PDA

View Full Version : Far Cry 3 CD Key/Activation Code?

B0HICAH
12-04-2012, 09:05 PM
Hey, I (like many here, I bet.) got FC3 via AMD's Never Settle promotion. I have successfully downloaded the game and it is currently in my uplay launcher library.

I cannot launch the game without entering an activation code, and I don't know where to find this. I entered the code AMD sent me, but that is the same code I used to order the game in the first place and it didn't accept it as an activation code.

In short, where can I find the activation code/cd key so I can play my game?

DrBobUK
12-04-2012, 09:16 PM
Lucky - the game isn't even in my Uplay library even though I have an order confirmation e-mail.

The e-mail in question didn't contain a download link or a serial. Yours should. If it doesn't, contact technical support.

TheMadHatterxxx
12-05-2012, 01:19 AM
Lucky - the game isn't even in my Uplay library even though I have an order confirmation e-mail.

The e-mail in question didn't contain a download link or a serial. Yours should. If it doesn't, contact technical support.

My email didn't contain a download link or serial either! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Loktar.com
12-05-2012, 02:06 PM
i had the same problem with the cd and just found out how to find it. track your order from the link in the email fillmyorder .com it will show you your cd key. would it have been to hard to give you the cd key in the same email as the download link ubisoft?

Mine doesn't even have that in my order history :?just the game, no download no serial, doesn't show up in my games library via uplay either.

ParagonStar
12-06-2012, 12:24 AM
I'm in the same situation as many others; no email with instructions, and order history page shows my order but without a download link or code. I created a support ticket yesterday, but have not yet received a reply.

Loktar.com
12-06-2012, 12:57 AM
Yeah I just ended up grabbing it on Steam :? I didn't feel like waiting any longer. Pretty **** frustrating though since I was counting on getting this for free.

DrBobUK
12-06-2012, 11:57 AM
Yeah I just ended up grabbing it on Steam :? I didn't feel like waiting any longer. Pretty **** frustrating though since I was counting on getting this for free.

I'd do the same, but Ubisoft's new releases aren't available on the UK Steam Store!

Heinrich145
12-07-2012, 12:06 AM
If you bought it through Steam, go to your Steam library, right click on your Far Cry 3, and lick on View CD Key

If you bought it Hard Copy or any other way, I won't be any help to you guys.

Slacker806
12-07-2012, 01:35 AM
Found it!

Guys, its hard to miss, but the cd key is in the email with the download links, just above the buttons. For me, the text was the same color as the background. Smart one, Ubi

Docjon
12-07-2012, 06:22 AM
Found it!

Guys, its hard to miss, but the cd key is in the email with the download links, just above the buttons. For me, the text was the same color as the background. Smart one, Ubi

Nice work Slacker806! Yeah, it's in the email that, for me, was titled,"UBIShop, Product Now Available". Now to see if it works. . .

(time passes)

IT WORKS! All because of some bad HTML on the activation email. The code was hidden in a block of black!

DrBobUK
12-07-2012, 11:43 AM
Found it!

Nope.

Mr_Shade
12-07-2012, 11:45 AM
Guys - you should have keys in the email with the download instructions.

If you do not, please contact Ubishop support or check your online orders for it.

trustno1foxm
12-07-2012, 12:09 PM
I already did, there is no key, no dl button! Support Ticket written -> still waiting for over 1 week!!

Ryoukoo
12-07-2012, 04:35 PM
I have the exact same problem I got the first email with the order number but still haven't received the second email. This is so annoying I knew I shouldn't of bothered with Ubisoft! I am still waiting for them to email me back I have called them multiple times and have received nothing but stuff I already knew. Ubisoft sucks.

ChillerDeath
12-08-2012, 03:13 AM
I received a welcome to uplay email and that is it. Followed the instructions in AMD's email, did the entire shopping cart & promo thing, then... nothing.

Just submitted a ticket with support, so I guess I won't hear back until next week as they are closed on the weekends. My luck, this happened on Friday at 8PM.

cisc022
12-08-2012, 04:28 AM
I received a welcome to uplay email and that is it. Followed the instructions in AMD's email, did the entire shopping cart & promo thing, then... nothing.

