PDA

View Full Version : How do i record n play a demo in far cry??

XyZspineZyX
01-28-2004, 03:52 PM
like the ttitle says i really want to record sum footage of me playing but not sure what the command is to play a demo and record a demo..

XyZspineZyX
01-28-2004, 03:52 PM
like the ttitle says i really want to record sum footage of me playing but not sure what the command is to play a demo and record a demo..

XyZspineZyX
01-28-2004, 03:56 PM
this feature is not implemented jet

XyZspineZyX
01-28-2004, 03:57 PM
There is a console command "record" but i havent tested it my self.
And you can use FRAPS.

XyZspineZyX
01-28-2004, 04:07 PM
yeah i did use fraps but its so slow you cant really play the game properly n record coz its just too slow for comfort, so i was going to record a demo then use fraps to record the demo in avi

XyZspineZyX
01-28-2004, 04:30 PM
When using Fraps you can choose how many frames you want to have in your recorded video... To record a video with for example 15 frames per second, fraps slows the game down to a framerate of 15... That seems to be very slow and stuttering for the player... A framerates of 25 or higher is good enough to play the game properly... You can set fraps' record level to 25 frames... The result of this is, that your video will be much bigger than with 15 frames... So you to decide between playing good or smaller size... To make your video smaller you can convert it to divx for example... All you need is the newest divx codec and a video compressing program like virtual dub ( http://www.virtualdub.org/ )

Sha-Gra-Bomur

Message Edited on 01/28/0404:32PM by Sha-Gra-Bomur