. :)

DevonPhillips
09-01-2013, 05:37 PM
Hi Petrol,

I am thinking that too. But if you look at some of the Pax videos people are putting up there are unique license plates and the crew license plates. I would love to have custom license plates but it's not a deal breaker.

Edit: I'll just create my own in the paint booth! :P

KostasViper
06-23-2014, 06:28 PM
Ok, I have a concern about how far they went into the engine modelling that they did for each car, cause this picture right here shows a Nissan Skyline in the demo that's about to be customized in the garage, and the engine is CLEARLY not an RB26 Inline 6 engine, it's shaped like a V8.

So I'm really hoping it had an engine swap done to it before it was about to be customized again or they haven't finished modelling the engines for each car yet because I and other car nuts would be really disappointed if every car's engine in the game looks like a V8 when we go to look at it for customization.

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n60/gamma23/Untitled-1_zps762a046b.jpg

Also here is the video I took the picture from, skip to 4 minutes to see the Skyline in the garage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYTGr1vvpnw

1) The engine in that picture/video looks more like a V6 than a V8.
2) The Skyline in that picture/video is NOT a stock R34 Skyline, it's a Dirt spec Skyline. You can see that on the official The Crew site, under Cars, go to Nissan, Skyline, then press the "Dirt" button under the picture. You will see the same setup as the one in the video. So it is logical that a Dirt version of this car that is to be used for something that the stock car isn't (driving in dirt races) would not have the normal stock engine that the car would have. Everything is fine, no error here.