Just submitted a ticket with support, so I guess I won't hear back until next week as they are closed on the weekends. My luck, this happened on Friday at 8PM.

Wouldnt have mattered imo...i punched in my code on 12-2-12, got my confirmation email on 12-4-12 with no key or means of downloading farcry 3 so i opened up a ticket the same day (tuesday) and have yet to hear from them...So i called this morning and they told me that they are waiting for a response from a third party that handles the online purchases and when they get a response from them then we can expect a response in return...

Never experienced business practices like this before...its pretty surreal and makes you really appreciate Steam.

clyton
12-08-2012, 06:40 AM
Same boat as all of you but I thought it might have been my fault because I thought they might have sent the key to an old blocked email account. I finally got it unblocked and checked but have no emails from them so they have yet to even send me my key it has only been about 2 days for me but I have never seen a company do business like this and after hearing most of you not getting responses for a week I think I will endure the same please come back and post what happens so the rest of us have hope that they make this right and finally give us our codes.

lewdvig
12-08-2012, 07:09 AM
I am a week in with no AC3 or FC3.

DemoniCEVL
12-08-2012, 09:48 AM
I can't even add my retail Far Cry 3 key to uplay. There's no option for it anywhere, so I can't download the game... FAQ says cd keys are handled automatically... how? Can uPlay magically see what games I have in my possession?

GlitchyCorpse
12-08-2012, 07:59 PM
Same problems as others. Got far cry 3 through a Samsung SSD promo, went and entered the key etc back at the end of November. It shows up as a purchased item but the day of release the email I received contained no key or download links. If I check the order manually it only has the option for viewing the receipt. No key/no link. My ticket in with support has gone unanswered. I will NEVER purchase a game directly through Ubisoft as a result of this. If I had just bought this game through Steam like I was going to I would already be playing.

clyton
12-08-2012, 10:14 PM
Same problems as others. Got far cry 3 through a Samsung SSD promo, went and entered the key etc back at the end of November. It shows up as a purchased item but the day of release the email I received contained no key or download links. If I check the order manually it only has the option for viewing the receipt. No key/no link. My ticket in with support has gone unanswered. I will NEVER purchase a game directly through Ubisoft as a result of this. If I had just bought this game through Steam like I was going to I would already be playing.

Same but I have no email from them or order history this is pathetic I was am getting zero help from AMD and from Ubisoft. AMD runs the promotion and Ubisoft is suppose to provide the games but neither is helping AMD just blames Ubisoft and Ubisoft won't answer me. I am done with Ubisoft after this treatment I will never pay for another Ubisoft game again. I understand the piracy mentality PC games have because treating paying customers like this is total ********.

cisc022
12-09-2012, 01:57 AM
Same but I have no email from them or order history this is pathetic I was am getting zero help from AMD and from Ubisoft. AMD runs the promotion and Ubisoft is suppose to provide the games but neither is helping AMD just blames Ubisoft and Ubisoft won't answer me. I am done with Ubisoft after this treatment I will never pay for another Ubisoft game again. I understand the piracy mentality PC games have because treating paying customers like this is total ********.

Well technically all the keys AMD provided worked, got my steam games smoothly and ubisoft accepted my AMD farcry key..Unlike steam ubisoft just failed to provide the the product.

Well 6 days after punching my code in and 4 days post release i still havnt heard a god ****ed thing from ubisoft...It sucks but at the same time i find this kinda funny.

shifternajt
12-09-2012, 02:16 AM
Same deal here, got the code from AMD, entered the code to purchase the game from the ubisoft store.. that worked.. downloaded it.. went to run it and had to enter a product registration key which was sent in the email following my subscription to ubisoft.. tried to enter the key provided withing.. was told it's already in use.. i have all of the emails to prove the purchase.. and they'd better get this **** working.. i don't understand how i can purchase something from the ubisoft store, and then them say it's not registered to my account.. wth?

lewdvig
12-09-2012, 03:48 AM
Tech support says my order was cancelled by digital river support, might have happened to lots of us. Promised me a new code.

Problem is, this happened on AC3 and FC3 - games, as in plural.

