PDA

View Full Version : [PC] Download Speeds | Download Issues

Pages : [1] 2

Engioc
08-19-2012, 01:42 AM
Ok I just purchased Driver San Francisco for $1, and only because its so cheap otherwise I'd skip it all together. Now trying to download it via this stupid Uplay PC **** and the speeds are so slow its estimating anything from 25 to 50 hours at a speed of 80kbytes/s on a connection capable of 500+, why cant you have these things on a server with the ability to download it at a reasonable speed.

As I only payed $1 I'm contemplating not bothering to download it at all, the game aint that great and I cant be bothered leaving this Uplay PC **** running for two days.

xavdeman
08-19-2012, 11:15 AM
I am suffering from the same problem. My connection is capable of downloading at 10 megabyte/s, and I frequently reach that speed when downloading from internet sites, newsgroups, even torrents. Only in UPlay when downloading Driver: San Francisco, I only reach 265kb/s, and the game will take 8h37m to download. This is ridiculous. In that time I could drive to the store and pick up some other game that doesn't have DRM, and install it. Note to Ubisoft: Steam, your competitor from Valve, allows me to download at well over 8MB/s, almost all of the time. Get your act together!

sirgazbo
08-19-2012, 12:07 PM
Mine should take about 8 hours, I would say its down to a piss poor server they use and probably lots of people are downloading it so lots of traffic, but for a 1 i don't mind pausing it to do other things as long as it's downloaded within the 30 days period.

Crankyslap
08-19-2012, 12:23 PM
I should be able to reach 12.5 megabytes per sec, and I am getting 500 kilobytes per sec... nice.

I ended up getting the game files from usenet, took like 10 minutes rather than 8 hours.

Rizzan
08-19-2012, 12:23 PM
I am dowloading The Settlers VII and the more I have dowloaded the slower download gets. Through steam I always have speed of 7 mb/s + and through uplay I have like 200 kb/s.

Engioc
08-22-2012, 09:49 AM
Yep same here, I get way better speeds off STEAM and can download games just as large in far less time.

Edit
Your servers aren't just bad they are pathetic....I am still trying to download Driver San Francisco, and in 3 hours I have downloaded 24GB worth of games from STEAM.

Tommi_GT4
08-24-2012, 02:37 AM
Also getting abysmally slow download rates for Driver - San Francisco myself, been downloading since Monday night at around 9pm (UK Time) so far managed to get 3gb, my connection will easily download 8gb an hour using steam or origin, but uPllay is just taking the biscuit! I've turned off my firewall, set uPnP on router left all ports incoming/outgoing open and speeds still don't increase, it's currently telling me it'll be done in another 26 hours... absolutely ridiculous!

Varg007
08-30-2012, 11:08 PM
I have the same problem as all of the above. I have a 100Mbit connection but only get around 200Kb/sec during download on Uplay....Where is the hell is the Uplay server park located, on the Moon? :confused:

If Ubisoft wants to make it in the Digital Distribution platform bussiness, like Valve with Steam they have to extend their server park to give consumers a better user experience.

Varg007
11-02-2012, 01:19 PM
Download speeds on UPlay has increased a bit but it is still way too slow. It takes forever to download something with only 500 KB/sec average while I can easily get 12,5 MB/sec on Steam, go figure!

Gr0xy
11-03-2012, 10:37 AM
yeah have the same problem, I'm downloading Driver San Francisco sometimes like 24.1 kbytes/s... it sucks dude, now it's 484 kbytes/s and it's still is very slow. UPlay is just so crappy service compared to Steam.

Ubi-Mush
11-03-2012, 04:26 PM
Hi guys, have you contacted Technical Support about this?

kimkchr
11-17-2012, 03:30 PM
come on ubisoft download speed SUCKS plz fix

Varg007
11-17-2012, 08:08 PM

Yup but with no results yet.

JuiceWSA
12-27-2012, 01:59 AM

You mean sent an email to that black hole address?

Yep... crickets...

JuiceWSA
12-27-2012, 11:21 AM
Here's an update...

In 24 hours I've managed to get 688megs of an 8gig download of FarCry 3.

The download manager provided gets locked up in a stop-start cycle and stops downloading all together... just doing this dance of trying to start and blowing up.

Now, when I tried to initiate the download again I'm told I've exceeded my allotted 5 attemps and that's it for me!

Very clever. Put the game on a server incapable of delivering a download and giggle all the way to the bank.

Two messages to customer service and.... the crickets continue their love call.

robartpl
12-27-2012, 07:59 PM
got also speed issues, after 2 days I only get 36% of the game

http://i48.tinypic.com/zmijq1.jpg

with origin or steam I can download up to 10 MB/s

wrlckje
12-29-2012, 09:57 PM
Got the same problem here, this is the first and the last time I will buy something with Uplay!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/735843_467737203263398_1892055199_o.jpg

Mobb76
01-02-2013, 03:04 AM
Same story here with assassins creed 3. at least 5 hours for and install and just round 900kbps...never buying another ubi game again....

snoopyau
01-02-2013, 04:07 AM
Whats the pricing like on uGay/uPlay store compared to Steam ? Steam has some awesome sales but regional price rip offs quite a bit.

Gotta wounder if its quicker to borrow somone elses copy of the game , copy to the hdd and get Uplay to detect it on the hard drive and just wack in the serial ?Ive done that with some steam games. Borrow the retail disk off a few ppl at lan parties , copy the files into steam , steam picks it up and copies about 15 meg of new files

One of the clear advantages Steam has over uPlay + origin is it has regional servers. For me I can get 1meg or or 1000 Kb/sec speeds plus if the stuff is mirrored in Australia , its data quota free, it doesnt add to the 200 gig a month. When games are 5 to 15 gig these days plus gig updates, it adds up

essentian
01-02-2013, 08:01 PM
Server farm? I think it's just a singular server. 120~ KB/s is unacceptable. Fits with the whole ubisoft/uplay experience though.

tikopiko
01-02-2013, 09:30 PM
My Assassin's Creed 3 is downloading at about 290kilobytes on my 100/10 optical connection... can't even cancel and install from CD now. What gives?

ztron500
01-02-2013, 09:56 PM
My speedtest connection is 53.00mbs and I am only getting 1.0mb on my ac3 download,WTH.

oso2000
01-06-2013, 11:20 AM
It's super slow for me too. I got Assassin's Creed 3 and its taking forever to download on my 10mb connection. I was considering buying Far Cry 3 but considering how badly UPlay performs I will wait until they get their stuff fixed.

josot666
01-06-2013, 11:46 AM
The downloads are slow. We know that. But when you accept that and want to start a download of Assissin's Creed III it breaks in a few minutes. Random fails of the download. I can reclick the "again" button, but that meens I have to stay at my Keyb all the day and night.

I've started my download ad 12:30 on 05-01-2013 and it's now only at 21% with 9 hours to go... having said that, it has been stuck for the last 7hours cause I was sleeping. Download speed is at 395kb/s so it's not all that bad. Just not impressed about UBI and it's servers.

Ever tried looking at other game vendors UBI?

oso2000
01-06-2013, 02:49 PM
You are right, not only is it slow but it randomly stops time to time. I'm all for Steam and the like getting competition but UPlay quality of service is not there yet.

CaNoNFoDa
01-08-2013, 05:04 PM
im 'trying' to download farcry 3 for the 4th time!, im on a 60meg line and cannot get speeds about 250k. seriously i could code the quicker myself, do me and yourselves a favour and make your games available through steam. and as for it picking up where it stoppped, that is simply not happening.

I wont be using this uplay again, quite simply its enmbarrassing and you are showing yourself up... great games shoddily delivered

Ubi-Lhainiev
01-08-2013, 05:16 PM
Hello All - I can understand how frustrating it would be waiting for your games to download at such low speeds. I will forward this on to my superior so he can have it looked into, as I am noticing an influx of people reporting this.

CaNoNFoDa
01-10-2013, 04:04 PM
while you are at it why dont you get them to address the ridiculous login times. 10 minutes and its till logging in. Uplay is clearly a misnomer it should be UNOPlay

Ubi-Lhainiev
01-11-2013, 04:12 PM
I included that as well Canonfoda; thank you for the feedback.

Warp_1
01-13-2013, 07:38 PM
50-100 kb/s...running nonstop for 2 days...at 12% and estimates another 70h.

Last time i ever make an ubisoft purchase.
I strongly discourage others to spend their money here.

Ps:
Ubisoft...head over to Blizzard (where i'll be spending my money) and learn from a pro environment.

Krillick
01-17-2013, 02:21 AM
I've been downloading ACIII on my 50 meg connection all day. ALL day. I was worried about 15 gig breaking my fair usage cap, no need with 250kb/s.

This is atrocious.

qeezer
01-17-2013, 11:31 PM
Same here - AC3 downloading at 300kbps for most of the evening, 10 hours remaining on a connection that concurrently tests out at 43meg.

Only reason I'm using uplay is because of the "free" bundle with an Nvidia card, and as a result of this experience it will be my last purchase from here. Steam works acceptably, this simply does not.

Krillick
01-17-2013, 11:40 PM
After a download of over 24 hours the game will not install. After a catastrophic failure I reverified, rebooted uplay too because telling people there's an update available is too much hassle, right UBI? Now all I get for my trouble is either a locked up installer or a crash. So glad you guys don't have any of my money.

pete0967
01-19-2013, 10:12 AM
Been trying to download ACIII for the last few days and it's so far beyond a joke the joke isn't even big enough to be seen as a little dot behind me.

I will never buy a game through this company again. OK I got it cheap but I'd rather pay more and get a fast download, via Steam, than this crap.

Pathetic.

Ubi-Mush
01-19-2013, 08:03 PM
Hi guys, please contact Technical Support, the link is in my signature.

Arc90
01-22-2013, 12:49 AM
This donloader sucks fatter horse wang than steam, origin and blizzard downloader put together my friend with a 3mb connection gets 200kb thats acceptable but I got 30mb tahts 10x the speed and I get 50kb more, 250 is what alot of people seem to be stuck at and thats garbage, you know its trash when eevn someone on a 3mb connection is getting capped on speed. Abysmal. Seriously F U ubisoft tight b*stards buy some real servers.
Thank the lord i didnt have to pay for this crap. You will never get a penny from me I hope you go bankrupt and die with the other old washed up game companies that dont give a monkeys anymore.

Hi guys, please contact Technical Support, the link is in my signature.
Oh i bloody did but i stake everything i own that they aint gonna do jack all. The problem lies with the cheap servers, a genuinely terrible overall service.

Bilstar
01-22-2013, 01:13 PM
Having the same problem here.
Got AC3 on a deal when I bought a graphics card a while ago and am downloading now, have been for about 12 hours now. Shockingly slow. 200kbps-ish. I can stream 2 hi-def movies AND watch a bbc show on the iplayer AND stream music AT THE SAME TIME and the download speed stays the same 200kbps-ish. So I've got looooooads of spare bandwidth and Uplay just isn't using it. It said it's going to take about 24 hours!

I use Steam as do a lot of people. This download speed is just unacceptable for a service like this nowadays. What if someone has a day off work and thinks "Ill get a cool game from Uplay and play it all day"? They'll spend 30 for the pleasure of watching a downloading bar move very slowly. Very very poor show, chaps.

Also on the topic of contacting technical support- No I will not contact technical support! YOU can contact technical support and sort out your bloody service!

Good day.

Flafy
01-22-2013, 07:16 PM
I dl in this moment FC3... I have same problem... around 200 KB/s... and my internet speed alow me max 1,2 MB/s.. so ho I fix this... just pause dl several times... like I do.. and I get now almost full speed.http://i.imgur.com/Nf6K2Y8.png....

Arc90
01-23-2013, 10:33 AM
Yeh the downloader is no good if i have to press random buttons to get it to work..... if it works it should work on its own or it aint working properly. From now on im boycotting your games, in fact i think i will pirate them, even the ones i dont like just to teach you a lesson for imposing brutal DRMs and the worst download manager EVER. You will QQ about pirating forever more and i will just laugh at you causing your own demise. I cant wait until you crybabies give up on your ****ty ported broken PC game so nobody has to put up with them or with uplay EVER AGAIN. **** suckers

omoeols
01-24-2013, 01:37 PM
Ive been downloading ACIII since yesterday now... about 15 hours, Took me 2 days to download FC3... And another 2 days and another 2 days because of download errors... avg speeds now show 460Kb/s and Im on 100Mbit link capable of 10-12Mb/s... to compare these slow speeds, Ive on the side of these two games downloaded and installed every single other game I ever purchesed... And guess the size of all those games... 315Gb's... My first encounter with Uplay was good, getting 4Mb/s, tho that was only for the first game... Makes me think they actually set limitation's for their downloaders???

TrapiiN
01-26-2013, 06:30 PM
Same problem, their download servers are probably a small dedicated box out in brazil, hence the 100kb/sec download

Droep
01-29-2013, 01:30 PM
Same here, I have AC3 and Anno 2070 fully installed but after a system refresh I lost the registry settings. I have to download something I allready have on hdd, with slow speed, not to mention the 2 times it restarted from 0% again. They could atleast make some checks to see if gamefiles are allready on HDD and make adjustments to the system.

Omaeka
02-09-2013, 02:22 AM
im getting awful 150kb/s speeds downloading assassins creed 3, on a 100mbit connection, thank god the only games i have on uplay are AC3 and FC3... which both came free with my gfx cards, but despite that i still feel ripped off. would of been nice to have steam codes.......

milfster69
02-11-2013, 09:26 PM
Pathetic service .
Thanks for all the fish.

anthony_bcn
02-13-2013, 08:26 PM
Just to let you all know (that includes you Ubisoft) that I'm experiencing the same issue right now,well ok, reading the thread I should consider myself lucky, got 382kb/s right now, 10h left for ac3, yoohoo

Jimbob2k
02-14-2013, 08:27 PM
Just bought a new rig and couldn't save my old installs. Trying to download FarCry 3 now on a 60mb connection and i'm getting 325kbps - wtf?

