PDA

View Full Version : some suggestion to ubi people

Shangra
01-17-2004, 12:24 PM
Many updates take place after the screen has gone black. Since there is no evident indication of a download in progress (and the download might take a long time), the average user might get the wrong impression that his/her machine has somehow crashed. I would strongly advise to include in the upcoming updates something that would inform the users that nothing wrong is happening but "please be patient ... download is in progress"

Thanks

Shangra
01-17-2004, 12:24 PM
Many updates take place after the screen has gone black. Since there is no evident indication of a download in progress (and the download might take a long time), the average user might get the wrong impression that his/her machine has somehow crashed. I would strongly advise to include in the upcoming updates something that would inform the users that nothing wrong is happening but "please be patient ... download is in progress"

Thanks

hogarth...
01-17-2004, 12:31 PM
How do you know that "updates" are taking place while the screen is black, Shangra?

I don't find this to be true. When the screen goes black, as it's been doing all morning today, the app just hangs. No activity is taking place.

Shangra
01-17-2004, 12:49 PM
I iconized the game and monitored my connection with DU meter. And I noticed a heavy download that took a long time (even with a fast dsl). Plus the only open connection was with the game server. I had to wait many minutes before the game actually started. It does not happen every time I log on but only if some update is needed (That in addition or alternative to the usual standard update window, that is).

rickla
01-17-2004, 12:50 PM
IF you wait, it usually comes up, so yes it is doing something (in my case, thrashing the disk!).
The app is pretty much a hog even in single player for me, I've stopped playing for now (athlon xp2400, 512mb doesn't cut it!)

Shangra
01-17-2004, 01:29 PM
It happened to me today again. After hogarth1's post I tried to see what it could be. It may not be an update as he says, but, no doubt, there is activity going on. I read someplace on this forum that it may be a bug of the server that keeps sending information. This is more likely if you crash after having being in the game. But i don't exclude that it may start doing it at the very beginning too.
No doubt this game is full of puzzles :-)

Almlys
01-17-2004, 01:30 PM
Be sure that "update all ages" option is activated on the connection tab to avoid to download them when you are in-game.

Almlys
In cavern: Al'my

Guild Of Greeters member.
Shift: Sunday 14:00-16:00 GMT
Languages: Spanish, English and Catalan