DrBobUK
12-09-2012, 02:58 PM
9 days after the UK release, and still no code or resolution.

Loktar.com
12-09-2012, 07:42 PM
Im still waiting as well... really annoying. I paid $500 for my video card, and got a sweet promotion. The only game on it I wanted was Farcry 3, and figures it was the only one to have any issues.

clyton
12-10-2012, 12:09 AM
Seriously a joke they really should have had this figured out from the start sending out codes that will work is not that hard all of their competitors do it and I have never once had a problem with Steam or Origin regarding something like this but first time ever activating a game through Uplay like this and bam nothing at all take my promo code use it and then don't give me a game for it or any email to help me give proof. I seriously want to argue for a Steam key because I am staying the **** away from Uplay after I am done with Far Cry 3.

clyton
12-10-2012, 12:12 AM
Well technically all the keys AMD provided worked, got my steam games smoothly and ubisoft accepted my AMD farcry key..Unlike steam ubisoft just failed to provide the the product.

Well 6 days after punching my code in and 4 days post release i still havnt heard a god ****ed thing from ubisoft...It sucks but at the same time i find this kinda funny.

Yes technically but if your **** isn't working the way your selling it to customers and saying o buy this and we will give you this for free and it is providing incentive for people to purchase your product you could at least make sure things are setup to have things work and if they don't you should be willing to try figuring things out with the companies you do business with to see why your customer is having such a negative experience. Because honestly after this and the lack of empathy or help from both newegg and AMD I am going intel and nvidia next build and will look for a better vendor then newegg because I would never let my company have customers pay for something and then not be given it 1 week later with little to no compensation for the time and energy they are having to put into getting something they already have bought.

Thrombozyt
12-10-2012, 01:58 PM
@clyton

Nvidia has the same problem with its AC3 promo, so it isnt AMDs fault, its only Ubisofts fault....

I'm waiting for my FC3 and AC3 keys too... and no reply from the costumer service for one week...

GlitchyCorpse
12-11-2012, 02:21 AM
Ended up tweeting @UbisoftSupport and actually got a response from someone unlike my still unanswered support ticket. Sounds like Digital River has screwed up big time with not issuing keys for users. Might be nice if people that were waiting for a reply from Ubi would actually get one though. While I cant confirm it will be fixed for everyone they are looking into it.

Dubkin79
12-11-2012, 02:29 AM
I got the CD key but no download link. Just a message that the game will appear under 'my games in a few minutes'. It's been two days. Created a ticket the day I placed the order and today got a reply telling me to update my graphics drivers? Wha? Brutal, brutal tech support.

Dubkin79
12-11-2012, 02:31 AM
Does anywhere know where to find the download link? I have my order number. I have my CD key. I should be good to go...

limetree
12-11-2012, 03:17 AM
I have my order number from ordering it with AMD code. But never recieved any activation code, and never recieved download link. I've filed two support tickets. The first ticket had an answer specifying I'd get another Email At release.

I never did. I sent them a reply and no answer has occured sense.

a couple days ago I opened up a new ticket, and have recieved no response. This pretty much the worse support I've ever seen.

kaisterbahn
12-11-2012, 04:16 AM
I got the CD key but no download link. Just a message that the game will appear under 'my games in a few minutes'. It's been two days. Created a ticket the day I placed the order and today got a reply telling me to update my graphics drivers? Wha? Brutal, brutal tech support.

Lucky. I made my support ticket going on 8 days ago about getting nothing after completing the redemption purchase, and got one response a few days ago saying 'oh, sorry'. Still nothing.

I'm hoping to at least get a key so I can try plugging it into Steam. This s****y DRM serves to do nothing but drive people to torrenting, and rightfully so.

LaneMax_BH
12-11-2012, 09:31 PM
THIS IS SOME F#$%ING BULL SH*$ ITS BEEN 11 DAYS and NO CODE from ubisoft, I will NEVER purchase from ubisoft ever again!

TheMadHatterxxx
12-12-2012, 12:03 AM
THIS IS SOME F#$%ING BULL SH*$ ITS BEEN 11 DAYS and NO CODE from ubisoft, I will NEVER purchase from ubisoft ever again!