TheValiantSoul
02-14-2013, 08:59 PM
I have the same problem. Download peaks at 800 kbytes/s but is usually at 600 kbytes/s, sometimes it randomly drops to 300 kbytes, even 10 kbytes at one point and you have to pause and restart download to regain the speed again. Assassins Creed has taken over 15 hours and I have two to go before the game is downloaded.

Ubi-Lhainiev
02-15-2013, 10:26 PM
Hi All, I've been advised the download speeds are being looked into, (after forwarding on the many reports received in the forum). I know it's frustrating and your patience is appreciated while this is being ironed out.

ClassicGOD
02-15-2013, 11:27 PM
Hi All, I've been advised the download speeds are being looked into, (after forwarding on the many reports received in the forum). I know it's frustrating and your patience is appreciated while this is being ironed out.
I hope it will get fixed soon. I'm getting 200-500 kBps on a 150Mbps connection (for comparison i'm getting >10 MBps on competitive service).

RumbleBling
02-23-2013, 08:53 AM
I just bought Crysis 3 and I'm getting a somewhat decent 1.5 MB/sec right now. Not to shabby but my Xfinity is usually around 3-4 MB/sec on Steam. I don't get my advertised speeds but whateve...

K1ldar
02-23-2013, 04:46 PM
I just bought Crysis 3 and I'm getting a somewhat decent 1.5 MB/sec right now. Not to shabby but my Xfinity is usually around 3-4 MB/sec on Steam. I don't get my advertised speeds but whateve...

Doesn't the Crysis 3 key code you got activate in Origin? Origin has really fast download speeds, so you might want to consider next time downloading from EA's Origin, despite buying the game from the Ubishop.

TROYBOY2009
02-24-2013, 05:20 PM
I to have slow downloads,ac3 and world in conflict.
Ac3 is going to be finished in 13 hours,and world in conflict is showing 6 hours.Considering ive downloaded things from other sources at 15gb in much less time im thinking of just quiting and uninstalling this stuff.
I got these free after buying a new card for a new gaming pc,i should not moan but its really frustrating,after going through joining up and registering my patience is really tested here.
Ive checked everything i could think of including firewall,ports,unpnp,all the usual stuff but its no good.
As others have stated,i dont havethis trouble using steam.

Just found by pausing and then continuing again has increased speed somewhat.

Well i give up,after pausing and resuming i had over 1mb speed and all looked promising,but now my download of world in conflict has failed,not even got half way.As for resuming ac3,il give that one a miss.
Not what i expected from a big company like this,really dismal service.

smudge79
02-25-2013, 07:18 PM

Any update on this?
150k/sec currently downloading Assassins Creed 3 on my 60mb connection is really quite pathetic. I never expect full speed but at this speed it would be quicker for me to order the game on amazon
This is my first game on ubisoft and this experience isnt really making me want to come back =S

Locust70
02-25-2013, 07:43 PM

If my Eyes server me right you wrote that 10 Days ago and here we are still. Im downloading Crysis 3 at what apparently is a relatively hight speed for ubisoft, 600kb/s. Let me assure you, however, that its NOT good enough. I have contacted Tech support. Interestingly Crysis3 wasnt an option so I had to file my complaint under Another game. More quality there. Point being, I want a refund so I can buy the **** game somewhere else.

Locust70
02-25-2013, 07:52 PM
Doesn't the Crysis 3 key code you got activate in Origin? Origin has really fast download speeds, so you might want to consider next time downloading from EA's Origin, despite buying the game from the Ubishop.

K1dar you are a genius. I did just what you said and my DL speed increased 10 times from 600kb/s to 6Mb/s which is as good as I could ask for with my Connection. Thank you :)
Never using Uplay again that's for **** sure :)

madddoggx
02-27-2013, 04:56 PM
the servers really are a joke , trying to dl AC3 for the 4th time , left my pc on for 8 hours to dl , came back after 8 hours thinking i would be able to install the game and UPLAY had decided to disconnect itself after an hour of dl . Uplay really are a joke .If they cant run a dl service why dont they just use STEAM servers as they max out my 17 meg connection.

machstem
02-28-2013, 02:43 AM
I just bought the buy one get one free deal, the Galaxy on Fire HD + Settlers VII. Really excited for Settlers, and started it earlier when I came home so it'd be ready 3-4hrs later.

I get on and it's not even at 30%

I then started Galaxy on Fire, which then launched my STEAM to activate the key. It started the download process on STEAM. I paused the uPlay download and was hitting 780k immediately.

That should be the minimum offered on a service that downloads anything ~1gb +.

Fix this ubisoft, it's not like you don't have our money. I just handed you some of mine again.

PEACE

sawman1687
03-02-2013, 10:56 AM
its not just driver im trying to redl farcry 3 and my dl rate is 67kbs ???????????????

Gavster2002
03-02-2013, 11:10 AM
Same issue here on AC3

madddoggx
03-02-2013, 03:25 PM
Tried again today to dl AS3 , was downloading at around 1 meg , which i thought was ok so i left it downloading for about 5 hours , came back to see if it had finished at yet again it was stuck at 99% and says failed . So i have dl this now for the 4 time without any joy , so i have 15 gig of usless files on my hard drive . What a complete was of time and bandwidth and money .Surely can be that hard for them to implement a system similar to STEAM where u can verify the files and dl the ones that are corrupt . What a joke its getting , almost thinking about dl the game from an illegal site just so i can play the game i have paid for .

disjointed2012
03-08-2013, 12:57 PM
Trying to install AC3 which came free with my new graphics card, unable to download. I have 60mbs connection but the MAX I get is around 80kbs and will take around 5 days to download...allegedly.

Seriously? I'm a big Steam fan because it is so easy, fast and reliable, all the things this uplay service seems not to be.

Shocking

bonescraper
03-08-2013, 08:43 PM
This is beyond ridiculous. I intended to buy AC III on uPlay today, but i checked the download speed first on a random Ubisoft retail game i bought earlier. And it's a whopping 36 kbps at best! Why the hell did you even make a digital shop, when nobody is going to use it anyway? It's a waste of time and resources, however little investment there was on your side anyway.

You know what Ubisoft? Just leave the PC market. Make an official statement that you don't ****ing care. Because you don't. Actions is what you're judged on, not intentions. And every time i turn my eyes on your company, you're always there to deliver epic amounts of fail.

Dellageski
03-10-2013, 01:32 AM
Glad it's not just me then. Found this thread after googling 'why are uplay downloads so slow'...

I also got AC3 free via a graphics card purchase, good job I've had other things to play really as it's been downloading for well over 12 hours now and is currently averaging 89kbps (my connection sees download speeds of 14-15mbps usually).

Won't be purchasing from uplay pc ever again, just glad my first foray was a freebie!

Dellageski
03-10-2013, 02:11 AM
And now it keeps grinding to a halt 120meg from the end of downloading then falling over....

What a POS this service is :mad:

Azrellion
03-10-2013, 02:09 PM
Funnily enough i just strolled upon this thread too, i thought maybe i was just having a dodjy connection because of my firewall or something, just wiped my PC re-installing Assasins Creed 3 and Far Cry 3 and the speeds are capping at like 200KB/S and when i FINNALY installed AC3 i get a CRU error or something so now i have to wait another 3 hours why it validates the missing files, Ubisoft i appreciate you want your own service for your games and this is the first time ive had this issue but cmon, its been going on for a few weeks now... it doesnt take THAT long to fix a connection issue maybe you should upgrade your servers? i just want to play my rightfully owned games that i bought with my money... and contact support take an age to put you through to an actual rep so no i will not be contacting them...

Tregan
03-10-2013, 05:02 PM
Same issue here. Bought AC3 from the Ubisoft store when it launched, but had to reinstall Windows. AC3 was on a different harddisk, but for whatever freaking reason I HAVE to redownload the whole freaking game, eventho it is still intact on another disk. Ofcourse the DigitalRiver download link doesn't work anymore, because it's been longer than 30 days, so now I have to use the UPlay downloader. With my 40Mbit/s connection I reach a whopping 250kbytes/sec!!! That means that IF everything goes fine (it won't, because UPlay decides to quit downloading every hour or so) I'll have AC3 downloaded in 11 hours. GG Ubisoft, what is this piece of junk?

I know you like to have your own platform like Steam or Origin, and that's fine with me. But please, before you set up something like this, make sure you can actually handle downloads fine at reasonable speeds.

Yours,
a pissed off Tregan.

Dellageski
03-10-2013, 05:43 PM
Still keeps dropping out for me, absolutely ridiculous.

No sign of any staff/admin replying here either... Anyway of bringing this thread to their attention? I can't see a report thread button, may try reporting the first post to get some attention drawn to it.

patlagik
03-10-2013, 08:36 PM
I think they are having temprary problems. I downloaded AC3 1 month ago with 3 MB/s . Now, i tried to download it again and the maximum speed was 15 KB/s.

Defiant306
03-11-2013, 01:39 AM
Download rates are a joke for a game distribution platform, Steam wasn't even this bad back at the start when it launched. Ubisoft should be taking notice of this poor service, why should I have to leave my PC on for 23 Hrs to download AC3. That amount of time is going to cost me a bomb in electricity alone if I want to play it with in the next few days, if not I will have to wait over a weeks normal PC on time to get this stupid game. :mad::mad::mad:

Mr_Boris_
03-20-2013, 11:39 AM
I decieded to download stettles7.. and.. speed is around 10kbs, though steam allows me to downlad **** at speed of 5-7 mbs
**** you ubisoft. Sure i get it that PC is nothing comparing to concoles, but thats not the reason to **** us up like this:confused:

djzaze
03-21-2013, 01:18 PM
I got assassins creed 3 for free from buying a new GPU and it takes bloody 15 hours to download it while on origin, downloading crysis 3 which is at aproximately the same size takes me about 1 hour. I don't know why they even can live with having a that slow server, well i can't.

Ultimacy
03-24-2013, 03:06 PM
I'm trying to download Assassin's Creed III as well. I'm on a 120Mb connection and i'm downloading at 840kb/s. Seriously, this is just ridiculous. This is why people prefer Steam.

Edit: five hours in, still only at 65%. I'm glad I didn't pay for this nonsense. Shame on you, Ubisoft.

pcdave24
03-24-2013, 11:15 PM
Downloading Far cry started at 3mb and though this is crap but now its downloading at just 80-200kbps this is a bloody joke ubi sort this out.

adontheball
04-06-2013, 09:26 PM
I'm now having the same problem that 99% of the people posting on this forum have. Attempting to download Assassin's Creed 3, currently at a steady 54kb/s.

Having read the thread in it's entirety, what disappoints me is the lack of response from the technical support team (simply replying "it is being looked at" is NOT good enough). This is a major issue and the lack of communication from technical support is absolutely disgusting. If it took me this long to resolve a problem in my line of work, I would be sacked. At the very least an actual response as to what is causing this issue would be most welcome (even if it is just "our servers are made of potato mash, sorry!").

Your attitude towards your customers is deplorable. You cannot justify the lack of response for such a huge problem. Your apparent lack of response of any kind of technical report says to me that your concern is certainly not with your customers. Your specialists dealing with the issue are possibly not even that concerned about the effect it is having on your customers.

From what I've read this problem has been occurring since February and you still haven't fixed it. Like I said, in my line of work, if it took me 2 months to fix an issue, I'd be sacked.

I'm sure we would all appreciate some kind of update on this issue in reply to this thread. It would also be appreciated if the update was more than "it is being looked at by our...xyz".

It's for your company's sake as much as your company's customer's sake - uPlay is an awful service and you WILL lose customers because of it. You might get a little more respect from your customers if you at least update them once in a while with more useful information than that given in this thread.

Thank you.

NB: Amendment - I just noticed the first post is dated August 2012. THAT. IS. SHOCKING. Your service has been this bad for 8 months?

GuZZ33
04-09-2013, 05:08 PM
Very slow download speeds on Uplay server here in the United Kingdom, i'm on 100mb fibre optic broadband and Ghost Recon Future Soldier will take 27-30 hours to download according to what Uplay client is reporting. I have got the game on a DVD disc but the second install disc won't work/read the data on the disc properly. Think i'll play a game of cards instead, hahaha!. Not funny.

Vahlen87
04-10-2013, 07:48 AM
Uplay is a sick joke on us poor suckers that decided to give it a try.

sardinesardine
04-18-2013, 09:18 AM
I thought I would try Uplay.. what a mistake. Downloading Assassins Creed III at 170k/sec ive been downloading for over 15 hours with 11 hours remaining what a Joke. I wont be using Uplay again.

I'm on a stable 100mb cable and can download from websites like Guru3D at full speed. so my connection is not the Issue here just poor quality Uplay Servers.

kungmikke
04-20-2013, 07:00 PM
I've got the same problem as everyone else, trying to download AC3 at ridiculous slow speed.
Wasn't this problem 2 months old? What is Uplay doing to fix it?

Glaciuz
04-25-2013, 09:52 AM
Been trying to download Far Cry 3. It started out good, 6-7MB. I went to take a shower, came back and it dropped to 1MB... Thought ok, it says 2 hours and a few mins. I can live with that, but it still is way to slow then what my internet speed is capable of. Anyways, i went to wash my car, walked the dog, made breakfast and then i went back to see how far the download was. It was downloading at an amazing speed of 58kb! And it didn't go any fast either.

