PDA

View Full Version : multiplayer tutorial

fooyee
08-11-2004, 02:29 AM
I was playing a multiplayer game on the BSR server today and Ruggbutt and a few other players, like myself were getting really frustrated at fellow team members who don't touch the flag as it's sounding during assault.

It seems simple enough, but I realized that there really isn't any training mechanism built in the game. Tutorials have become pretty standard for today's games. Far Cry's single player starts the player off by going over the basic keyboard commands, why not do something similar with multiplayer? Of course i realize this is because of the lack of time in the development schedule but it is only a suggestion.

Teach new players the differences between classes and their purposes. In addition to this go over the rules of Assault matches. To take the training session a bit further, how about going over some basic strategies in working as a team. For instance, it generally isn't a good idea for everybody to leave the flag unguarded. Perhaps go over tips, such as the lens flare of scope weapons.

This is mostly stuff that many players have already found on their own, but it would help new players get up to speed. Maybe even make the tutorial mandatory.

I guess this is just a bit of me ranting, but there's nothing more frustrating than watching Jack Carver watch the flag as the sirens are sounding.

www.fooyee.com (http://www.fooyee.com)

fooyee
08-11-2004, 02:29 AM
I was playing a multiplayer game on the BSR server today and Ruggbutt and a few other players, like myself were getting really frustrated at fellow team members who don't touch the flag as it's sounding during assault.

It seems simple enough, but I realized that there really isn't any training mechanism built in the game. Tutorials have become pretty standard for today's games. Far Cry's single player starts the player off by going over the basic keyboard commands, why not do something similar with multiplayer? Of course i realize this is because of the lack of time in the development schedule but it is only a suggestion.

Teach new players the differences between classes and their purposes. In addition to this go over the rules of Assault matches. To take the training session a bit further, how about going over some basic strategies in working as a team. For instance, it generally isn't a good idea for everybody to leave the flag unguarded. Perhaps go over tips, such as the lens flare of scope weapons.

This is mostly stuff that many players have already found on their own, but it would help new players get up to speed. Maybe even make the tutorial mandatory.

I guess this is just a bit of me ranting, but there's nothing more frustrating than watching Jack Carver watch the flag as the sirens are sounding.

www.fooyee.com (http://www.fooyee.com)

Thesharpshooter34
08-11-2004, 05:31 AM
Or maybe they could've just done a decent instruction manual...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v454/thesharpshooter34/thenewsig.jpg

digitalelite
08-11-2004, 06:03 AM
alot of ppl learn this stuff on there own ..
if u been playin multiplayer for a while u kinda snap into it quicker