Same here, this is a ****ing joke. It's been a week since the game was released still no cd key still no download link.

ARE THEY JUST IGNORING US AND HOPING WE ALL FORGET AND GO AWAY??!

PtownDavey
12-12-2012, 04:30 AM
one week and still no email with a code or download link

Thrombozyt
12-12-2012, 02:18 PM
I got an answer from the Ubisoft support, that there was a problem in my purchase and that i will get a mail a new mail with my key and the DL-Link...

But he didnt say when i get this mail....

Dave513271
12-12-2012, 05:47 PM
Piss poor service, I'm in the same boat as everyone else here. Has anyone gotten confirmation that they actually will address this problem at some point?

In all honesty the people pirating this game are getting better support in the torrent sites chat rooms than we are at Ubisoft.

LaneMax_BH
12-12-2012, 05:53 PM
I never would have thought that there would be a worse service than Windows Live until now... :mad:

limetree
12-12-2012, 08:22 PM
Piss poor service, I'm in the same boat as everyone else here. Has anyone gotten confirmation that they actually will address this problem at some point?

In all honesty the people pirating this game are getting better support in the torrent sites chat rooms than we are at Ubisoft.

Yeah extremely vague. They admit a problem, not timetable though. here's email

Hello David,

What I have found is that there was an issue with how the order connected to the Digital River download servers and it is not fully complete. This is why it did not offer a download or activation key for the purchase. The problem has been escalated and they think that they have found the issue and it should be repaired soon. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Chris
Ubisoft Support

LaneMax_BH
12-12-2012, 09:53 PM
I'm about to file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission at ftc.gov! 12 days with no product, this is fraud!

DrBobUK
12-12-2012, 10:59 PM
Does it surprise you when people can pirate the game without any issues?

Step up your game, Ubisoft.

Dave513271
12-12-2012, 11:52 PM
That's what irritates me so much, it's easier to get far cry 3 illegally than legitimately

TheMadHatterxxx
12-13-2012, 01:29 AM
Yeah extremely vague. They admit a problem, not timetable though. here's email

Hello David,

What I have found is that there was an issue with how the order connected to the Digital River download servers and it is not fully complete. This is why it did not offer a download or activation key for the purchase. The problem has been escalated and they think that they have found the issue and it should be repaired soon. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Chris
Ubisoft Support

Same email I got on December 4th

Layer07301974
12-13-2012, 04:10 AM
Ha. I also got a reply from Chris (is he the only email support guy?) but he wasn't as knowledgeable about the situation when I inquired on the 4th. I had to call support on the 7th so get the information that it was Digital River having the issue. The rep I talked to said they have had this issue for a while, first with the AC3 codes from nVidia. He also said that Digital River thought they had the issue resolved numerous times, but yet it still remains broken for many of us waiting on our game.

Jasper902
12-13-2012, 12:42 PM
This is unbelieveable. At least respond to the tickets, that would be a start. I could feel a little better about this with a response and an eta. Get a bunch of keys and start sending them out manually. Do something.

DoomU
12-14-2012, 12:58 AM
There is no reason for this delay. I will be giving them HELL Friday!! I want to talk to someone that will or will not help. Not some one that can't! They should give us all a free game for the delay!!!! They could easly give out codes and download links. I'm sure if I put in a credit card it would work. Maybe that is what I should do. Then just refuse the charge.:mad:

lewdvig
12-14-2012, 01:57 AM
They don't care. I fully expect support to tell me to pirate the game.

I have vouchers for AC3 and FC3 that failed.

Ubi owes me two games. I pay for everything and this is how they treat me. Meanwhile pirates laugh.

JagdpantherX
12-14-2012, 02:10 AM
Still no key here

Really emberacing for Ubi and Digital River.

The people at Ubi seem to hint to us that its Digital River's fault, but I am having trouble believing that. I dont understand why they can't just hook us up with a normal download, because its only the guys using the coupons that got screwed.

cisc022
12-14-2012, 09:59 PM
10 days since launch and not a single response from these *******s...time to look up that BBB link from these very forums lol.