This also happened the first time i downloaded Far Cry 3. But ok, we are a few month further now and hoped they would have fixed it or at least replied to this thread about what is going on. Like before, i need to babysit the download. If it drops below 1MB (which happens a lot...) i need to pause and unpause the download so it can get back to the amazing 1MB speed again, instead of speeds like ~100kb/50kb.

If Uplay wants to compete in the digitlal industry, they need to start fixing these awful speeds fast. All their sales gave me 0 interest, since it anyways take hours and hours to download a game which should be downloaded in ~20mins. I rather pay a bit more on Steam so i can download games with my full internet speed and without babysitting the download.

xbot2002
04-30-2013, 07:31 PM
And another with pathetic download speeds. Normally get 5megaBYTES a second on Steam. Downloading AC3, currently sitting at 320KB/S. I got the game in a bundle with a GTX650TI. I won't be using Ubisoft again and I will avoid buying hardware that includes anything by Ubisoft in the bundle. There isn't any excuse for this sort of download speed, especially nearly a YEAR after it was first reported.

Jellyman33
05-01-2013, 10:56 PM
I'm in the same boat downloading Far Cry 3, getting around 280 KB/S & over 9 hours to download 9GB ffs.
Quite pathetic for 2013!
This is the first and 'LAST' time I'll be buying anything that requires Uplay access.

Ubi-Mush
05-02-2013, 01:30 PM
Hi guys, please ensure you are opening tickets about this with Technical Support, the link is in my signature.

Nazgul.uk
05-02-2013, 10:25 PM
Hi guys, please ensure you are opening tickets about this with Technical Support, the link is in my signature.

Just tried to submit a ticket to tech support for my slow download speed and get nothing but this error message every time... This hasn't exactly been a seamless first purchase on UPlay. At this rate I'm going to have to keep my pc on for nearly two days to download one game, on fibre broadband.

http://i.imgur.com/rxmVwMc.png

Support ticket text as follows:

Dear Sir / Madam,

I'm currently trying to download Assassin's Creed III from from UPlay and am getting consistent speeds of 100kbps (capture of download manager attached). At this rate the download is estimated to take 38 hours.

My internet connection is currently running at 40 Mbps:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2684069144.png

And I achieved download speeds from Steam yesterday of over 1.5 Mbps.

Please can you let me know if there are any issues with the UPlay servers and when they might be resolved? If the servers are operating correctly then how else can I speed up this download?

jason.girouard
05-14-2013, 06:53 PM
i dont get why you guys are complaiing .....i just downloaded 3.6 gig trial gold in about 6 min....6.5mb/s all the way

Volfbane
05-17-2013, 10:57 PM
If you are still experiencing this issue, It may actually be a security issues with your connection. If possible, try checking your network and allowing the applications to run through firewalls or antivirus programs.downloading the content on another location. If the problem persists please attempt to submitting your main computer's Dxdiag and msinfo in a Support from a different location or computer.

zapfacid
05-20-2013, 03:46 AM
If you are still experiencing this issue, It may actually be a security issues with your connection. If possible, try checking your network and allowing the applications to run through firewalls or antivirus programs.downloading the content on another location. If the problem persists please attempt to submitting your main computer's Dxdiag and msinfo in a Support from a different location or computer.

I added uplay to my firewall... It's still going massively slow... I opened a ticket and sent a message on facebook

Areszisall
05-22-2013, 05:07 PM

Could you please advice on what ports to open (if any)?
Found this, is it accurate?:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/686449-Proper-uPlay-Port-Forwarding-for-GRFS-Forums
Uplay Launcher:
TCP: 80, 443, 13000, 13005, 13200

Edit: I opened the above ports in my router, and also added uplay.exe to windows firewall and I am still getting lousy speeds. Any ideas?

Varg007
05-31-2013, 01:13 PM
Since the release of Uplay 3.0 my download speeds have improved significantly in a way that I now download with max speed. Good job Ubisoft!

ctxukm
08-10-2013, 10:08 AM
Fixed my *** ............. downloading FarCry3 so far for about 18 hours or more! Currently only have just over 60% downloaded despite the computer bieng left on whilst i slept.

I have tried not using a proxy server as well as using one, no differance in speeds at all despite restarting uplay downloader. Speeds are abysmal, i even noticed 30kBs at times its that bad

On version 3.1 or more of the downloader i think - not about to stop it check again

What a shoddy service, the game came free with purchase of graphic cards which is the only good thing i can say for it. Does it encourage me to purchase from Ubisoft further titles? You have to be kidding if you even formulate that question in your mind! This takes me back to the days of dial up connections the speed is that slow, the only apparently other good thing is it seems to resume, guess that makes two points in its favour. I just hope after reading this entire thread and other peoples woes about it the game does install and work first time.

Using Kaspersky and it appears to be automatic its setting of proxy server settings.

In this day and age, we all expect more than this of a retalier. If you cannot provide a decent service with acceptable speeds etc. you really shouldn't be using this as a delivery option for your clients. If there was another option available to download this, i would use it.
.................................................. ..............Make those mice run faster.....the wheels going too slow Ubisoft

davidberkouwer1
08-15-2013, 07:41 AM
Same problem here,
I started with 10 mb per second, but after af few minutes it is 2 mb per second.
I should download 18 mb per second. is, 18000 kb/s

Ubi-Lhainiev
08-15-2013, 03:14 PM
Hi All - Sorry to hear the downloading speeds are really slow for you, but please try Volfbanes suggestions above and if they don't work contact the Support department. They may be able to offer you a few suggestions.

To contact Support:

Click on the My Questions link, then Ask a Question tab here: http://support.ubi.com/
By Phone - Support Team in your region: http://www.ubi.com/US/Support/InternationalSupport.aspx

Curtdragon
08-21-2013, 02:13 AM
Crazy had the same problem, surprised they are blaming the users and not fixing their bandwidth...

FUNKSTYLZ
08-21-2013, 04:29 AM
I turned my firewall off and it got slower...lol

Ubi-Lhainiev
08-21-2013, 02:32 PM
I am sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue. As a note, not everyone has this issue, some complete downloads pretty quick. It has been reported a few times though and the last time I brought it up, they advised they are working on a solution.

If you are having this issue, feel free to post here and also contact the Support department, so they can document each issue separately.

zyMboL
08-22-2013, 09:08 PM
Well, one suggestion that I would love to have found when I was researching this problem is to: Manually allow Uplay in your firewall. Since it might not have automatic been added. This made a big difference for me.

Rageofgod
08-22-2013, 11:14 PM
SO, finally I finished downloading. It took me over 6 hours with an average download speed of 650 mb/sec.

My internet: Glass cable wire, 150mbits of speed, which is the most fast internet connection you can probably get in The Netherlands as a consumer by far.

I have PRE-ORDERED this game, waiting for it to be released for about +/- 30 days, to be fair. I am a big fan of Ubisoft, that is why I give Ubisoft the privelige to have MY money in their bank account, before I even received a product, good liquidity time for Ubisoft, on the base of trust. I think the only people that do PRE-ORDERING, are the major fans of the titles.

I am very afraid, that allot of other people are very very 10x more very dissapointed in the download speeds they received from Uplay, as the main competitor (STEAM) provided me 15mb/s when I bought CS:GO lately. I was like 15 mb/s? Normally I download with 20mb/s but allright, they must be having overloaded servers or what so ever.

I contacted a "technical support employee with Ubisoft" I asked him, why am I getting such low speeds?

Response: Unfortunatly sir, we have agreed to a max download speed. So we can Provide all of our customers the same steady download even when our servers are very busy, you still maintain that speed of aproximatly (500 kb/s)

This blew me out of my mind. A company, that is so deep into details when it comes down to perfection, provides 500kb/s to a country (the Netherlands) where the average household, even grannies have an average download speed of 3mb/s.

To end my complaint: I reallllly hope Ubisoft has the best customer service in the world, I am afraid allot of people are not ever going to pre-order a DLC from Ubisoft ever again, just because the waiting time which is ridiculous. Oh by the way, this goes WAAAAAY back to 2010 already, and still no improvements to the standards.

Shame on you Ubisoft.

larrykop1967
08-22-2013, 11:25 PM
I'm also getting very slow download speeds, i have virgin media's 120mb, and Assasins Creed 2 and Far Cry 3 keep dropping to 500kb rarely going over 1mb, Steam nearly always uses most of my bandwith, shouldn't Uplay be the same

Rageofgod
08-23-2013, 12:53 PM
So strange, I today checked out the download from my friends place, who has a 60mbit line.. he downloaded splinter cell blacklist with 3 mb/sec While I have a 150mbit line, and I downloaded with prox 700kbs... Sort out your servers ubisoft.

Sheytan78
08-23-2013, 02:23 PM
I got somewhat fast download speed until the game reached 95% then it slowed down to a crawl :(

I should max at around 13.5MB/s but it's between 300-500KB/s :(

technoxxx
08-23-2013, 05:06 PM
Hey Ubi this is really poor for an digital distribution service!

My speed bumps from 10MB/s to 1MB/s and vice versa.

Especially in the evenings my speed gets very slow.

Get enough bandwidth for your paying customers and install decent load balancing for your servers.

My future purchases will be on steam, even when i have to use uplay to start your games from steam!

Why someone should use uplay when Steam is 10 times faster. Even an cryppy torrent is better than your speeds.

Give your customers a reason to buy on uplay but don't rip them off and steal their time with slow speeds ;-D

http://i.pictr.com/b3e8qs8tyk.png

One991
08-25-2013, 01:59 AM
First off, uPlay is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. Just use Steam, it's better than uPlay and Origin by miles and miles and miles and miles.

Ok, so a friend and I are trying to play COOP together but we can't join each others game, however if we join a random game we're put straight in. Anyone have a solution?

Why do you release unfinished games? Why do you copy and paste from console? Why did you create uPlay? Why is there no field of view slider? Why did I get this game in an nVidia promotion yet my nVidia experience doesn't even detect the game so I can override the naff settings?

Thanks.

One991
08-25-2013, 02:07 AM
Not only did I have to download the game TWICE, cause of CRC **** during installation, I've spent the past hour with a friend pissing about with ports, DMZs, inviting each other to games and nothing.

nuclearstaruk
08-25-2013, 02:28 PM
Hi,
With origin and steam out I am not surprised about seeing other publishers put out their own stores/downloaders.
But uplay is just so terrible that I am put off from getting any games from you in the future. The download is agonizingly slow. I have to wait like a week before the release date in UK comes round after the game being out in other regions for several days. This is 2013 for god sake, give a release on the SAME day for everyone.
I could understand staggered releases to lighten the load on your servers on release day(why no pre download weeks in advance?????) But now this is over a week since release in US and a few days after UK release, the downloader is soooo damn slow. I am not even sure I can be bothered to finish the download now.
I got blacklist as part of my GFX card deal for free anyway so I am not bothered, but take this as feedback, you have lost a customer for any future games.

I was really looking forward to watch dogs, but if you cant make a simple game launcher work well, then I don't see how I will be anything other than hugely disappointed when I play one of your games.

TL: DR speed up your game delivery system. its too slow.

Scornn01
08-25-2013, 06:02 PM
Not bad been trying to download Splintercell since Friday, had my pc on straight fer 3 days , im finally at 96%, got this game after buying a 300 graphics card, is there some answer to the incredibly slow download, checked my anti-virus etc let uplay through etc stopped restarted upteen times, nope still a rock steady 66kb/s this seriously needs sorted out

Brynemo
08-25-2013, 09:32 PM
Download speeds is a joke. Been trying to download splinter cell blacklist and the speed goes from 3MB/S to 57kB/s. Been stuck on 95% for an hour. I usually get 12-15MB/S when downloading from steam or origin. The first (and last) time I get something that requires dl from uplay. What a bad first impression.

One991
08-26-2013, 04:52 PM
Been 2 days now since I attempted this with a friend, still DOESN'T work... No patches, no word from Ubirobbed. If I finish the story before this is fixed I'll be uninstalling and not looking back.

Ubi-Mush
08-26-2013, 05:16 PM
Ok, so a friend and I are trying to play COOP together but we can't join each others game, however if we join a random game we're put straight in. Anyone have a solution?

Please have a read here https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/FAQ.aspx?platformid=9&brandid=249&productid=2732&faqid=kA030000000eZ4PCAU

If this continues please open a ticket with Technical Support, the link is in my signature.

Wintermist
08-28-2013, 04:47 PM
How the hell do I download my game in Uplay if the download speed just sticks to like 60kb/s... I downloaded fine up to 60% and now I only get 60kb/s... anyone know a fix? This is ridiculous!!!

Synthoras92
08-31-2013, 05:00 PM
I was (and still am for the next 7 minutes) downloading splinter cell black list and when i was at 7 minutes from the end of the download my download speed started jolting from 0 to the maximum possible. Why? why does this happen?? it's Uplay, it' shouldn't take away your download speed when it's finishing!!!

DrHojo
09-01-2013, 01:24 AM
I am downloading Splinter Cell Black list and it's going to take around 20 to 22 hours to finish only going around 200 to 400 KB what the hell?

Also I added ports to both router and firewall and yet still slow.

DrHojo
09-01-2013, 02:15 AM
I am downloading Splinter Cell Black list and it's going to take around 20 to 22 hours to finish only going around 200 to 400 KB what the hell?

