PDA

View Full Version : Serious problem with tree age - cant reset!

peltm-1m
11-23-2003, 12:14 PM
Hi,

I almost finished that tree age, but i missed one journey cloth. so i went back yo start, found that missing cloth, BUT, i can't get BACK! I can solve again that first puzzle with those three things what you can rotate to open that door. Door opens on. When I go in, there is blue button on left as it has been always, I press it. Nothing happens! First time i played this age that button closed that door and i found one journey cloth. This time button wont work.

When i go downstairs to that "lightpuzzle with 5 buttons", i notice that those buttons wont work! Lights are off and there is on way to put those again on!

I got one hint to reset this age. I get back to my Relto, press button below age book. Uru asked me if i wanted to reset this age, i answered yes. Book is gone and now it is outside. I go outside and link back to tree age. BUT! Still same, light puzzle is not working! So, I CANT FINISH THAT AGE. What to do?

peltm-1m
11-23-2003, 12:14 PM
Hi,

I almost finished that tree age, but i missed one journey cloth. so i went back yo start, found that missing cloth, BUT, i can't get BACK! I can solve again that first puzzle with those three things what you can rotate to open that door. Door opens on. When I go in, there is blue button on left as it has been always, I press it. Nothing happens! First time i played this age that button closed that door and i found one journey cloth. This time button wont work.

When i go downstairs to that "lightpuzzle with 5 buttons", i notice that those buttons wont work! Lights are off and there is on way to put those again on!

I got one hint to reset this age. I get back to my Relto, press button below age book. Uru asked me if i wanted to reset this age, i answered yes. Book is gone and now it is outside. I go outside and link back to tree age. BUT! Still same, light puzzle is not working! So, I CANT FINISH THAT AGE. What to do?

Guiun_
11-23-2003, 12:26 PM
You're not alone. This happened to me. I gave up in frustration. Later, when I started the game again, the buttons worked again. This may work for you.

Also, if you miss a cloth, you don't necessarily have to delete your Age and go through it again. You can turn the page in your book and link back to the beginning.

Jerle
11-23-2003, 12:28 PM
I'm going to move this thread to the "Ages - Spoilers" section, ok? Bear with me while I try to figure out if I can do it. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Administrator - Community Management
Mystcommunity Forums (http://myst.chucker.rasdi.net/board/index.php)
D'ni History and Language Resources (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=3871034&m=6021026)

peltm-1m
11-23-2003, 12:39 PM
I know that i can link back to start, and that is what i actually did. But when i found that missing journey cloth i ofcourse pressed it and thats it, game saved my "clothsavepoint" there. Now i have in my book that "start of the age link" and my journey cloth link which leads to almost start of the age. Nice. I just tried to reset age again, and no, that light puzzle just wont work.

I am not going to start game all over again because i just HATE that "lightbug" puzzle and if i start again i have to do that again. no way! If this is "end of my game" then it is. Very sad. There MUST BE way to get that light puzzle work again! I can't believe that there is not.

Guiun_
11-23-2003, 12:41 PM
ACK. I don't mean start the game from the beginning again. I mean stop playing it. Close it down. Then start it again.

Edit: When you miss a journey cloth, yes, the saved point is where you touch the last one, but the Age itself doesn't reset (Unless you pressed every blue button in Kadish). But even that doesn't matter, since you'd have to replay it again anyway if you reset the Age in your Relto.

peltm-1m
11-23-2003, 12:48 PM
Ok, still won't work. This is what i did:
- Reset age
- Shutdown URU
- Start URU again
- Link book is back outside
- Link to tree age
- Finish first puzzle -> door opens
-> TSADAA! Light _WONT WORK_.

Disappointed...

Guiun_
11-23-2003, 12:56 PM
Odd that the link book is back outside....

Perhaps...change a couple of parts of the first puzzle? You know, try to jumpstart it....

All I know is mine eventually worked. I don't know what I did (I did flip a couple of the first puzzle pieces, though) to reset it other than stopping and starting the game. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

peltm-1m
11-23-2003, 12:57 PM
If i reset age it always takes my resetted book back to outside.