Jasper902
12-15-2012, 05:45 AM
Guess there's no hope for actually being able to play this weekend since support doesn't seem to exist on weekends.

I've seen some dumb situations over the years but this is pathetic. You know there's a problem so hire some kids in India to start emailing keys to the customers you owe them to.

Jasper902
12-15-2012, 05:46 AM
Funny he promo codes came from a "never settle" promotion. And we are supposed to settle for this mess.

TheMadHatterxxx
12-15-2012, 07:35 AM
Guys just an update, please check your invoice/order again, I noticed that mine was updated with what seems like a cd key but no download link yet. I have no idea what that even means for us.

cisc022
12-15-2012, 11:27 AM
Well they ended up giving me another code for another far cry 3 copy since that rivergate scandal screwed up the original codes and they even upgraded my standard copy to deluxe and gave me a free game code for any game in the uplay store, So barring any more technical difficulties i gotta give ubisoft props for sorting this out and going outta there way to make up for the rivergate set back.

Jasper902
12-15-2012, 12:39 PM
Well hopefully they are working through the list. Really dissapointed I can't try it out this weekend. It was nice they did something for you.

JagdpantherX
12-15-2012, 05:09 PM
I got that email too, its nice Ubisoft is repairing relations with us. My faith is restored, but I still can't download far cry 3 lol

DrBobUK
12-15-2012, 06:41 PM
And now we play the waiting game. Again.

ParagonStar
12-16-2012, 04:40 AM
I'm in the same situation as everyone else; waiting for escalation and resolution to the problem. What would be great is if they would just issue me a steam key for the game and skip all the crappy digital river stuff. I'm wondering what the odds are that I'll get to play this on my holiday vacation? Probably very low.

lewdvig
12-16-2012, 05:09 AM
I got a nice email from Ubi giving me FC3 and DLC.

They also gave a code for any pc download game free. It did not work of course.

Also, they have not resolved my AC3 voucher issue.

But it is a start. It took about two weeks, to get half my issues resolved.

unhomer
12-16-2012, 07:48 AM
Just tried to activate this game using the AMD promo I bought.

Was all smooth sailing till I hit Ubisoft's Uplay ==".

Used the code, webpage tells me I'll receive a confirmation, Nope not received.
Link to view order history, which is very well hidden, lists nothing!?!

Soooo yea, awesome webpage design & implementation of a digital download.

Reading the comments here, I wonder how long it'll take for my ticket to be responded to *sighs*, steam ftw.

Fast_Hot_Rod
12-16-2012, 05:52 PM
I had the same issues... I finally figured it out, but it certainly shouldn't have been so difficult. :rolleyes:

I have the AMD Never Settle bundle, so I got the e-mail that listed each game and their download code. For Far Cry 3, I went to:

http://shop.ubi.com/amdfarcry

I used the Promo Code from the Never Settle e-mail to drop the price to zero, added a backup disk to my order for $7 and finished the process. From there, I was able to download Far Cry 3.

I saw that the game was downloaded into a folder on my desktop called 'downloads' so I opened it up and saw that it contained Far Cry 3. I clicked the first one and saw it install... and this is where I hit the brick wall. :mad:

UPlay installed and I didn't get any error messages, but for some dumb reason Far Cry 3 didn't appear in my Games folder. A quick search brought me here to the Forum, where I saw this post from rexexmachina (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/730636-Far-Cry-3-Not-showing-up-in-Uplay-and-no-Email-with-key?p=8765069&viewfull=1#post8765069) that explained where UBI installed the game files:

*User/appdata/local/temp/FarCry3/bin

I ran the farcry3 application in the bin folder, and the game now appears in my UPlay account. Why it was installed in a Temp folder instead of a 'Ubisoft' folder I have no idea... bad programming code from Ubi?

Anyway, so when I tried to run the game, I was hit with the game code mesage. I tried to use the one from the Never Settle bundle, but it didn't work (obviously) so I went back and checked to see if I had received an e-mail from Ubisoft... the only one I had was the UBIShop - Order Confirmation e-mail, but it didn't have an activation code. :mad:

The one thing it DID have was my order number... and a link to view my order. What I had missed was the following message:

Note: If your order contains download products, you can complete the download by looking up your order using the information and link below. When the order summary appears, click on the Download link next to the product name. If your order contains physical products, you will receive a separate email notification when your products have shipped.