Also I added ports to both router and firewall and yet still slow

Neoiceman
09-01-2013, 05:08 PM
Im downloading SC BL with full speed up to 98% than it drops down to 50kb/s and 200kb/s time to finish takes to long :( than im starting download from FC3 and it startet at 10MB/s up to 90% than it drops down to 150kb/s i think you UBI made an **** job with your Downloadservice and that are the last two Ubi Games i have bought.

thefrellemand
09-03-2013, 05:45 PM
I am very frustrated that my newly purchased Blacklist is at 93.6 % and decides to slow the download down to 81 kb/s while I normally DL at 3.5 MB/s.. Any clue why this is happening?

daveonmako
09-04-2013, 10:39 PM
I have been trying since last night to download SC:Blacklist 1.02 patch, yesterday the DL spead was so slow that after 2 hours it had done 3%, I am on 30MB broadband. Today it is a little better but even after 3 hours it was still only 74% complete and eventually I received a message that it was unable to download the update. Since Uplay first attempted to install the patch, Blacklist has crashed everytime I have tried to play without the patch.

This really is not an acceptable service and has really put me off purchasing games which will be dependent upon the Uplay service. After looking forward to playing Blacklist so much since it was first announced it is a real disappointment to find that I am unable to play it for the second night running.

yjanssen
09-05-2013, 12:54 AM
this cannot be happening..50kB/s. it takes well over 100 hours to download a game! i have 100Mbit up/down through fibre. What the hell??

daveonmako
09-06-2013, 09:54 PM
Nice to see Ubisoft have done some thing about the download speeds, oh, hang on that's right! They haven't.

I started downloading the remaining 25% of the patch tonight at about 9pm, so far it is up to 92%. It was on 91% when I started to download Dishonored on Steam. Dishonored is at 45%, 45% of a full game has downloaded in the time 1% of a patch has.

Don't get me wrong, I love Ubisoft games, I have done for years, that won't change because of this issue, but, I have only recently come back to PC gaming after years away on consoles and this is my first experience of Uplay on PC, to be honest, Ubisoft are making themselves look very poor at the moment which is a huge shame.

As a slight update, Dishonored's 5.8GB file downloaded in the time the patch managed 20MB.

Helayna
09-07-2013, 09:06 AM
Well I'll never be using Uplay again. 14 hours into downloading Splinter Cell and we're at 78%! Compared to 1 hour tops on Steam.

Like your games, hate your download platform. In this day and age these speeds are abysmal. I'm sure like me a lot of people came here to claim a free game or buy a game very cheap (some very reasonable deals on Uplay), but I feel like Uplay is blowing its chance to hold onto to these one time shoppers. Shame really.

daveonmako
09-07-2013, 09:54 PM
Well it you haven't completed the download I would recommend you do not apply the patch.

I did and if caused my PC to crash three times during the patch and when it did finally work , the game no longer starts, none of the old workarounds are successful and I can no longer play the game. The fix is apparently to uninstall BL and reinstall it but not to apply the latest patch.

bonescraper
09-08-2013, 08:10 PM
Ugh, i bought Assassin's Creed 3 earlier this year and the DL speed was satisfactory. That's why i gave Uplay another chance. Yet once again i'm having ridiculously slow speeds while trying to download Splinter Cell: Blacklist. Funny, as just only yesterday i was able to download AC3 with no issues whatsoever. I have a 50mb internet connection, and the game is 20GB big. Getting 300kb/s on average is just plain unacceptable. Sort your crap ASAP Ubisoft, or this is the last purchase i made from you. And i will certainly discourage anyone from using your service since you people don't seem to get a slightest hint about the mess your digital service is in. FFS, i'm clearly not the only one complaining, do something already.

Or at least give us the option to activate your keys on steam, if you're not capable of providing decent service. Aren't you people ashamed? You should be.

daveonmako
09-09-2013, 03:09 PM
In an effort to fix Splinter Cell after v1.02 patch broke the game I reinstalled from DVD meaning I had to download the patches again. The first patch was running so slowly that it hardly downloaded anything in 2 hours last night. I quit the download and decided to just leave it running this morning while I was at work. To my surprise the download completed nice and quickly, so much so that by the time I had eaten my breakfast I had downloaded and applied all the patches.

So it would seem that if you need a patch the trick is to get it in the morning, for some reason it would seem Ubisoft throttle their speeds on an evening (UK time for clarity)

spoaller
09-11-2013, 02:43 PM
I'm downloading at ridiculous speeds. Given that I would be downloading at 1+mbps from the freaking Moon, where the hell are these servers that uPlay is using for updating??

daveonmako
09-11-2013, 10:07 PM
To make matters worse, since games are dependent upon uPlay being available, I can't play a game installed on my hard drive.

Ubi-Lhainiev
09-12-2013, 01:28 PM
Spoaller - The download speeds are being looked into. I do hope it speeds up for you!

Daveonmako - If you successfully logged in once online, then select "Always start in offline mode" under settings, so you can launch your game maybe.

daveonmako
09-13-2013, 10:29 PM
Thank you Ubi-Lhainiev, I will do that as there have been rather a lot of updates recently to the uPlay client.

trundley
09-15-2013, 07:43 PM
Spoaller - The download speeds are being looked into. I do hope it speeds up for you!

Daveonmako - If you successfully logged in once online, then select "Always start in offline mode" under settings, so you can launch your game maybe.

Has there been any progress on this. I downloaded 16gb of Splinter Cell Blacklist the other day at about 4mb/s and 2 days later I have around 3/4 gb left and it going at less than 100 kb/s. Bandwidth throttling is not an issue here as I can still download from steam at 3/4 mb/s! This is getting kind of ridiculous... no?

trundley
09-16-2013, 12:02 PM
Has there been any progress on this. I downloaded 16gb of Splinter Cell Blacklist the other day at about 4mb/s and 2 days later I have around 3/4 gb left and it going at less than 100 kb/s. Bandwidth throttling is not an issue here as I can still download from steam at 3/4 mb/s! This is getting kind of ridiculous... no?

Seems to be fixed to some extent. Downloading between 2mb/s and 4mb/s

trundley
09-16-2013, 03:06 PM
Nop. Downloaded 95% of blacklist and the download speed is now dropped to less than 200kb/s and will not remain steady. Using Steam I can still download at around 3-4mb/s

eckamaan
09-17-2013, 06:55 PM
checking my broadband i recive files at 95mbit/s
dl games with uplay at 55kb/s

outrageous!

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/4470/shwj.jpg

Gamespy2006
09-17-2013, 08:51 PM
Hi guys,

i was downloading splinter cell blacklist yesterday.. everything fine.. so I stopped is bc needed to go.. and i had about 45 min of download left... so i started it up today.. and what happend just opend my mouth !!!!

im still busy downloading the rest of the game with a ******ed speed of 10kbps... how is this even possible.?? something that should take 45 min is now taking more than 4hours...
whats the problem here?

i did reboots en shut every other programm down.. and even a friend of my had the same problem???????

UBISOFT!!! HELP!!!! this is not what i paid for!

MASSDES
09-17-2013, 08:55 PM
same problem here.
redeemed the key and started downloading. At first it was great, 8mbps easily.
The further my download got, the worst the connection got somehow.
Im now on 90% and downloading with a breathtaking 50kbps.
wating 3 hours allready on a supposedly 40 minute download.

Volfbane
09-18-2013, 12:26 AM
I apologize for the problems you may be experiencing. If you have tried everything from disabling all other programs, please contact your ISP regarding any network recent changes. Keep in mind that it could be a high traffic hour and to try again later. Also, please try to pause and resume the download to see if that helps at all. I will pass this information along to be looked into by the Uplay team. Sorry for the inconvenience. If you continue to have any other issues, please submit a ticket to Support using the link in my signature below.

The_Chiprel
09-21-2013, 03:38 PM
You must to be kidding? You think, that so many players are blaming while having problems on their side? Pff... It's like a year have passed and still no progress... I am really glad, that there is only one game I really need to download here.
Ok, I say it this way. When I download some game from Steam, I usually have 6mB/s. With the same conditions uPlay download on 300kB/s speed. Of course, it's something wrong with my ISP... Maybe they just hate Ubisoft? Maybe my ISP is Steam or Origin?

mikeyca
09-24-2013, 12:40 AM
I'm experiencing the same problem still. My ISP (AT&T's U-Verse) subscription gives me max 8Mbps download. When downloading from any website or store (such as Steam), I see download rates averaging around 700KB/sec. I bought Splinter Cell: Blacklist this past weekend and the download basically doesn't happen. When I click on DOWNLOAD, the download dialog window pops up, and the rate and estimated time continue to change, but the download progress doesn't change. When I pause or cancel then restart, the download progress changes by a few bytes. What on earth is going on with the download server? I also tried downloading at different times of the day in case it was a peak time, but even THAT would be no excuse for downloads that crawl so slowly that it's basically frozen. PLEASE fix this, or at least change my activation code so I can activate through Steam instead. Right now I feel like I've been scammed out of my money.

Ubi-Lhainiev
09-24-2013, 01:30 PM
Hi All, I know this is frustrating, as a note, other players get lightening fast download speeds, while others are like snails, so its not the same for everyone. You're right, this issue has been active for awhile and improvements are being made all the time to the Uplay client. There is also a new download Manager coming out in October - Uplay 4.0. http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/795230-Uplay-PC-4-0-In-the-spotlight-The-Download-Manager!

If this continues, please connect with support, so they can work with you and we apologize for the inconvenience.

maldeojo
09-30-2013, 05:39 PM
I apologize for the problems you may be experiencing. If you have tried everything from disabling all other programs, please contact your ISP regarding any network recent changes. Keep in mind that it could be a high traffic hour and to try again later. Also, please try to pause and resume the download to see if that helps at all. I will pass this information along to be looked into by the Uplay team. Sorry for the inconvenience. If you continue to have any other issues, please submit a ticket to Support using the link in my signature below.

Apologizing doesn't help, it's 2013 you don't have excuses for slow servers, shame on you. I got a reward when i purchased a GTX card in december. I tried to download the game even if wasn't of my taste (Assassin's creed 3). Well, I couldn't belive my eyes when I saw a remainding time of 3 to 4 hours... Many of us have already Steam and despite isn't perfect, anybobody can tell that 1) You can actually download the game and 2) Downloads are much much faster. Today I have given a chance to U-neverplay, sorry, Uplay. Ubisoft's servers of horror started showing "25 minutes" and after a while reduce the speed so I have to wait another 1 1/2 hour for remaining 52% of the game. Well, the game was free and I didn't exactly had bought the graphic card for that game, so I'm not totally pissed off. Anyway, recently I have purchased another card, an AMD this time. Bad news, one of the rewarding (torturing?) games is Farcry 3 (I selected "Farcry 3", not "Farcry 3: lost something"...) that's why I'm back, I cannot believe it, still download as the UbiUbi servers are located on the moon... It takes for ever... Maybe someone finds a cure for HIV in the meanwhile...
My internet speed is 100mb/sec, 98mb down and 12mb up (effective), is it my fault being decent "fast"?

OxIdOAC
10-12-2013, 09:08 AM
OMG!!!

I will NEVER buy any of your games from Uplay ever again!!!!!
I love Assassin's Creed series, but this is too much. I first bought AC Director's Cut & AC II from Steam and it downloaded in 1 and a half hours each, and i bought AC Brotherhood from Uplay and it downloads at 0~100 kb!!!!! 4-8 hours!!! Steam RULES!!!
And for all of you who has ISO images of all AC games like i have (for whatever reason) just install them and use your legit CD-KEY in Uplay. Or buy from Steam.

sakiboj7
10-22-2013, 03:21 PM
OK i got ac3 and activated, started downloading and something is wrong with that status bar. It is showing speed but its on 0% and dont show downloaded MBs. Does it refresh after certain period or something is wrong?

Now it says 157/15674MB and 1% but download speed is max

Lady_Juliana
10-28-2013, 10:41 AM
Ok so...I pre-prdered ACIII and bought the season pass from Gamestop. Downloaded it when it was released and just never took the time to play. I have SO many other games going on, I just put it off. So last week, I thought I would start it up. Nope, it needed an update...ok... NOPE! That thing will NOT DL! And for customer service, Gamestop has a nonexistant Customer Service for their Wanna-be steam app.

So I saw the Dx Edition was on sale here this weekend. Cool, I will eat the cost I paid to Gamestop, lesson learned.

I have spent the ENTIRE WEEKEND trying to DL this game from UPLAY!!! At an astonishing rate of around 260KB/S.... It has literally taken ALL WEEKEND!! No kidding!

Ok so, it FINALLY said it was complete. Then it wanted to INSTALL after the DL. OK click that and for 4 hours it said "INSTALLING".....

So I finally closed the launcher to reset it and see if it was just hung up. The launcher WILL NOT START! Ok...RE-DOWNLOAD the launcher.

Now (and here is the FUN part) it wants to DOWNLOAD ACIII! AGAIN! wooot!! Again, at 265KB/S!!! YES!

So I have looked in EVERY possible folder I thought it had stuck it in, thinking MAYBE it just didn't find where it put it? *rolls eyes* I looked at the launcher setting to SEE what folder it was telling it to install to. Ubisoft Game Launcher/Games ..... Which is REALLY ODD because when i LOOK at that folder.... THERE IS NO "GAMES" FOLDER! lol

So now, it SAYS it is DLing it AGAIN...to where, I DONT KNOW...and it MIGHT be done by the new year! This is the most ridiculous thing I have encountered in a WHILE!! (And I play WoW so I encounter quite a LOT of ridiculous crap...but this is beyond annoying!)

I have paid full price at launch for every deluxe edition of this franchise, so far. But this crap UPLAY thing is enough to make anyone go the route of the pirate... You can get your game installed and be playing it halfway through, while the paying customer is still screwing around with technical customer service! Hopefully Black Flag is the LAST in this series and I am done with Ubisoft for GOOD!!

