PDA

View Full Version : Intellimouse 5.0 and Keystroke Binds

XyZspineZyX
12-09-2003, 02:30 AM
Has anyone figured out how to bind keystrokes to the side mouse buttons on a Microsoft mouse? I have the optical wireless bundle, and it appears that Intellimouse 5.0 doesn't allow you to bind keystrokes to buttons anymore. I've tried installing an older version of Intellimouse, but then my mouse doesn't function properly. Anyone solve this issue yet?

Thanks,

[DA]BoyScout

XyZspineZyX
12-09-2003, 02:30 AM
Has anyone figured out how to bind keystrokes to the side mouse buttons on a Microsoft mouse? I have the optical wireless bundle, and it appears that Intellimouse 5.0 doesn't allow you to bind keystrokes to buttons anymore. I've tried installing an older version of Intellimouse, but then my mouse doesn't function properly. Anyone solve this issue yet?

Thanks,

[DA]BoyScout

XyZspineZyX
12-09-2003, 06:35 AM
Hi i have a MS intellimouse optical w/ a cord. It has 5 buttons pretty sure its same or very similar to yours. I am using the 4.1 software because it has an option called "enable program specific buttons." Click on the icon in your task bar check the box at bottom left then click on settings. Then click add programs and browse to your RS folder. I assigned the left button to shift (zoom) and the right button to control (secondary fire), and the wheel button (open, climb etc etc) to space. When you start up RS and goto the control options if you click the side/wheel buttons the game will then recognize them as the buttons your programmed them. This only changes your buttons for RS and your regular mouse buttons outside RS wont be effected.

One thing to watch for is that for some unknown reason the game stops recognizing the side buttons at all. One game they will be working fine next round all the sudden they dont work. To fix this just alt-tab out and click on the mouse icon in your taskbar once you get back in the game they will work again. Becareful when you tab out usually its best to do it between rounds cause when you tab back in usually your gun will be firing and its possible to wipe out some teamates. Just some of those weird bugs. Hope this helps

Kevin