Note: If you order is a PC Download Pre Order, you will receive an additional email on the product's release date which will give you directions for finding your serial key and download link for your Pre Ordered product.

If you have any questions about the shipment of your product or Ubisoft's return policy, please click here (https://shop.ubi.com/store?Action=DisplayHelpPage&Env=BASE&Locale=en_US&SiteID=ubina) to visit Ubishop's Help Page.

To look up your order, please visit: http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubina/en_US/help (http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubina/en_US/help)

So I just went ahead and clicked the link to look up my order. I entered my order number and sure enough, there was my CD code sitting there at the bottom of the order:

FarCry3_DownloadManager_en.exe

Serial Key: Your activation key will be delivered in your Order Confirmation email or the email sent to you when your pre-order releases. XXX -XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXX
PC
Electronic Download

I copied the CD code over from my web browser into UPlay, and now I'm able to play Far Cry 3.

It NEVER should have taken this much effort to get this game to run... but that's typical of my experience with Ubisoft. I was turned off by them years ago when games I bought wouldn't run worth a crap, even with good hardware... remember that POS Splinter Cell: Double Agent?

I have tried like hell to stay away from Ubisoft just for reasons like this... and I was hoping that perhaps they had changed their tune a bit over the years... I guess I was wrong.

I hope that this helps you guys get your game installed... if not, good luck with dealing with Ubisoft. :rolleyes:

Jasper902
12-17-2012, 03:41 AM
Thanks for the info, I'm sure it will help someone.

Most of us are in a different boat. We did'nt get the download link at all or activation codes. There was a problem with digital river

But yes I agree,the process with uplay is overly complex. With the never settle promo I got 2 steam games which took me acouple minutes to register and then there is far cry. Even if the link came it's still a crazy process that must drive people nuts.

ParagonStar
12-17-2012, 04:03 PM
I am making progress. I received an email today with an activation code for my Far Cry 3. It had instructions on how to use the key but those instructions were dependent on having the game downloaded and installed, and sadly the email did not include a link or instructions on how to actually get the game.

Support ticket updated, and back to waiting.

limetree
12-17-2012, 04:25 PM
New Email, however now, despite what it says, I've recieved no download option or activation key. Nor have been offered another free copy. I will update, if they do send it. But normally you do not respond with "it has been solved" unless it has been solved.

Hello David,

I have received information from the Ubishop Online Store support team that they have finally resolved the issue that customers were having with promo code purchases. Some of the issues they were able to resolve by completing the order and offering the download option and activation key for the affected purchase. Some orders unfortunately they were not able to process successfully. What they have done for those customers is to offer another free copy of the game that they ordered and have sent emails with instructions on how to obtain their purchase. I do apologize for the time that this issue took to resolve and I have been given reassurance from the Ubishop store-ops team that this issue will not happen again. If you have any other questions or issues please let me know.

Chris
Ubisoft Support

ParagonStar
12-17-2012, 04:36 PM
limetree,
My support ticket was updated the same way, and I found the email from UbiShop Customer support in my gmail spam folder. Granted, while it contained an activation code, it did not include a way to actually download the game.

Jasper902
12-17-2012, 06:42 PM
I got the same email, no activation code or download link, just the assurance it's all fixed.

This is actually getting entertaining is some sick way :(

limetree
12-17-2012, 10:30 PM
Thanks. IT was in gmail spambox! So anyone with gmail should search their spambox I got Assasins Creed 3 deluxe edtion with code too...

LOL I like ubisoft now. The annoyance was worth a free game and dlc.

JagdpantherX
12-17-2012, 10:52 PM
I also got a email that the FC3 issue was fixed and done, yet I haven't received my FC3 yet. I did get a free code for another game and a code to upgrade to a deluxe ed. FC3, but I have not received the actual download for FC3. I'd hate it if they made it so I had to use that free code for FC3, because the way they worded it that's not how its supposed to be done.