Ubi-Lhainiev
10-28-2013, 03:03 PM
Hi Lady_Juliana - This does sound really tiring and Im sorry you are experiencing these issues. There is a support department ready to help you though, so please contact them. They do require 48 business hours to respond to tickets, so if you do not want to wait please feel free to call them.

Curious, after uninstalling the software, did you manually delete any leftover files in the C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher (32-bit versions of Windows) or C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher (64-bit versions of Windows) before reinstalling?

Qalibre
11-02-2013, 05:10 PM
Hi Lady_Juliana - This does sound really tiring and Im sorry you are experiencing these issues. There is a support department ready to help you though, so please contact them. They do require 48 business hours to respond to tickets, so if you do not want to wait please feel free to call them.

Curious, after uninstalling the software, did you manually delete any leftover files in the C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher (32-bit versions of Windows) or C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher (64-bit versions of Windows) before reinstalling?

Hi i just got myself a new nvidea card, so with it i have had to download uplay for the first tim and start to install splinter-cell. these speeds are shocking and after only my first google of the problem i see this has been going on for YEARS now!?!?! i see there have been some suggestions to fix but as this is a new PC and have 10MB down and also my first time installing uplay i do not see how i could have a problem nor the other people who have been going through this for the recent years. how come this isnt resolved as of yet and also if it is allot of people are purchasing these games surely there should be some sort of reward for both patients and willing to carry on there purchases, what exactly is the problem that ubisoft cannot get these downloads working properly?
I must say it isn't very amusing when you have no opportunity to leave the computer running for such long lengths of time which then results in one game taking multiple days to actually download whilst you can download from many other places in minuets if not a couple hours.

DrHojo
11-08-2013, 03:58 PM
Been having issues with Uplay for ages. I am Unable to connect any game on-line unless DMZ Is on and the download of one game took me 2 days! I already have bad internet but I can get at least a MB on steam but Uplay nope nothing is working right. I did contact support and keep saying it's my ISP or Router. It's neither of them damn it its Ubisofts severers and yet the won't fix them so I have to suffer long download times and then have to turn on DMZ to play the on-line parts of the games.

warp2125
11-08-2013, 08:22 PM
Server is really playing up... cant even log into play.... nows it saying I have to enter product code... AKA... server is down... please replace the hamster and restart. Comon its nearly the weekend....

Ubi-Lhainiev
11-08-2013, 09:21 PM
Hello, for help launching Uplay or server related issues, its REALLY important to contact Support. It may appear like many of you are having the same problem, but it doesn't always mean its the result of the same issue, so those who havent already done so, please contact them. If the problem hasnt been solved for the first person, it doesn't mean they wont have a solution for the second.

And going forward please follow these steps on how to report a technical issue in the forum - Technical Issues Best Practices - http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/784065-Technical-issues-section-Best-practices!

I do hope it gets sorted for everyone though!

DrHojo
11-08-2013, 09:39 PM
Hello, for help launching Uplay or server related issues, its REALLY important to contact Support. It may appear like many of you are having the same problem, but it doesn't always mean its the result of the same issue, so those who havent already done so, please contact them. If the problem hasnt been solved for the first person, it doesn't mean they wont have a solution for the second.

And going forward please follow these steps on how to report a technical issue in the forum - Technical Issues Best Practices - http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/784065-Technical-issues-section-Best-practices!

You didn't even read what I put! I said I been to support and the keep saying it's my router or ISP it's neither of them and the other people on this Thread will likely agree with me it you ubisoft get you act together and sort it out! I want to like your company a lot but you doing stuff like this makes me not want to like you at all!

warp2125
11-08-2013, 10:11 PM
Oh dear god... I can understand what your saying.. but as I can play several MMOs with out any problems I cant see it being my ISP. The problem is with uplay ans as yet your support department has not seen fit to comment.

DrHojo
11-09-2013, 12:09 AM
Oh dear god... I can understand what your saying.. but as I can play several MMOs with out any problems I cant see it being my ISP. The problem is with uplay ans as yet your support department has not seen fit to comment.

This as well

PrimusPalus
11-19-2013, 06:52 PM

You and your support team are laying blame on the users?! Wow. I'm downloading Black Flag right now... I get 3.0-3.5MB/s for the first minute or so... then it plummets to 6kb/s. It fluctuates all over the place and I can download from ANY other source just fine. Your servers are garbage. I've also contact support two days ago and have yet to receive a response back. So the support option is NOT possible.

silverback0
11-19-2013, 07:32 PM
I had never used uplay before and have only used it now because I got two free games after purchasing a new GPU. It STINKS the server speeds are abysmal and every time I try and play a game the poxy thing updates and take hours to download.After reading the replies from uplay staff blaming users equipment and their isp no wonder most people stick to steam.Get your act together and fix the servers provide a decent service and stop using pitiful transparent excuses.

neezey
11-19-2013, 08:39 PM
I have exactly the same problem that PrimusPalus stated above. But my download speed drops to 2.4kb/s.You HAVE to provide a solution here in chat, because there is no possible solution, that you technical support division can provide. They DONT even answer my tickets.

You and your support team are laying blame on the users?! Wow. I'm downloading Black Flag right now... I get 3.0-3.5MB/s for the first minute or so... then it plummets to 6kb/s. It fluctuates all over the place and I can download from ANY other source just fine. Your servers are garbage. I've also contact support two days ago and have yet to receive a response back. So the support option is NOT possible.

reffee
11-20-2013, 09:42 AM
What is this, I got Assasin's Creed - Black Flag when I bought I new graphiccard. I have a 50Mbit download and I download in 2.3kB/s. Is this some kind of a joke? This is a slap in the face and I understand that noone wants to buy anything from uplay with this speeds. I can download faster year 1993 with my 56k modem. Wtf is this? Is the support blind to see that it's a huge problem or are they just ignoring the fact that it's not customers fault that we download in 2kB/s? Never gonna download/buy anything from this **** ever.

fenio81
11-20-2013, 03:17 PM
I have the same problem :( On 4Mbit internet connection download speed Assassins Black Flag and Splinter Cell (free game add to GTX 760) is 5-70kB/s. Sometimes peak speed jump to 500kB/s but not to long. Origin and Steam works perfect on maximum speed 450-550kB/s, only UPlay has problems :mad:

TRedgrave
11-20-2013, 08:04 PM
Hm, it's fun.
Same problem: start download - 10MB/s then instantly drop to 3.2kB/s. Pause/Resume - 10MB/s, then drops. And again. And again.
Guess i'll have to keep pressing the pause/resume button.

chargerpoes
11-20-2013, 08:37 PM
Hm, it's fun.
Same problem: start download - 10MB/s then instantly drop to 3.2kB/s. Pause/Resume - 10MB/s, then drops. And again. And again.
Guess i'll have to keep pressing the pause/resume button.

same problem here, well last game i buy from ubisoft

Raining_Stars
11-20-2013, 09:29 PM
trying to download AC4 and getting 400 kb/s, will take 14 hours....fine, I'll just browse internet in meantime.

Wait what's this? My regular web browser takes forever to load? That can't be right, maybe it's the download.
<pauses AC4 download, gets pages loading quickly>

yeah, I refuse to believe 400 kb/s is so taxing, it's making my computer slow yet Origin and Steam never have issues like this with a game download, even ones way above 400 kb/s.

runar1988
11-20-2013, 11:33 PM
trying to download AC4 and getting 400 kb/s, will take 14 hours....fine, I'll just browse internet in meantime.

Wait what's this? My regular web browser takes forever to load? That can't be right, maybe it's the download.
<pauses AC4 download, gets pages loading quickly>

yeah, I refuse to believe 400 kb/s is so taxing, it's making my computer slow yet Origin and Steam never have issues like this with a game download, even ones way above 400 kb/s.

Yep, my problem exactly. I'm also "downloading" AC4 Black Flag. It would take the developers less time to make an entirely new game than for me to download this one.

Sometimes the speed goes up to 2-ish MB/sec (which is near my max), but that's only for a minute or two. It most usually drops down to and stays on 4,6KB/sec - Yes, KILOBYTE PER SECOND. For anyone born yesterday, 4,6kb/sec is the maximum download limit of a 56k modem. It actually often drops down to 2,3kb/sec even! Hell, I've seen it drop to a couple HUNDRED BYTES! At which point Uplay hilariously estimated the download to be complete within 38.000 hours. Yes, 4,5 YEARS from now.

And whenever it's downloading 500kb/sec or more - which is ridiculously low, and I never have this problem with Steam or any other proper service that isn't designed by monkeys - my internet just chokes. Web pages load slow as hell, it's impossible to watch anything on Netflix or Youtube (you know, to have something to do while I SIT HERE CLICKING PAUSE/RESUME ALL GOD DAMN DAY TO MAKE THIS POS FINISH DOWNLOADING!) I've sat here for EIGHT hours, and the download is currently 47% completed.

All the while, no one at Ubisoft are doing anything about it, they're not even responding properly to us. One thing is for sure; I am never going to buy a game on Uplay ever again. I sincerely doubt I will buy a game that even uses Uplay, even if I buy it on Steam and it downloads through Steam. I just can't be hassled with this nonsense. Videogames are supposed to be entertainment. What I'm doing now feels like insanely mundane work. Just sitting in front of the computer for hours, clicking a button to reset the download speed every two minutes. FUN! Totally worth the money people pay you!

This is just one of the many reasons why none of you - Ubisoft, EA, anyone - will ever beat Steam. People aren't just going to come over and happily start using your service unless it starts becoming exactly that. A SERVICE. Not an obstruction.

Oh, in case someone thought I was just exaggerating:

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/2046/41xn.jpg

I have a 25mbit connection, fiber. 25mbit up and down. Steam usually downloads around 3mb/sec. I never have issues with Youtube or Netflix or any other sort of streaming/download service. My connection is flawless and my (now aging Dlink DIR-655) router is flawless. I've even shown the courtesy to Ubisoft by trying to explore other possibilities. I've forwarded ports relating to Uplay and turned off Steam and other things that could potentially conflict. To no avail. This problem is on YOUR side, Ubisoft.

Edit: I just want to sum this whole mess up.

1. We're PAYING for this game. OUR money goes to YOU because we want to play this game and we TRUST YOU to deliver.
2. You are not only encouraging, but FORCING us to use Uplay. This alone is barely acceptable, but so long as it's working, most will accept it.
3. Uplay offers no real services that we NEED, and instead hampers the experience, slows down performance of several games, or like in this case - forces us to wait literally THOUSANDS OF HOURS to even download the game. Again, the game we've PAID for. The game whose rights to play we now own, but are denied because of Uplay.
4. We're asked to report the issues, and when we do - as accurately as we can - we are told it's OUR fault, when we collectively have the exact same issue (we're ALL getting 2,3kb/sec download and it's somehow OUR fault? COME ON!). You're blaming us and effectively ignore the possibility that it's on your end, you refuse to take responsibility for the issues.
5. When you finally find a way to solve the problem on YOUR end - because the issue is solely on YOUR end - you will release some update stating "fixed bug that 0,4% of the playerbase experienced where download speeds were low", and you won't thank us for reporting the issue or even apologize for this abhorrent service you're FORCING UPON US.
6. We won't get any repayment for this. We won't get any free DLCs as an apology, we won't be offered a refund. Nothing. We just have to sit here and take it, and accept that you enormous companies screw us over with obstructions we didn't ask for, that you yourself claim are only "useful services that raise the enjoyment of our videogames".

THIS IS NOT HOW YOU DO DAMAGE CONTROL. THIS IS NOT HOW YOU KEEP YOUR CONSUMERBASE SATISFIED. THIS IS NOT HOW YOU KEEP YOUR CUSTOMERS COMING BACK. Are you new to this whole thing? Is that the reason why you're treating these types of situations so poorly?

I wish one of you support guys would tear me a new one. I've been rude and quite sharp in my statements. At least you'd show me some humanity if you got annoyed with me openly. I would much rather have that than some copy/pasted "we appreciate your patience while we work on this. In the meantime, have you tried checking if the issue is on your end? Have you tried holding in the power button for 20 seconds and see if that helps?" mumbo jumbo.

The fact is that me and many others have tried tons of possible solutions, from the most obvious to the most outrageous. Hell, I've even downloaded all the files through a torrent, put them in the folder of my actual legitimate game and seen if Uplay would register that I now have all the files. Nope, it didn't. Just keeps "downloading" at 2,3kb/sec.

Just to reiterate: I'm done buying games through Uplay.

gilgamex
11-21-2013, 02:32 AM
At least you can download black flag. It just sits there with the spinning circle forever and never starts downloading for me. Other games I have via Uplay download just fine though.

Uplay is a mess and if it were not for the free games I received from nvidia, I would avoid it completely.

smf-uk-leeroy
11-21-2013, 11:15 AM
Hi,

I only have 1700kbps internet connection, so downloading Blackflag with an estimated finish time of 54 hours. Everytime I shut down my PC, I pause the download, start up the next morning and the download has gone, it thinks the game has installed. Ive tried verify and it just sits there. Do I seriously have to leave my PC on 54 hours straight to get my content?

Lee.

SeBo1020
11-21-2013, 04:34 PM
runar1988 (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/1499939-runar1988) http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20130918.419/images/LightUbiTheme/statusicon/user-offline.png--->100% agree ,

miknic1982
11-21-2013, 06:07 PM
So I bought Assassins Creed Black Flag Recently. I'm Downloading the Game at a rate when we where living in 1995. 6.5KB/s.. 821 hours till download is complete. So when Assassins Creed 5 comes out i can play this one.

