PDA

View Full Version : Bass gear question = Passive Switcher?

allstar930
08-18-2012, 06:15 PM
So I have a bass and a bass amp and been loving the bass DLC...

Problem is that in order to stop the Rocksmith lag, I have my receiver set to a "pure stereo" mode that does not use the subwoofer.

I have a nice bass amp that I want to use to augment the game sound and was thinking of using a passive switcher, like the Radial Engineering Tonebone BigShot, to route signal to the xbox and the bass amp simultaneously.

Question, has anyone else tried this and how did it work?

Ryder35
08-19-2012, 09:26 AM
I just use a distortion pedal that has 2 outputs. I use the one labelled mixer to go to RS and the one labelled amp to go to the amp. Works fine in guitar and bass mode as long as I do not turn the distortion on by pressing the pedal.

allstar930
08-29-2012, 02:19 AM
It works! This is what I went with ART CoolSWITCH ABY pedal. I use it as a Y adapter and it doesn't add any delay or lag. It just works. Now I can run my receiver in stereo and augment the sound with my real bass amp.

GleepEyebiter
09-10-2012, 01:39 AM
I'm using a Radial BigShot ABY pedal to play with both an amp and Rocksmith simultaneously. Has been working just great. The only thing I noticed was that while tuning, a string will sometimes jump temporarily to -50 whereas it was more steady before.

Yrd
09-10-2012, 05:52 PM
My bass amp has a preamp output, would that be able to function as a passthrough to the game cable, while still playing through the amp's speaker? My guess is that it won't work without damaging something. But I really don't completely understand. Maybe someone that knows can explain it. Rocksmith cable is mono so I'd be using that first "click" explained in the manual.

I found the manual online, here's what it says about the output:

PREAMP OUT/POWER AMP IN (6)
A stereo Out/In jack provided for in-line patching of effects devices for each of the two amplifiers. A shielded
"Y" cord (Peavey Part #0005299) with a 1/4" stereo phone plug (ring, tip, and sleeve) branching into two 1/4"
mono phone plugs is required for this connection (insert fully). The "tip" of the stereo plug routes the signal
to effects device input. The effects device output is returned through the "ring". The "sleeve" is ground. The
first click of this stereo jack can be used as a preamp output without disturbing the signal flow to the remainder
of the system.
NOTE: If the second click of the Out/In jack is utilized without returning any signal to the system from an
effects device, the preamp functions will be disabled. The preamp level is approximately 1 volt RMS and is
high impedance (600 ohms). Any effects device used in this effects loop must be capable of receiving 1 volt
input and providing 1 volt output in order to properly drive the power amp.