PDA

View Full Version : strange bug in planning map

XyZspineZyX
11-27-2003, 04:17 PM
I've looked all over the forums and haven't found anyting like this bug...

I got RVS as a bundled piece of software (UK version) with my new vid card. I installed RVS and patched to 1.41 and punkbuster. I enter the "planning" phase and I CAN'T PLACE ANY WAYPOINTS. It makes the "clunk" sound that waypoint placing does, but instead of placing a waypoint, it moves the map up a level. I tried pressing the "up level/down level" button to place a waypoint on the odd chance they were reversed but nothing. So I uninstalled, complete reinstall and did not patch or punkbust. Same thing. Then a friend of mine brings back a pirated copy (US version) from Bangkok. I install that and the planning phase works great. So, the pirated jobby works better than the real one? Whats going on here?

Nate

XyZspineZyX
11-27-2003, 04:17 PM
I've looked all over the forums and haven't found anyting like this bug...

I got RVS as a bundled piece of software (UK version) with my new vid card. I installed RVS and patched to 1.41 and punkbuster. I enter the "planning" phase and I CAN'T PLACE ANY WAYPOINTS. It makes the "clunk" sound that waypoint placing does, but instead of placing a waypoint, it moves the map up a level. I tried pressing the "up level/down level" button to place a waypoint on the odd chance they were reversed but nothing. So I uninstalled, complete reinstall and did not patch or punkbust. Same thing. Then a friend of mine brings back a pirated copy (US version) from Bangkok. I install that and the planning phase works great. So, the pirated jobby works better than the real one? Whats going on here?

Nate

XyZspineZyX
11-27-2003, 07:08 PM
Oops!! I found the solution!

Here's to responding to your own thread when you find the solution AFTER you post your question:

http://forums.ubi.com/messages/message_view-topic.asp?name=us_ravenshield_ts&id=zydzt

Just in case anyone else needs the info.

Nate