Jesus christ how hard can this issue be lol. I mean seriously, upload the game and give people a link manually if you have to. Oh well at least I got a free game for free. Can't argue with that.

LaneMax_BH
12-17-2012, 11:23 PM
Chris is a lying little b!tch...

Jasper902
12-17-2012, 11:30 PM
Checked my spam box......nothing

So let me get this straight, some of you are getting FC3 + AC3? Now that would go a long way towards fixing this. If they are sending you a code for 1 free game and you need to use it for FC3 then I'm really not impressed

limetree
12-18-2012, 12:02 AM
They gave me 2 codes. They gave me one to rebuy Far Cry 3.

They gave me an extra promo code for free game at ubisoft store. I used it to buy Assasins Creed 3 Deluxe Edition Digital Download (original edition didn't work). I got confirmation for AC3 with a serial number, and a downloader that actually works.

This was an aweful situation, and took way too long. I started my ticket Dec 1. However imo they compensated me fairly, and I will deal with ubisoft again, despite thinking there was no way I would before. Hopefully they have their crap together now.

edit: WOOO IT WORKS!

ParagonStar
12-18-2012, 12:53 AM
While it took longer than I would have liked, I am finally downloading Far Cry 3. Thanks to Chris and all the others in the support department at Ubi for working with me to get the issue resolved.

The bonus DLC and promo code for future title go a long way to winning to me over, but the professional and prompt replies to my support ticket inquires were the real win.

JagdpantherX
12-18-2012, 01:04 AM
WOO finally downloading FCIII thanks to Chris and the rest of the support team.

Was very disappointed in Ubisoft before but they definitely know how to pay for their mistakes.

FC III Delux edition and ACIII Deluxe edition. Really nice, I might be shopping at ubisoft again later.

Jasper902
12-18-2012, 01:05 AM
You got prompt responses?

By the time mine gets fixed it's going to be for Far Cry 4. ;)

Looks like they are getting some people fixed up though.

Jasper902
12-18-2012, 01:22 AM
Where are their offices? I'm trying to figure out when they are actually in.

Dave513271
12-18-2012, 08:47 PM
but the professional and prompt replies to my support ticket inquires were the real win.

Yea that wasnt my experience at all... the first two responses essentially blamed me for the problem telling me to update my drivers and do a specialized boot which was the same advice given to others on the forums. Every response after that I had to pull from them by updating my ticket at which point I got more generic responses telling me that the problem would be fixed sometime in the future. Now I'm at the point where they said the problem is essentailly fixed even though there has been absolutly no follow up email or download link letting me know how to get farcry 3. ticket was put in December the 7th.

Jasper902
12-18-2012, 10:36 PM
I just got a response with a code to download Farcry 3 deluxe. We'll see if it works.

They didn't give me an additional promo code for anything else though. Can't say I'm impressed.

DrBobUK
12-23-2012, 05:42 PM
Still waiting on Far Cry 3.

This truly is terrible customer service.

FallingSkies310
12-26-2012, 05:19 PM
Hello, I am trying to find out my CD key but nothing is working. I have tried using my Promo code, and another one on a giant card thing from buying the video card. I have only received one email saying congradulations on buying the card. Far Cry 3 is in my games section in Uplay. it is also on my desktop in my "downloads" folder.. I go to run it and it gives me the CD key message.... any suggestions?

ipwnub
12-31-2012, 12:04 AM
How do you send a ticket?

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
12-31-2012, 08:20 PM
How do you send a ticket?

http://support.ubi.com/ then click 'Ask a Question'

upendra2013
01-02-2013, 02:06 PM
:coo
l:
Hey, I (like many here, I bet.) got FC3 via AMD's Never Settle promotion. I have successfully downloaded the game and it is currently in my uplay launcher library.

I cannot launch the game without entering an activation code, and I don't know where to find this. I entered the code AMD sent me, but that is the same code I used to order the game in the first place and it didn't accept it as an activation code.

In short, where can I find the activation code/cd key so I can play my game?

eliasthom2002
01-07-2013, 02:05 AM
I can not work out the CD key can't they just make it come with the game

HackinJesus515
01-07-2013, 02:19 AM
Its really not that hard go to the Site u downloaded the game from log in and go to order history very easy i dont understand how u havent found it yet. This is for the Amd Never settle game bundle promotion, i do not know how the others work but i assume they are the exact same way.

