PDA

View Full Version : No servers show in multiplayer screen

J-hehehe
03-17-2004, 08:56 AM
I've been playing RvS since last year and it works pretty well. Then last Saturday when I wanna play it shows no server names in multiplayer screen. Cable modem lights flashes when I enter multiplayer screen, meaning it is downloading something from the internet. But still no server names in the list.

So I use the "Play Online at ubi.com!" icon on my desktop. It runs very slow and all rooms rejected me saying "You are not authorized to play in this server". Please notice that everything works fine on Friday and before (I can read 500+ server name on the screen before)

So I check ubi and see new patches. I patched my game and same problem exists. So I formatted my system drive and install everything (xp, drivers, game, etc) from a empty harddisk. But I still got no server names in the game's multiplay screen. And this time the "ubi.com program" tells "ActiveX is not enabled on your system. Ubi cannot setup your PC for the best online gaming experience." when I try to enter a lobby. That means I still can't read any server names.

Of course I know how to enable ActiveX in IE. But it doesn't work at all. I have already reinstall my PC 3 times. The game only works in single player mode. IP join is not working also. I am stucked. And I am hunger to play online.

Please help.
I really need to play it because there is a local competition on April using AS.

PC config:
P4 2.8G + 512 x 2 twin DDR400 Geil CL2 + 9800 PRO + ASUS P4C800 motherboard

Thanks in advance.

J-hehehe
03-17-2004, 08:56 AM
I've been playing RvS since last year and it works pretty well. Then last Saturday when I wanna play it shows no server names in multiplayer screen. Cable modem lights flashes when I enter multiplayer screen, meaning it is downloading something from the internet. But still no server names in the list.

So I use the "Play Online at ubi.com!" icon on my desktop. It runs very slow and all rooms rejected me saying "You are not authorized to play in this server". Please notice that everything works fine on Friday and before (I can read 500+ server name on the screen before)

So I check ubi and see new patches. I patched my game and same problem exists. So I formatted my system drive and install everything (xp, drivers, game, etc) from a empty harddisk. But I still got no server names in the game's multiplay screen. And this time the "ubi.com program" tells "ActiveX is not enabled on your system. Ubi cannot setup your PC for the best online gaming experience." when I try to enter a lobby. That means I still can't read any server names.

Of course I know how to enable ActiveX in IE. But it doesn't work at all. I have already reinstall my PC 3 times. The game only works in single player mode. IP join is not working also. I am stucked. And I am hunger to play online.

Please help.
I really need to play it because there is a local competition on April using AS.

PC config:
P4 2.8G + 512 x 2 twin DDR400 Geil CL2 + 9800 PRO + ASUS P4C800 motherboard

Thanks in advance.

KamisoriTenno
03-17-2004, 09:02 AM
Well, I don't have IE and ActiveX on. It happens to me a couple of time. Just go into the game browser and wait till done. if you still don't see any servers just logout and login again. that does it for me, always. kinda start getting it back in 1.4x patch and still happens once in a blue moon. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif