PDA

View Full Version : Need help on the Regulator level *minor spoilers*

TheMadCelt
03-27-2004, 09:05 PM
Wow, this is insanely difficult.

I'm at the end of the Regulator level, and I hit the switch to blow the place, then I proceed to get absolutely DEMOLISHED by the two choppers' worth of mercs that drop into the courtyard and hunt me down.

Apparently, I'm supposed to escape into one of those vents. I've tried sprinting to the far one before the choppers get there, but the door won't open and they shoot me in the back. Am I missing something? Should I restart the level and grab the rocket launcher to knock down the whirlybirds, or is there a less inconvenient solution to this problem? I tried backtracking to the guard tower, but apparently the water surrounding the broken bridge is special "magic death water" that kills me in an instant (even though there are schools of fish swimming around in there, go figure http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif )

Any help appreciated.

Thanks!

TheMadCelt
03-27-2004, 09:05 PM
Wow, this is insanely difficult.

I'm at the end of the Regulator level, and I hit the switch to blow the place, then I proceed to get absolutely DEMOLISHED by the two choppers' worth of mercs that drop into the courtyard and hunt me down.

Apparently, I'm supposed to escape into one of those vents. I've tried sprinting to the far one before the choppers get there, but the door won't open and they shoot me in the back. Am I missing something? Should I restart the level and grab the rocket launcher to knock down the whirlybirds, or is there a less inconvenient solution to this problem? I tried backtracking to the guard tower, but apparently the water surrounding the broken bridge is special "magic death water" that kills me in an instant (even though there are schools of fish swimming around in there, go figure http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif )

Any help appreciated.

Thanks!

Shuzer
03-27-2004, 09:41 PM
I had to do this part over atleast 15 times before i got past it (realistic setting)

Basically, take out the first 4 guards after you press the button, head to the right and sprint, throw grenades right when you see the ropes drop, the mercs should slide down and get blown away immediately
Repeat this when the second chopper drops mercs in

It took me many tries to get it right, seeing as how those were cyborg mercs that could kill me in 2 bullets and wouldn't die http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Either way, grenades are your best bet

D.carb
03-27-2004, 11:45 PM
I used the rockets on both the planes. IF you hit 'em, they go down (not just fly away). As a matter of fact, one of them broke up right over the courtyard and the nose barely missed hitting my head.

quillan
03-27-2004, 11:57 PM
I spent all my time inside the room where I triggered the explosion, shooting out at them from the doorway. There's a ton of mercs there, but I eventually got through them. Once you do get to the vent pipe, you have to shoot a padlock off of it to open it.

Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

TheMadCelt
03-28-2004, 10:19 AM
Thanks for the tips, guys!

I had no idead about that padlock; maybe I CAN make it through before the choppers get there. I'll have to try it.

Cheers!

DJXput
03-28-2004, 11:51 AM
ya this part was tough I was playing on realistic setting also. As a matter of fact I was playing the whole game so far on realistic setting and I would play it where if I died in any part of the level I would start over again (the whole level).

Only 2x did I skip this ie once on the carrier level and then this regulator deal.

After the regulator end I didnt think I could keep playing that way ie if I died I did the whole level all over again (begginging of the level not the last save).

It actually took me more like 30-40 times to beat it lol. But I would take out the first 4-5 guys right away with my m16 then go in the room with my mp5 to the left and sit on the counter with my night-vision on and throw rocks to get them to come in. I would have my sites set to aim at their heads (those mercs with the body armor wouldnt die quick enough before they would blow me away. And the right side must have more light and they spotted me sooner; anyways so after about 5 times doing it this way I killed them all. The mp5 lets you kill one sometimes without another knowing where the shot came from.

anyways; that part was tough; I might try this way again with one less difficulty because I like trying to play the game as realistic as I can ie trying not to die at all. And if I do start at the start of the level. After the 3rd time dying to the helicopter in the carrier level I just 'allowed' myself to reload after save if I died from the helicopter; but the regulator level just pissed me off lol.

great game thou...

who needs 1/2 life

chris_3cs
03-28-2004, 12:02 PM
grrr, im stuck on that spot right now too :\ I'm taking a break from it riht now :0

Darkhound85
03-28-2004, 12:07 PM
Just basically do what the guy above said. Just kill the 4 guards from inside the room by moving round the room in an arc so you can see and kill all 4. Use CryVision to see them better. Then just sprint up the right side, and IGNORE the choppers - slow down just before you get to the vent (you need to or your accuracy goes to ****) and shoot the padlock, then jump in the pipe, then make sure you courch to get under the pipe going across the pipe otherwise you will get stuck and shot in the back.