But really why is it so slow> On steam is Download 7MB/S So there is nothing wrong with my connection UBI!
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-wV6uPFyEjrg/Uo49ee9I5jI/AAAAAAAAAwI/__Q8Sa4cvbA/w1598-h709-no/Slow+Download+speed.jpg

Dark360
11-21-2013, 06:20 PM
Same here. Been on 1% for 15 Mins. AVG 3 KB/s

Toncha69
11-21-2013, 06:40 PM
Why the **** is UPlay even made? This is just terrible ********. No matter when you try it ain't going to download it, unless you are willing to wait a week for it to download.
Solution is easy and it's called STEAM but noooo. Ubisoft must promote their ****ty client.
Lucky for me this game was free but atleast know not to buy any games from ubisoft.
Feel sorry for you who wasted 60 on this.

Gurkan021
11-21-2013, 06:54 PM
Semms im not alone here got my Black Flag from Nvidia when i bough my GTX 770 going up to 7mbit/sec and says 50min left. Then it drops down to 6kb/s and take like 500H to completed

Kalashnik
11-21-2013, 06:56 PM
Same problem here.. pausing and unpausing download helps for a few seconds.. but am i supposed to sit here for an hour pausing and unpausing the download.
10kb/s when downloading.. and when doing this trick i get 10mb/s for few seconds witch is quite ok download speed when i get 15mb/s from steam.. Come on.. Ubi.. :(

gudlbua
11-21-2013, 06:57 PM
Same thing is happening to me Kalashnik. Guess Ubisoft was just not ready to release a working game-client.

LordGobbleCoq
11-21-2013, 07:10 PM
The exact same thing is happening to me. Download works fine for about 3 mins then nose dives to 2.6kb/s unless I pause and resume the download.

If I hadnt gotten AC4 free id be trying to return it by now. This is beyond a joke.

smartin13
11-21-2013, 07:13 PM
i have a download speed between 7 and 90 kb with AC4.with that speed i can play in some weeks.the support needs 48 hours,today is thursday so i have to wait till monday for a solution,and by reading this forum i think the don't have an solution. give me a steam version instead of that.

Kalashnik
11-21-2013, 07:18 PM
Gotten up to 19% with dedicated pause unpause tactic this is sad and hilarious at a same time..

fenio81
11-21-2013, 08:34 PM
Try use Proxy server 62.253.249.150 on port 8080.

msb12345
11-21-2013, 09:21 PM
that proxy is working for me downloading at a much faster rate thanks fenio81

smartin13
11-21-2013, 09:22 PM
for me too:)

Razorman_846
11-21-2013, 09:35 PM
Me three :D Steady 1.3-1.4mb/s now compared to 6kb/s :)

ROBONATOR1985
11-21-2013, 11:55 PM
I had to start the download, pause it, apply the proxy and restart the download before it started working.
I get no further connection problems (as mentioned here http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/810580-Uplay-is-destroying-my-internet-connection/page2) with this proxy but my downloadspeed goes from 1.2mb/s down to 0 every few seconds to minutes.

runar1988
11-22-2013, 01:08 AM
Try use Proxy server 62.253.249.150 on port 8080.

Thanks man, I have applied it for the future, though I sincerely doubt that I will be supporting Ubisoft again by buying a game that uses Uplay. When they can't even bother answering us or tell us they're looking into it - but instead resort to blaming us and our ISPs - I simply cannot accept that.

mrwoodys
11-22-2013, 02:39 AM
The title says it all really. I recently bought Black Flag and continued on to start the download via uplay. I've been downloading now for over 3 hours (on a 30mbp/s connection) and it's not even 40% done because every couple of minutes the connection slows down and puts me at 500kbs or lower. Yet if I was to use steam I'd either be done or very close to it. Is there any way to speed up the download process or is this how shoddy it will remain? Already regretting my purchase before I've even played the game because I don't have 12 hours to sit at a computer to keep an eye on things.

mkochsch
11-22-2013, 07:26 AM
I'm getting about a little less than 1Mbit per second download on Assassin's Creed I (yes I'm starting at the beginning). My Internet is rated at 25 Mbit/sec but usually tests a lot higher (30-40) The 1 Mbit which is coming down on uPlay is strangely about the same as a lot of torrents top out with my ISP (Shaw Canada). Could be bandwidth throttling. I guess I can live with a 30 minute download taking 2 hours. Kind of sucks though. Seems to be stalling everything else on my internet connection too. Can't even watch any content on the Roku....at the moment.

mrwoodys
11-22-2013, 11:51 AM
Same problem as everyone else. This is quite frankly beyond a god damn joke. Having to sit here and constantly pause and unpause a download for it to work isn't right. I have a 30mbp/s connection and the best uplay can give me is below 6.2kbp/s is ridiculous. Get your act together ubisoft, I spent my money on your game and you don't even have the courtesy to solve a problem which is clearly on your side. I seriously doubt I'll purchasing a game if it uses your joke of a service.

pedrostrokes
11-22-2013, 02:32 PM
VERY low speeds downloading AC IV, it's annoying, ubisoft disrespect their costumers, i should've bought on steam because it's MUCH better distribution plataform, instead of this ****ty Uplay. i'm pissed, that's one reason the people go piracy, it's sad, the pirates can distribute your game better than the own ubisoft

pedrostrokes
11-22-2013, 07:44 PM
i want to transfer my game license to steam, they are professionals and are able to guarantee our download rate, instead of this poor and amateur uplay, or maybe i should go piracy, even then, would be better than the poor quality that uplay offer to us

KennyLuah2011
11-23-2013, 04:27 AM
when i start download AC4
its was like 400kb/s and after 5sec its turn to 0byte/s . after 10sec its jump to 400kb/s again and after 5sec its turn to 0bythe/s again..
1hour and its only 300mb.

any help ?
normally i download games from steam its was stable - 400kb/s but only in uplay its unstable.

KennyLuah2011
11-23-2013, 08:35 AM
Poor Download rate for AC4 !!!

Wonderbadger
11-23-2013, 08:43 PM
I'm currently trying to download AC4 and yesterday was able to use proxy 62.253.249.150 as suggested by fenio81, today though that seems to be dead so I am back to 140 hours before it completes download (average download below 20kBps now!) Does anyone have any other ideas of alternative proxy to use? I tried to use the support form, which itself needs technical support and fails everytime. So far, not impressed by the "service".

LESZ3u
11-23-2013, 09:46 PM
I just wanted to play ACIV, but it's impossible. Download speed stuck on 190kb/s and - what is more - i can even explore the Internet, because sites can't even load. Thanks Ubi!

FatBaron
11-23-2013, 10:29 PM
Can anyone having problems please check if the uplay launcher process really uses only the stated amount of traffic. A few people - including myself - seem to have a problem where uplay seems slow but consumes close to 100 % of available traffic.

Check this image and compare left and right.

http://s7.directupload.net/images/131123/temp/s8lrtxxl.png (http://s7.directupload.net/file/d/3450/s8lrtxxl_png.htm)

bobtheorc
11-23-2013, 10:44 PM
I'm having exactly the same problem, downloads about 8b/s for a few seconds, then I lose all connection to the internet. Pause download and my connection is fine again.

FatBaron
11-23-2013, 10:46 PM
I'm having exactly the same problem, downloads about 8b/s for a few seconds, then I lose all connection to the internet. Pause download and my connection is fine again.

Do you have a killer network card (Qualcomm)?

bobtheorc
11-24-2013, 12:30 AM
Do you have a killer network card (Qualcomm)?

I've got a realtek network card

KennyLuah2011
11-24-2013, 01:27 AM
When downloading AC4 , my internet was fully loaded , cant even go to facebook or another website .

and the speed for the download was 10kb/s to 100kb/s , normally the speed of my downlaod was 400kb/s .
any fix?

KennyLuah2011
11-24-2013, 02:50 AM
1. An accurate title of the issue you're experiencing.
I brought a retail key of AC4 , when I start downloading AC4 from uplay , my internet traffic was fully loaded , but the download speed was only 10kb/s - 100kb/s ( normally from steam was 400kb/s)

2. Description
The download speed was low , and when i start downloading its was fully loaded

2. Steps to reproduce the issue
Tried googling different methods to solve the problem. Uninstalling and re-installing. That didn't work out well either, as I can't seem to get through to the update via the uPlay site.

3. Frequence
Everytime. when i tried to download.

4. Note
I'm Playing ON Window 7 Ultimate , 8GB RAM , i7-2600K CPU, GTX560TI

5. Screenshot
http://gyazo.com/47f9cd101970644f87fff67c83efffb3

Wonderbadger
11-24-2013, 05:54 AM
Can anyone having problems please check if the uplay launcher process really uses only the stated amount of traffic. A few people - including myself - seem to have a problem where uplay seems slow but consumes close to 100 % of available traffic.

Check this image and compare left and right.

http://s7.directupload.net/images/131123/temp/s8lrtxxl.png (http://s7.directupload.net/file/d/3450/s8lrtxxl_png.htm)

Hi FatBaron, whats the monitoring software you've used to show reported useage vs actual usage? I'm looking for a tool which will do similar so I can check but not found one yet (or at least not a free one).

FatBaron
11-24-2013, 09:48 AM
Hi FatBaron, whats the monitoring software you've used to show reported useage vs actual usage? I'm looking for a tool which will do similar so I can check but not found one yet (or at least not a free one).

Hi. This is the Killer Network Manager. But I guess you can check in your router software the bandwidth usage. It it maxes out with nothing else downloading then it is probably an error of the Uplay thingy.

Hunter_1988
11-24-2013, 01:04 PM
I'm having the same issue, just spent the morning trying to fix my net but finally tracked it to this download. When i start the download the dl speed goes to about 120 kb/s then slowly creeps down to about 25 kb/s. While the download is active my internet ceases to function for anything but skype.

RBurchett2013
11-25-2013, 06:00 AM
I am having similar problem. Mine goes at 2.5MB/s up to 98% 3 times now and halts. I found if you delete one of the temp files the software registers that the game is finished downloading but the has errors when you try to start it. I have been waiting for a few days now on their support ticket forum. Please post a fix if its applicable. It could help out the hundreds of others having similar problems with their games.

kyris420
11-25-2013, 05:51 PM
Due to some recent, minor PC issues. I had to do a completely clean install of Uplay, as well as steam and some other programs. However, now it simply won't download games.

I don't know if its all games, or just the one(Far Cry 3) because it's the only game I have on uplay, and other distribution services are working fine. The game just won't download. It stays at 0%, 0kb/s. I've tried everything, running it as admin, not as admin, compatibility modes with older versions of windows(I'm using windows 8). As I said, it's a fresh install of uplay, and the only setting I changed was the default directory for games and the game cache.

Ubi-Lhainiev
11-25-2013, 06:00 PM
For those who are having issues beginning their download, please contact Support for assistance.

Volfbane
11-25-2013, 06:35 PM
Thank you for the feedback as this is not a known issue. Please check for any background programs that could have also interrupted or slowed down the process. Please check to see if any of the ports here are being blocked. Uplay PC Client TCP: 80, 443, 13000, 14000, 14008

If this continues, please try contacting your ISP or network admin. If possible, try another connection to see if the problem persists. Please submit a ticket to Support if you continue to have this issue after doing so. You may locate the links to Support in my signature below.

modar
11-26-2013, 01:09 AM
splinter cell blacklist came bundled with my new video card and I cant get uplay to download the game. Uplay will start downloading and after a few min will stop and I have to restart my modem to get my internet back. :mad:

Volfbane
11-26-2013, 01:48 AM
Please try disabling any other firewall or antivirus programs temporarily. Also, please try checking the information here: https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/FAQ.aspx?platformid=9&brandid=249&productid=2732&faqid=kA030000000eZ4PCAU If this continues, please try contacting your ISP regarding any port restrictions. Also, check for any possible updates for the modem or router. Feel free to submit a ticket to your region's Support using the links in my signature below.

Live_Feed
11-26-2013, 03:21 AM
I am also having the same problem as these 2 gents. Getting 150kb a second when i should be getting 2.5mb a second. Hijacks everything, can't browse, can't connect to steam. The AC4 download literally seems to hog my internet connection and not let anything else connect.