Guiun_
11-23-2003, 12:59 PM
Don't reset the Age again. Go there, check to see if the buttons work. If they don't, Alt + F4 out of the game and restart. Go back and check the buttons....

peltm-1m
11-23-2003, 01:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by peltm-1m:
If i reset age it always takes my resetted book back to outside.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, now i shuffled all three dials, reset age and quit uru. Next i am trying to do it all again.

Guiun_
11-23-2003, 01:25 PM
Why do you keep resetting the Age? o_O

Fiddling with the dials and then resetting the Age isn't going to kick anything into gear. If you want to keep resetting the Age to make it work, just do that. I'm just trying to tell you you don't have to reset the Age.

peltm-1m
11-23-2003, 01:57 PM
Ok, i tried with resetting age and WITHOUT resetting age. I tried witohut exiting age and WITH exiting age. I tried without shutting down URU and all this does nothing new.

I shuffled all dials many times and then tried to exit/start URU again/reset age (one of those options) and NO, IT WONT WORK.

If i open that door, shuffle dials exit age and come back, should that door be open or closed? My door is open until i RESET age. Still, re-opening the door wont get that light puzzle work. I am really pissed off with this.

Guiun_
11-23-2003, 02:05 PM
I don't think I re-opened the door...but now I don't know. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

I only have one last lame idea, and that's to create a new character, touch a journey cloth at the beginning of the game, then quit and go back to your original character and try Kadish again. This is to try to "goose" the game.

The reason I make this suggestion is: I have two characters. One is in Live and one is single player. My single player Kadish wigged and didn't work, so I tried my Live player in Kadish. When it worked, I went back to the single player and thankfully, it worked now, too.

This is a major bug. We shouldn't have to be goosing the game like this, for sure.

peltm-1m
11-23-2003, 02:28 PM
All i can say is ****. I made new player, started from scratch, and what i can found out! IT WONT WORK EVEN IF I START AGAIN THE WHOLE GAME!

Now I AM pissed off....VERY sad.

peltm-1m
11-23-2003, 02:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by peltm-1m:
All i can say is ****. I made new player, started from scratch, and what i can found out! IT WONT WORK EVEN IF I START AGAIN THE WHOLE GAME!

Now I AM pissed off....VERY sad.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, btw, When i start game from scratch, i can't get anymore all journey cloths in tree age. Meaning -&gt; first time i played there was that blue button after door, when i pressed that door closed and revealed third journey cloth. Now that blue button wont work anymore, so there is no way to play thru that age. Not with my original character nor with new one.

Guiun_
11-23-2003, 02:43 PM
Very bad bug. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif Somehow, mine kicked over to working. I wish I knew how.

Have you downloaded the updates?

peltm-1m
11-24-2003, 11:07 AM
If i understood right, Uru gets its updates automatically?

Urulive.com says that i have "Update"-button on Uru launch screen -&gt; no i don't have. Not in first launch or in "Uru Setup (Single player)"-screen. When i start Uru Live it downloads latest updates.

Anyway, i still can't finish uru! http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Moleculor
11-24-2003, 11:26 AM
When you bring up the game launcher, there are four tabs. I don't remember the first one, but the next three are Graphics, Audio, and Update. Click the Update tab, then the Update button.

peltm-1m
11-24-2003, 11:31 AM
Can't find, where it is? http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Look:
http://www.wccweb.com/screenshot.jpg

Coronagold
11-24-2003, 11:40 AM
Strange, I don't have an Update tab in Prime either. I USED to....

http://sargem.hypermart.net/RelJump1sigJ.jpg

Digitz1
11-24-2003, 11:42 AM
You don't have an update tab!

Not good at all. Instead of mucking about yourself, contact UBI technical support.

I'm including the webpage that should get you off to a good start.

Uru Technical Support (http://urulive.ubi.com/US/About/general_updatesmain.htm)

Keep us posted and good luck.