Site on the Card its a ubisoft site i believe cannot remember\

THE CODE FOR ACTIVIATION IS IN THE ORDER HISTORY

DrBobUK
01-07-2013, 07:59 PM
Its really not that hard go to the Site u downloaded the game from log in and go to order history very easy i dont understand how u havent found it yet. This is for the Amd Never settle game bundle promotion, i do not know how the others work but i assume they are the exact same way.

Site on the Card its a ubisoft site i believe cannot remember\

THE CODE FOR ACTIVIATION IS IN THE ORDER HISTORY

Gosh, why didn't anyone else think of that?

C.Seth
01-07-2013, 09:33 PM
I finally figured out where my CD-Key was.

It took me a day to figure it out but I just simply went back to the email I got after receiving the downloadable link for the game and scanned through for my CD-KEY/Activation Code this is where I found it.

hope that helps!!!

http://i46.tinypic.com/29fyz2e.png

Ubi-Lhainiev
01-07-2013, 09:45 PM
Thank you for sharing this C.Seth!

DrBobUK
01-09-2013, 11:54 AM
Well I finally got a response from Ubisoft Support with a new promo code but no other compensation.

I told them that I had already bought Far Cry 3 off Steam and they simply marked my issue as 'resolved'.

Manualrx
01-12-2013, 03:54 AM
For anyone still struggling to find out what to do when you download and install the game and attempt to play, but are asked to enter an activation code/ game key and when you do, you get an erro message stating that the code in not valid... here is the answer:
Sign into uPlay
Find the tab that is labeled Order History,
select the game that you ordered,
and on the screen that opens you will find your order with the new game code to enter into the game start splash screen.

Wouldnt it be nice if these companies realized that a frustrating experience after a purchase is BAD FOR FUTURE BUSINESS ???
How simple to list this procedure ANYWHERE along the way OR on the website.

Now enjoy imagine those FarCry 3 bad guys are the company execs... and enjoy!

artgirldigital
01-17-2013, 05:29 AM
I went through the process of acquiring the ubisoft promo code. I added Farcry 3 standard edition to the checkout. I added the promo code in the checkout area, but the price of Farcry still remains $49.99, even though it doesn't reject my code. WTF?

bodhead72
01-20-2013, 08:23 PM
Hello!
Does anybody know what could Far Cry 3 activation code?
Thanks in advance for answers.

Ubi-Lhainiev
01-21-2013, 04:23 PM
Hi Artgirl digital - Please create a ticket to support by clicking on the “Ask a Question” tab on the top of the page at http://support.ubi.com/ , they will be happy to help you with this.

Alternatively, you may call them. You can find the Support Team in your region here: http://www.ubi.com/US/Support/InternationalSupport.aspx

Hi Bodhead72 - Could you please clarify what your issue is? Thank you!

RokasAlmonaitis
01-24-2013, 10:34 PM
to game play me
:rolleyes:

loveabhi
02-02-2013, 12:33 PM
where i found activation key?

helen_b_bear
03-19-2013, 10:38 AM
loveabhi - Right click your game in Steam and one of the options is View CD Key.

Dear Ubi,

You cannot COPY and PASTE the activation code from Steam into the Ubi box, wtf!?!?!

So after carefully setting up the screen so I could see my key and the UBI box to enter it I then get a message that THE UBI SERVERS ARE TOO BUSY.

WTF!

I've played this game since Xmas and NOW you are re-asking me for my key and because your server is unavailable I can't play?

Why can't I play single player????????

WHY DO I HAVE TO CONNECT TO YOUR FLAMING SERVER TO PLAY THE SINGLE PLAYER GAME??????????????

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad:

Tully__
04-28-2013, 04:58 AM
Ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Please use English on these forums, or post your questions at http://forums-es.ubi.com/forum.php

Traducción por translate.google.com
Utilice Inglés en estos foros, o enviar sus preguntas a http://forums-es.ubi.com/forum.php