If i use a proxy IP in the settings, i can get slightly faster speeds (200kb) and my connection is no longer hijacked. There has to be a fix for this somewhere as a 22 gigabyte download at such low speeds will take a week.

prof_ion
11-26-2013, 08:47 AM
Hello, I am Prof_Ion, also know as, Ian. I am 17 years old. (I have an ID to prove it.)
I today got an email notice from AMD that I was entitled to two free games! I was thrilled, but also had expected it, since I recently purchased an R7 260X. I selected Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon as one of my free games. I came here to download and such. I wasn't hugely thrilled that I would have to install the Uplay program, but I got over it. Well I decided I would download the game while I sleep tonight since my internet is rather slow. After clicking on the download button I was surprised to see a screen that did nothing. I sat and stared at this loading bar with a few numbers around it. One for percentage complete, another for download speed, and the last for how much you had downloaded in megabytes. This bar did not move nor did any of these numbers change. This has me rather annoyed, as I was really looking forward to playing this tomorrow.
Well to find more information I spent time on Google looking for answers. I eventually found my way to the support section. I figured it would be great to make a call and do an online text based chat to solve my problem. Sadly though I found no way of doing either of those. (Uplay lost some major points with me there.) I have been rather pleased with what I have seen of Uplay being they have some nice games. This though has me annoyed. I just want to play a game that I am rightfully entitled too, but I can't. Then there is no form of tech support outside of the forums and a list of common questions. (Bad tech support in my opinion.)
Now I am still wanting to play this game and in no way am I mad at Uplay or their techs. All I want is for someone to tell me how to fix my problems. I have opened all of the ports, I have restarted the program. What do I do now?
Help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Sincerely,
Prof_Ion

PS. I am also rather confused as to why the Uplay online store will not let me in. I am 17 and entered my age. I am of age to buy M rated games. This is hugely frustrating when I was trying to find an alternate way to get the game.

gazn1
11-26-2013, 04:08 PM
i really hate Uplay started downloading AC black flag last night for the first 20 secs of downloading started off at around 1.5 mbs then suddenly starts to drop to as low as 75kbs-150kbs i left it over night for 12 hours till around 11am next day only at 54% that is awful. i downloaded call of duty ghosts which is over 30gb in under 4 hours but that was via STEAM but i have noticed Uplay does hog my internet connection god help me when i come to get watchdogs tbh at this rate i shall stay away from Uplay in the future. in my opinion even origin is better

Bobex88
11-26-2013, 04:48 PM
Hi,
I've that problem from last thursday. I instaled Assassin's Creed Black Flag from DVD then Uplay started downloading some files. Everything would be ok if that downloading has finished. I've downloaded 22686MB of 22686MB and I've 100% but the one thing what I have is button "ok continue downloading in the background" Downloading speed in this time is ofcourse decreasing from about 2MB/s to 0kb/s. I can launch game but only in offline mode what is connected wih inability to download DLC from buccaneer edition and playing multi.
I thought it can be windows firewall or antivirus but I disabled them and nothing change. I've tried reinstall AC and Uplay many times, nothing change. Ubi support asked me to send them Dxdiag, I did it but now i"ve no answer from them since friday.
I really don't know what else i can do so I decided to write here and ask for help.

http://postimg.org/image/wfs6mzpl7/

Ubi-Lhainiev
11-26-2013, 05:09 PM
Support requires 48 hours (excluding weekends) for your ticket to be worked. If you successfully submitted a ticket and received an Incident number, rest assured they will get back to you. Thanks for your patience.

trundley
11-26-2013, 10:23 PM
Thanks for the crappy Uplay service again Ubisoft. Worked fine earlier and now its died. The same happened with Splinter Cell Blacklist. Tested a download of another game and downloads from my cloud storage and im hitting over 5mb/s. What's the excuse with Uplay? I literally cant figure out how this crap doesn't work after the amount of time it has been released. I don't pay 60 (when I could have pirated the game <-- pirate pun) to play AC Black Flag then get blocked because Uplay cant figure out how to utilise decent download speeds. The support site seems to be of no use either. Google it just as bad as it seems this issue has never attempted to have been fixed.

spidi23
11-26-2013, 11:30 PM
Again, every second day - sam story Uplay updates for hours with average 10-20kB/s ... Seriously?
open a ticket to support? I would if it WORKS! ...Took me 3 times to eventually create a ticket, other times I kept getting "we are sorry page blah blah blah try later...."
Luckily for you Ubi, and thanks to your crappy Update server I have LOADS of time now WAITING for update so I was keep on trying....
In normal life, any "normal" company would already breach SLA and paid recompensation for not delivering the product/service.... I think I will join to colegue above and his pun- Join the Pirates YARR!

mixinD
11-28-2013, 12:06 PM
this is probably not only me but ive been downloading ac4 today with a 60Mb broadband connection and for the most part its been sitting on 2.3kb a sec lol. everything else including steam and origin download around 6MB/s any ideas?

JanikOokami
12-02-2013, 11:58 AM
just to start i have. submitted a support ticket today but i recently purchased the game and started to download it from Uplay however it starts out at 156 kbs then slowly gose down to 20-50 kbs a second, suddenly my web browser cant connect or skype "there is a problem connecting to the internet.please check your network settings we'll restore the connection as soon as we can"

iv run it as admin allowed firewall to accept uplay. closed all programs using my internet tried again still not working to be honest those that have this issue ubisoft it docent help you suggestion to people its there firewalls or anti virus thats the issue. when sometimes half stuff you suggest they already did and its stil not fixed it is it possible "on your end your servers that cause most connection or download issues?" its hard to ask for support when you try and make it our fault when we follow your steps and still not resolved.. so if anyone eles is having this issue or ubisoft can give me advice. it be appreciate. and if the advice i follow still dosent work i shall let you know. and then try fix it your end?

marcuslamb
12-04-2013, 01:22 AM
Dear lord - what a piece of ****. Bought Farcry 3 in the Steam sale and it's taken me longer to update Uplay than to download the 12GB of Farcry. I'm getting a huge 20-50 kbs on a 50MB connection. Sort it out!

Camel4400
12-04-2013, 10:00 AM
I'm getting horribly slow download speeds with Battlefield 4. On Steam I get 6.5MB/8.5MB - uplay is SOOOOOO SLOOOOOOW.

PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!!

erezad
12-05-2013, 09:01 PM
i unistaled assasin creed 4 and when i trying to redownload is saying error on the hard drive due mermory or something else ,help!!

Ubi-Lhainiev
12-05-2013, 09:41 PM
Hi Erezad - Please contact Support either through the ticketing system or by phone, with the links below. Thank you.

Scorcher24
12-08-2013, 12:19 AM
Hey Ubisoft, get your act together. I am now at 36 hours after getting Assassins Creed 4. My download speed with Steam is 2 MB/s. UPlay never goes above 100 kb/s and in the same time, my whole internet goes down because of UPlay.
http://i.imgur.com/BFNEQxk.png

http://i.imgur.com/pTdiQUf.png

And you guys wonder why your piracy rate of Ubisoft Games is so high. If I would have gotten this via a torrent, I would have finished the game already. Your service sucks balls.

In the meantime, Steam downloaded a 16GB Game within 3 hours.
Steam is forced on us too, sure, but at least it ****ING WORKS.

Deviija
12-11-2013, 09:42 PM
The majority of my time downloading AC4 Black Flag is spent with a 0 download rate, only rarely does it spike up to 100-200 kb/s. But those spikes only last around a handful of seconds, then it dips right back down to 0. At this rate, I will not be able to download the game whatsoever for weeks if not months. It is really ridiculous.

More ridiculous, however, is that using Uplay seems to consume all available internet resources. I get disconnected from Steam, it pushes me offline sometimes, it causes webpages to either time out or load after a minute's worth of trying to access. So even if I have to wait and deal with a download that is 0 kb/s most of the time, I can't even use my own internet to do anything else. Wow. What kind of service is Uplay? An incredibly terrible one.

JohnMcL7
12-12-2013, 02:28 AM
The majority of my time downloading AC4 Black Flag is spent with a 0 download rate, only rarely does it spike up to 100-200 kb/s. But those spikes only last around a handful of seconds, then it dips right back down to 0. At this rate, I will not be able to download the game whatsoever for weeks if not months. It is really ridiculous.

More ridiculous, however, is that using Uplay seems to consume all available internet resources. I get disconnected from Steam, it pushes me offline sometimes, it causes webpages to either time out or load after a minute's worth of trying to access. So even if I have to wait and deal with a download that is 0 kb/s most of the time, I can't even use my own internet to do anything else. Wow. What kind of service is Uplay? An incredibly terrible one.

Same here and this is what is confusing me - according to Uplay it's only downloading at 60KB/s (kilobytes) and the amount of data it's claiming to have downloaded matches that. However anything else on the connection is unusable because there is no bandwidth available, the router claims Uplay is running at the full speed (around 500KB/s, 4Mb/s) and according to my ISP I've downloaded a huge amount of data - over 20GB when the client is claiming it was less than 5GB.

Stranger yet is that the AC4 games folder is 22.5GB which I believe is the correct size but the client is claiming it's only downloaded 10GB. My internet connection is metered between 8am and midnight but I thought as the download was running at a trickle I could leave it all day but even though the Uplay client said it downloaded 1GB, my ISP is saying I downloaded 12GB which the router agrees with and almost blown my caps. How is it using all this bandwidth and data but not actually getting that data?

I have a microserver that's on 24/7 for file serving and downloading so I'd installed the Uplay client on it as I assumed I could transfer the game over, I tried moving the 22.5GB games folder to my gaming PC but it's showing 0 downloaded when I run it despite choosing the same location. I left it running for a bit and it was ticking up slowly but I can't find where it's downloading data or where it's putting it.

I guess this topic answers my question in that clearly the Uplay client is basically broken, it's not a fault with my install but my concern is when I bought the games initially I think it said I only had 30 days to download them unless I paid for some package, is that the case or can I just forget about them for now and download sometime in the future if/when Ubisoft sort out their Uplay system?

John

FatBaron
12-12-2013, 11:04 AM
Same here. Really maddening. LOTS of traffic, but very slow actual download.

The support sent me "advice" like disabling Antivirus etc. Not really helpful. Also something like using only 2 cores of my quadcore! Yeah right. Deleting my temp folder. THAT will surely help ....

Same here and this is what is confusing me - according to Uplay it's only downloading at 60KB/s (kilobytes) and the amount of data it's claiming to have downloaded matches that. However anything else on the connection is unusable because there is no bandwidth available, the router claims Uplay is running at the full speed (around 500KB/s, 4Mb/s) and according to my ISP I've downloaded a huge amount of data - over 20GB when the client is claiming it was less than 5GB.

Stranger yet is that the AC4 games folder is 22.5GB which I believe is the correct size but the client is claiming it's only downloaded 10GB. My internet connection is metered between 8am and midnight but I thought as the download was running at a trickle I could leave it all day but even though the Uplay client said it downloaded 1GB, my ISP is saying I downloaded 12GB which the router agrees with and almost blown my caps. How is it using all this bandwidth and data but not actually getting that data?

I have a microserver that's on 24/7 for file serving and downloading so I'd installed the Uplay client on it as I assumed I could transfer the game over, I tried moving the 22.5GB games folder to my gaming PC but it's showing 0 downloaded when I run it despite choosing the same location. I left it running for a bit and it was ticking up slowly but I can't find where it's downloading data or where it's putting it.

I guess this topic answers my question in that clearly the Uplay client is basically broken, it's not a fault with my install but my concern is when I bought the games initially I think it said I only had 30 days to download them unless I paid for some package, is that the case or can I just forget about them for now and download sometime in the future if/when Ubisoft sort out their Uplay system?

John

Egovinco
12-12-2013, 01:53 PM
i live in europe and have (really ****ty if you compare to US internet) bad internet, uplay always uses all of my download speed, that is pissing me off. since not enve my antivirus is capable of updating while uplay is trying to do aswell!
PLS
ADD DOWNLOAD SPEED THROTTLE

(ddint read whole forum post)
if you know how to edit max download speed pls let me know!

FatBaron
12-12-2013, 02:22 PM
Throttling is possible with a Qualcomm E2200 Killer network card and accompanying software. I can throttle up- and download of every software.

Have you compared download speed as shown by uplay and the bandwidth used? Is there a discrepancy as well?

i live in europe and have (really ****ty if you compare to US internet) bad internet, uplay always uses all of my download speed, that is pissing me off. since not enve my antivirus is capable of updating while uplay is trying to do aswell!
PLS

JohnMcL7
12-12-2013, 04:00 PM
PLS

Actually it makes little difference whether you're on a fast connection or not, the behaviour with the Uplay client is the same - it maxes out the connection completely and download a large amount of data but the client only shows downloading at a trickle with very little data downloaded. The slow speed on its own is annoying but the fact it maxes out the connection and downloads larges amount of data is worse, I can't leave it downloading just 24/7 as it kills the connection and would use my month's broadband usage in a few days.

Tech support have replied saying their servers are slow due to heavy traffic and to try downloading off peak, I've replied explaining the problem isn't just that it's slow but that it's maxing out the bandwidth and using lots of data. I'm also trying to find if I can transfer the game data from one machine to another, I tried last night to move it from my server to the gaming machine but it isn''t recognising it and some topics here suggest it isn't possible. I'm hoping that's wrong as I've a friend locally who has downloaded the game through Uplay so if I could use his game data on my machine (as I could with Steam) then that would be a workaround for now.

John

Tezzer05
12-12-2013, 07:16 PM
This thread is 3 years old. I doubt anything will be done about this appalling service. Good job Ubisoft doesn't make anything good anymore, or I might have actually found myself tempted by one of their products and thus their bad and unnecessary game client.

JohnMcL7
12-12-2013, 07:23 PM
This thread is 3 years old. I doubt anything will be done about this appalling service. Good job Ubisoft doesn't make anything good anymore, or I might have actually found myself tempted by one of their products and thus their bad and unnecessary game client.

The thread shows as being started in August 2012 for me, still a worryingly long time but still considerably less than three years.

John

Weekend101
12-15-2013, 12:21 AM
This Uplay interface is terrible. I had to reformat my computer and now that I'm trying to reinstall Heroes VI I can't find a download link anywhere....

Sdwakias
12-15-2013, 01:39 PM
Blaming UPlay because you are unable to find a way to download a game... In your account, I have to inform you that downloading a game in UPlay is way easier than in Steam. Actually, they are all of the same difficulty, but UPlay is just more easier.

mtburr
12-15-2013, 06:38 PM
I just sent the following message to Ubsoft support. I will report here what response I get.

Greetings: I just built a computer using the GTX 770 video card that I purchased in part because it came with a nice set of games. I was excited to play AC4, but the download is absurdly slow, plus it ties up all my bandwidth despite not getting a decent stream from UPlay, and it bombs out constantly and it won't continue to download. I found a thread with numerous complaints about this issue dating back some months. For instance:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/709498-UPlay-servers-Game-download-speeds-way-too-slow?p=9388680
So I have two questions:
1) Can I redeem my game bundle codes for the disk versions of these games?
2) Does UPlay have any intention of correcting the problem so that customers can download the games they purchased with their video cards?
3) If neither of the above, then will Ubisoft refund the cost of these games so that customers can purchase disk versions? If so, how can I obtain my refund?
Thanks for your consideration.
Regards,
-Michael

JohnMcL7
12-15-2013, 06:53 PM
Having asked similar questions I expect the responses you'll get are:

1) No, I asked if I could convert the keys to Steam but no to that
2) Try downloading at off peak times, the servers are currently facing heavy traffic (ignoring that the issue isn't just it's slow but that it's using up all the bandwith and data available)
3) No, promotional package with no alternative etc.