Allan_Martin
11-24-2003, 11:45 AM
I'm having a similar problem execept when I enter the small circular room the blue light is on and when I touch it the blue light goes off and thats all no cloth. If I exit the game and return to the same location the blue light is on again.

peltm-1m
11-24-2003, 11:58 AM
Same here. =) Fun isn't it, and what is the best part -&gt; That way _you can't finish the game_! Cool! =)

jbhypno
11-24-2003, 12:01 PM
WHen you start URU there is a tape for updates. It will download and install them automatically but you still need to touch that button. Also if you are in Live there is a check box to update all ages at launch. Make sure that box is checked. One final suggestion. After completing the first puzzle make sure you click the blue button to close the door and click on the journey behind the door before you use the light puzzle.

JBhypno

Beta Tester
Guild of Greeters
Alien from beyond innerspace

peltm-1m
11-24-2003, 12:09 PM
I can click that button all day long. Door WON'T close.

peltm-1m
11-24-2003, 12:14 PM
Again, about that magical update button....

If you checked my screenshot on previous page you can see that there is NO update-button (or tab). All what i have is ACCOUNT, GRAPHICS and AUDIO. None of those have any buttons about updating.

Then about Live. When i start it, it checks for updates, thats all. Again, NO update checkboxes or buttons or tabs.

Allan_Martin
11-24-2003, 01:15 PM
You are correct. Once you go online it appears the program is modified and updates are applied automatically there after. The update tab is gone.

I had the same problem with the first blue light not responding. After going online and then starting the stand alone game the blue light worked. It looks like a patch was applied when I went online.

Again, about that magical update button....

If you checked my screenshot on previous page you can see that there is NO update-button (or tab). All what i have is ACCOUNT, GRAPHICS and AUDIO. None of those have any buttons about updating.

Then about Live. When i start it, it checks for updates, thats all. Again, NO update checkboxes or buttons or tabs.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

peltm-1m
11-24-2003, 01:22 PM
So, you mean that if i try now (last time tried yesterday) to logon and then try game, it should work?-)

Allan_Martin
11-24-2003, 02:11 PM
It did for me. You might also want to try going to that age online. I did.

So, you mean that if i try now (last time tried yesterday) to logon and then try game, it should work?-)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mistyri
11-25-2003, 12:49 PM
Well, that bites...

Looks like I'm fixing to enjoy a similar dilemma. I missed the Relto page *and* the Journey nearest it, got all the way to the end and can't get back. So I linked back in from Relto and pa-dum-ish, the clockwork thingies won't work at *all*.

If I have to do that liney room again, I'm going to kill myself. I'm still not sure how I finally did it. (Don't you hate it when you figure out part of a puzzle with dumb luck? Kinda defeats the purpose...)

. . . the ending has not yet been written . . .

Mistyri
11-26-2003, 01:51 PM
Well, goobers. I can't reset either.

Anybody have this problem and then got through it? How'd you do it? *woe*

I'm thinking... maybe... if I close the vault again? But that could just result in my being mega uber trapped for good....

Mistyri
11-26-2003, 04:08 PM
Okay. Went to the link, got the patch, everything should work now. Thanks, Digitz!

Neejit
11-26-2003, 04:23 PM
peltm-1m, maybe you should try making a copy of your save somewhere else on your hard disk, then uninstalling and reinstalling Uru.

Afterwards you can put your save back in the 'sav' folder and start up again. Maybe that will solve your problem. It shouldn't. But you never know.

In 'Uru - Ages Beyond Myst'-folder, somewhere on your computer, is a folder called 'sav'. Inside you will find a folder for each of your avatars, I think. It's called something like: 4N65689... or similar. Just copy that one to another folder and uninstall the game.

Then, when you've reinstalled it you just put the folder back where it came from. Or maybe the Uru uninstallation even has the option to keep the saves.

This way, you keep your progress in the game, but also, hopefully, clear out any bugs that you might have inadvertently triggered.

This is just a suggestion. The obvious solution would be to just start over, but I can perfectly understand if you don't want to.

- Neejit