I'm still not sure how the client wastes so much data when it's only downloading at a trickle, it seems if the server is slow the client somehow still runs at full bandwidth. I had a few hours the other night where it was running at a decent speed but the couple of nights after it's been down to a trickle. There's clearly nothing wrong with my setup or hardware, it seems that the Uplay client is very poor and unlikely to change any time soon so it looks like this will have to be an expensive lesson why not to ever use Uplay again.

John

Weekend101
12-16-2013, 04:49 AM
Being a ****** while using terms like "more easier." You sir are very credible. I will be Ignoring you since you are a waste of time and forum posts.

There is a link to download the expansion game Shades of Darkness in my account. However, since I have not purchased the expansion any attempt to download only errors out. Outside of that there are no links to download Heroes 6 without the expansion in my U-Play account.

Ubi-Lhainiev
12-16-2013, 03:46 PM
Hi Weekend101 - Have you already created a ticket to Support?

rotekz
12-20-2013, 09:07 PM
I have the same problem with uplay saying my download speed is approx 40KB/sec but Netbalancer telling me it is using the full 295KB/sec of my broadband connection.

I have submitted a ticket to Support tonight.

Here is a screenshot to prove my problem is real.
http://i.imgur.com/QChIngL.jpg

Huff-out-Loud
12-20-2013, 10:56 PM
Hello all, looks like the right place to add my 2cents. It took me 15 hours to download AC4 last night... I tried all the tricks within windows 7 to speed up download such as setting high priority in task manager for uplay.exe nothing worked... Tested speed on speedtest it was 6MB/s download speed.. Called ISP comcast nothing wrong on their end... Nothing wrong on my end as this is a new gaming build, early Christmas gift..

Conclusion, this is definately something on Uplays end and not the end users side....I can not see how this kind of Business model will sustain itself....

Sincerely, Disgruntled Customer

vzhao1
12-21-2013, 07:27 PM
This is definitely an issue of a poorly optimized game client. I have 20 down internet which means I can peak download speeds of 2mb/s. (2000kb/s) I recently got Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag and when I went to download it via UPLAY, I noticed I was getting a steady ~150kb/s download speed which would randomly peak at 250~300kb/s speeds for a split second. I also use Netbalancer and according to Netbalancer and another program that came with my Asus motherboard, UPLAY is constantly downloading at 1.8 - 2.0mb/s. At first, I thought that maybe it was a display error and UPLAY was actually downloading at ~2mbs but after leaving my PC on overnight, (which is a good 7 hours) I only downloaded 20% of the 23gb game, progress that is consistent with he displayed download speed.

What I am more concerned about is the extra missing bandwidth. What in the world is UPLAY downloading onto my computer? I am considering skipping AC4BF and uninstalling UPLAY all together because this is ridiculous.

JohnMcL7
12-21-2013, 08:27 PM
Hi Weekend101 - Have you already created a ticket to Support?

Quite honestly, I don't see why anyone would bother - all you get is one generic reply which clearly didn't read the original question, you're given the option to update the ticket and then you get ignored. I've had ticket 00924220 open for this issue and updated it on the 12th December and nothing back, the first reply didn't address anything I'd asked in the original ticket and jut suggested downloading in off peak times (!), I assume this is some automated system, I then added a detailed reply to the ticket and heard nothing back since.

It's really frustrating that I have two games I cannot play and have no confidence I will be able to play any time soon since Ubisoft technical support seems to be as bad as the Uplay programmers.

John

JohnMcL7
12-21-2013, 08:33 PM
What I am more concerned about is the extra missing bandwidth. What in the world is UPLAY downloading onto my computer? I am considering skipping AC4BF and uninstalling UPLAY all together because this is ridiculous.

That's the big question which Ubisoft so far have not answered, I cannot understand even for something that's really badly programmed how it is using so much bandwidth but not doing anything with it. I've even checked exactly what file writes the client is doing and I still don't understand what's going on, it shows as doing constant file writes to files that according to Windows aren't changing at all.

John

kostaskar1997
12-22-2013, 07:07 AM
Hi all,I have the same issue,but only with AC:IV ,I get 30 kb/s while in my limited mobile broadband 1mbp/s (it's only 5gb limited so I can't use it)I tried download a free demo of rayman legends an the speed was ok,so the issue is only in AC:IV,does anyone know when it will become stable?(I am new to uplay btw)

kostaskar1997
12-22-2013, 07:09 AM
Oh,a friend of mine has a retail cd,can i get the data from him?

Malc360
12-22-2013, 08:51 AM
Same problem here. Downloading anything using uplay maxes out my connection so I can't even load other websites but the download speed itself will peak and trough between near max and 4kb/sec.

I think the main issue is that uplay is flooding the line with too many connection attempts. Kind of like a torrent program or old filesharing software would work if incorrectly set up. I'm using netlimiter to limit the maximum speed of uplay to about 80% of my max which helps with other websites, but the speed is still not optimal. Netlimiter reports anything from 125 - 600(?!) simultaneous connections while downlodaing with uplay.

I have been downloading splinter cell blacklist and AC4 black flag for about 3-4 days now in preparation for Christmas but this is a joke. Does anyone know how we can limit the maximum number of connections permitted by a single piece of software (not just the maximum download speed)?

kostaskar1997
12-22-2013, 09:07 AM
Now I understand why they sell AC:IV only 25 euros on kinguin.net,their servers are bad(hope the multiplayer works fine),Malc360 my uplay uses 5 connections and only one is actually downloading(at 30-50kb/s)I turned off avast and it went up to 180kb/s but for a short time(currently I am on 6% -,-)

JohnMcL7
12-22-2013, 03:25 PM
Hi all,I have the same issue,but only with AC:IV ,I get 30 kb/s while in my limited mobile broadband 1mbp/s (it's only 5gb limited so I can't use it)I tried download a free demo of rayman legends an the speed was ok,so the issue is only in AC:IV,does anyone know when it will become stable?(I am new to uplay btw)

Officially, no answer at the moment - support either suggest checking the firewall/AV or to try downloading at different times. Unofficially I would guess the download times will improve once the server load goes down, with AC being a new game and being given away free with a lot of graphics cards I'm assuming that's one of the reasons downloading is such a problem.

John

JohnMcL7
12-22-2013, 03:27 PM
Oh,a friend of mine has a retail cd,can i get the data from him?

Good question, I'm not sure - Uplay is extremely inflexible about moving game content so you can't move downloaded data from PC to another, depending on how far in you are with the download it may be worth trying the retail CD and see if it recognises your Uplay serial. I suspect it won't and even if you could install the game data, it's unlikely Uplay would see it. If you're not far into the download I'd try it though however if you are a good bit in I wouldn't want to risk losing the data that's been downloaded already.

John

kostaskar1997
12-22-2013, 06:09 PM
and being given away free with a lot of graphics cards I'm assuming that's one of the reasons downloading is such a problem.

John

Yeah,nvidea gave a lot of games with their GTX 770,did those people got the game on CD or they had to download all of it?Downloading on different times whould help,but people think the same(e.g "I'll download the game at the morning,most people work at this time" more than 10,000 other people think this way and boom,slow speed again)

toxxyn
12-23-2013, 12:15 AM
What I don't get is Uplay is pulling like 3.5mb/s but the game I'm downloading is averaging like 60kb/s where is it all going? can I just download it off of steam and never use Uplay again?. . . ever?

JohnMcL7
12-23-2013, 02:06 AM
Yeah,nvidea gave a lot of games with their GTX 770,did those people got the game on CD or they had to download all of it?Downloading on different times whould help,but people think the same(e.g "I'll download the game at the morning,most people work at this time" more than 10,000 other people think this way and boom,slow speed again)

The Nvidia offer was redeemable codes, Assassin's Creed 4 and Splinter Cell for many of the cards and Batman Arkham Origins for the higher priced cards. I haven't really found much variance in speed but I can only download between midnight and 8am GMT as the line is capped outside of that and I almost used my month's allowance in one day as the Uplay client downloaded a huge amount of data despite only claiming to have downloaded around a gig.

John

JohnMcL7
12-23-2013, 02:13 AM
What I don't get is Uplay is pulling like 3.5mb/s but the game I'm downloading is averaging like 60kb/s where is it all going? can I just download it off of steam and never use Uplay again?. . . ever?

Many of us are wondering how on earth the client is downloading huge amounts of data and using up all available bandwidth but apparently only downloading at a trickle, so far there's been no answer from Ubisoft on it.

You can't use Steam to download or manage the game on Steam, it has to be all on Uplay. Ubisoft have to pay Valve to use Steam which will be taken as a percentage of each game sold which they don't have to pay for their own service. I asked about paying to convert the Uplay games to Steam activations to cover that cost as at least that way I could play the games but you can't do that.

John

Shuzer00
12-25-2013, 05:22 AM
Hey guys, I think I figured out something that works.

Like everyone here, I had inexplicably throttled download speeds via uplay, but I noticed that this happened whenever I tried to either download the game in the background, or minimized uplay AT ALL. When I left the uplay window up and running, the download speeds stayed consistently at about 800 kB/s for me with the occassional drop to the low 700s (which is more-or-less consistent with my internet download speed). I'm not sure if it will work for any of you guys, but try downloading the game from scratch and DO NOT MINIMIZE THE UPLAY WINDOW AT ALL. Hopefully it'll work for you all as it did for me.

Del-Dredd
12-26-2013, 12:44 PM
I am only trying to download the update for AC IV Black Flag as I installed from Disks, it still needs to download 1.2Gb and it is taking an age at less than 50Kb/s, why are they using dialup speeds.

It makes no difference what time I try or if window is minimised or in background.

UBI need to pull there fingers out and sort it, its bad enough having to download stuff when I have the Disks without a crappy server service as well.

From all the previous posts it is totally pointless submitting a ticket or calling support either as their suggestions are a waste of time.

Can they not read or something.

ubeenhunted
12-26-2013, 07:20 PM
What a joke. I have been trying to download AC4 for days now. I got it free with my video card and didn't realize they were going to force me to download it through uplay. Most of the time it caps out at 50 Kb/s sometimes a little more and sometimes less. The worst part is there is a 25 page thread about the problem and after days of waiting Ubisoft has yet to even respond. I even sent in a ticket knowing their answer would do nothing to help me, but they didn't even answer it. I can't wait until I'm done with this game so I can never use Uplay again. I will suggest anyone I know not use this crap client either.

kostaskar1997
12-27-2013, 09:13 AM
What a joke. I have been trying to download AC4 for days now. I got it free with my video card and didn't realize they were going to force me to download it through uplay. Most of the time it caps out at 50 Kb/s sometimes a little more and sometimes less. The worst part is there is a 25 page thread about the problem and after days of waiting Ubisoft has yet to even respond. I even sent in a ticket knowing their answer would do nothing to help me, but they didn't even answer it. I can't wait until I'm done with this game so I can never use Uplay again. I will suggest anyone I know not use this crap client either.

Actually,ubi suggest turning off firewall and antivirys,none of this have worked,I have the same excactly speeds with you and its painfull.I let my pc over night and it moved from 10% to 15%,so 1,5 gb on 7 hours,pretty bad,but we can't do anything,if we are lucky,ubi's overload will stop and we will download at normal.I hope that when it finish downloading will work great and won't stuck at 99% or won't save.

Ubi-Lhainiev
12-27-2013, 04:12 PM
Please see Volfbane's reply below:

If you are having any issues while downloading through Uplay, please make sure that there are no other background programs running or using bandwidth. Temporarily disable any firewalls or antivirus programs in the meantime, please be sure that your ISP or network admin does not restrict any ports that are currently being used. Uplay uses the following ports: TCP: 80, 443, 13000, 14000, 14008
If possible try another connection to see if it continues. If it persists, please contact Support with your dxdiag, msinfo and the name of your ISP.

preacherking
12-28-2013, 04:37 AM
hi, I can not download Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag, when I start the download it acknowledges that it has internet does not download more than 1 bit, someone can help? the download is stuck in 99%, is the third time i try download AC4,

jai151
12-28-2013, 09:52 PM
I have to babysit my downloads on Uplay. Basically once it starts, instantly run in background and as soon as it starts to drop, pause and resume the connection. It'll hold at normal speeds for a few minutes, then it will drop to under 5 kbps and I have to pause and resume it again.

kostaskar1997
12-29-2013, 12:54 PM
I found a sollution,at least for me,I start the download at 7am and leave it over night,at 8pm it's moved 7%(from 16% to 23%).Not an actuall sollution but hopeful i'll be playing the game with the new year :P
So I suggest leaving it over night,the speed may increase for a while at this period

iBlobAppleMatt
12-31-2013, 12:50 PM
MY SOLUTION

I had this issue also with AC4 whilst downloading through uplay. The dl speed was at 12kb/s through wifi and it consumed all my bandwith (why). I managed to increase my dl speed by trying an ethernet connection where my uplay downloads met my normal speed (on steam) of 10mb/s.

Try using a wired (ethernet) connection rather than wifi.

mroczek123
01-01-2014, 04:13 PM
Hi. Is it possible to download and install patch for Assassin's creed IV manually? My bandwith is 1MB/s, but Uplay is downloading with speed 20 kB/s. So is it possible to download patch manually? Sorry for my bad englisch, I'm from Poland.